idle issues - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JBert
  • 1 Post By candersen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

idle issues

My 2013 seems to have idle issues and with no codes are thrown, I have retrained the idle many times and after a few weeks it will start to idle erratic , when coming to a stop fast and putting it into park the idle will decrease to about 200rpm and almost sounds like it will die. Any input from anyone? The air filter is new but is CAI by BBK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I really don't know, but it might be worth a try, to clean the throttle body and the MAF sensor. Be sure to use the correct cleaner -- it says right on the can -- and do it carefully . . . might not make any difference but it's easy to try

az.dsrt and candersen like this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
I really don't know, but it might be worth a try, to clean the throttle body and the MAF sensor. Be sure to use the correct cleaner -- it says right on the can -- and do it carefully . . . might not make any difference but it's easy to try

I agree, especially since you said its a new filter? If it is K&N style, it is really easy to over oil it and that excess oil will get all over the MAF and screw it up. I would check and clean the MAF and the throttle body.
JBert likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019
PONY Member

Do what others have said to do. Newly installed cai? Have a tune or is it a no tune needed cai? Mine has been doing the idle (and many other people also) drop for many years. Ever since I've had a tune and cai. I've learned to live with it, it has never died

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

You didn't say how many miles? Maybe spark plugs..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page