Auto Headlights Option (after the fact) for my 2011 Mustang V6 Premium? - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i know this is an older thread but I figured I'd pass on that this part can also be ordered off amazon and it does in fact install without any screws and takes less than 5 minutes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I did it. The car is prewired for it. All you need to do is buy the switch and install It Ford Part Number 9R3Z11654

The Gnat-sum

Smile works great

I took this advice, ordered the part off amazon for $24.31 and just installed it on my '14 base V6 in less than 5 minutes and it works fine. There is a youtube video that shows you how (I am not too mechanically inclined).
2013 Ford Mustang Auto Headlight Switch Install - YouTube
Thanks fellows. I'd have never have thought of it without this forum.

The Gnat-sum

what happened to the odometer reading?

I take it back. It's not working "perfectly". When I start the car, the odometer readings are visible but within a few seconds it disappears. The auto/lights are working and when I hit the info button and go thru the options all the other readings appear, including the trip A and trip B but no odometer. Is there something I have to reset? Anyone else have this problem?
PONY Member

Mine's been installed for three years, and it has always worked as intended. Maybe a faulty part?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page