Ford Mustang Forum banner

Will 3.5 EB exhaust fit 3.7?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Siber Express 
#1 ·
I have been trying to get a definitive answer to this: Will 3.5 EcoBoost exhaust manifolds bolt to a 3.7?

So far this is what people have told me:

They will plop right on with no issues
They require a special spacer because the 3.7 exhaust bolt pattern is different than a 3.5 EB pattern
You must grind a bump off each 3.7 head so the 3.5 manifolds will fit
You can find 3.7 heads that have the same bolt pattern as the Mustang 3.7 does. This 3.7 is used on commercial trucks

I am sure there are others. So, what is the correct answer???

#2 ·
Call the parts counter at the Ford dealership.

#4 ·
I really don't know; but just thinking/guessing -- isn't the 3.5 Ecoboost exhaust very different from the naturally aspirated 3.7, due to the turbocharger and all?

Are you trying to turbocharge a 3.7, and hoping you can do it with the EB parts?

Tascaparts.com has on line parts catalog and I think they have a phone number with human beings who can answer questions, might be worth a shot.

#5 ·
I would check to see if they both used the same exhaust gasket, or go to a parts store and see if they had the gaskets for both, and see how close they are to matching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.