• 3 Post By JBert
  • 1 Post By C3D14D
  • 2 Post By kenv

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Universal Tail light Sequencer

Hello, not long ago i ordered a universal tail light sequencer for my 2012 Mustang v6, so when i brake or turn on the hazard lights, lock or unlock the car the sequence launches, after installing the module into the tail light, the lights still fine but no sequence.. i do not now what i did wrong, but the diagram was clear.. any idea ? or anyone installed on their car ?

it would be very informative !

thanks

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3289...27424c4d39MS3z

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Seq...0092274&sr=8-7

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	510PX5iwY0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	612361  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I thought all 2012 came factory equipped with sequential tail lights.

Edit: I now see you want sequential when the brakes are applied and the car is locked/unlocked.

I'm not sure how a sequential module will interface with a car already equipped with sequential blinkers.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post
I thought all 2012 came factory equipped with sequential tail lights.

Edit: I now see you want sequential when the brakes are applied and the car is locked/unlocked.

I'm not sure how a sequential module will interface with a car already equipped with sequential blinkers.

hello, thank you for your reply, yes, i searched like the whole internet but could not find anything useful to my case

Metallic Lava Red 3.7

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
It doesn't support lock/unlock or brakes. They are for turn signal, that's what I got after reading from the link you added.

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Apologies for going off track and not answering your original question, but personally I think sequencing the brake lights (or lock/unlock) is not a good idea, so it's a good thing that it does not work.

It makes sense on the turn signal because it kinda moves in the direction you are turning to enhance the turn signal effect; but what does it mean to a car behind you when the brake lights sequence outwards? That the car is about to split down the middle and go in both directions?

The purpose of the tail lights is to communicate to cars behind you to prevent accidents; if you want a light show I'd suggest you do it a different way.

sorry for being a "grumpy old man" ; I'll be quiet now, LOL

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Apologies for going off track and not answering your original question, but personally I think sequencing the brake lights (or lock/unlock) is not a good idea, so it's a good thing that it does not work.

It makes sense on the turn signal because it kinda moves in the direction you are turning to enhance the turn signal effect; but what does it mean to a car behind you when the brake lights sequence outwards? That the car is about to split down the middle and go in both directions?

The purpose of the tail lights is to communicate to cars behind you to prevent accidents; if you want a light show I'd suggest you do it a different way.

sorry for being a "grumpy old man" ; I'll be quiet now, LOL
Very well said, it's like the imports with the flashing brake lights before they go solid. What's the purpose? I'm not quite sure.... and my grandchildren call me grumpy instead of grampy lol

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
hahahaha, well, it sucks it does not work the way i wanted it to, but its fine, it's kinda cool to have this feature, other than the "show" and imports, it give the car a character if you know what i mean.

dont worry about the grumpiness it s fine, i accept all opinions ✌️
my89foxbody likes this.

Metallic Lava Red 3.7
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I put these on my GT back when I got it. They work perfectly:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/raxio...product_videos
my89foxbody and C3D14D like this.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
I put these on my GT back when I got it. They work perfectly:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/raxio...product_videos
yesss i came across it so many times, but where i live, ordering from US websites like CJPP and AM is very hard, item cost+shipment+local taxes are very expensive, if an item costs 100$ on the website, shipping and taxes makes it arroun 300 or 400$ so yea, i'm not trying to be cheap but it s not worth it.

Metallic Lava Red 3.7
PONY Member

I know very little about this an just talking out of my butt. From my understanding and reading, the sequential tail lights are turned off on the PCM (main computer of the car) for all exported Mustangs. Not allowed in other countries . I believe if you found someone who knows how to reset things in the PCM they could figure it out. Maybe use a forscan to reset and change things?

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I know very little about this an just talking out of my butt. From my understanding and reading, the sequential tail lights are turned off on the PCM (main computer of the car) for all exported Mustangs. Not allowed in other countries . I believe if you found someone who knows how to reset things in the PCM they could figure it out. Maybe use a forscan to reset and change things?
the car is fine and stock i imported it from Florida and got it after 3 months of shipping, the car had nothing missing, my signal lights are sequential by default, i just wanted the module to sequence the lights when i break, or lock/unlock the car

Metallic Lava Red 3.7
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3D14D View Post
the car is fine and stock i imported it from Florida and got it after 3 months of shipping, the car had nothing missing, my signal lights are sequential by default, i just wanted the module to sequence the lights when i break, or lock/unlock the car

I have had these for a few years and they do what you are wanting. Plug and play, only took a few minutes to install myself.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...-usa-made.html

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page