Auto Headlights Option (after the fact) for my 2011 Mustang V6 Premium? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

Auto Headlights Option (after the fact) for my 2011 Mustang V6 Premium?

Anyone know how hard it would be to add the Auto headlights option to a V6 Premium? This is driving the wife and I NUTS. I still cannot believe it did not come with it. I would think most of the stuff is there already???

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
Sterling Gray Metallic, Charcoal Black
Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
AM/BAMA 93R Tune, K&N Drop-In, Roush Axle Back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
Apprentice

I dont even use that option in my GT, what do you miss about it?

or do you mean daylight running lamps?

post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
Apprentice

GT premium comes with this. I would think that all cars have it equipped. Agreed......I can't believe it didn't come with it either.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
Apprentice

I cant believe we dont have daylight running lamps
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
Apprentice

if you mean auto on/off headlights, my V6 prem (pony) has that. If you're talking daytime running lamps, then nope not on there
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
Em3
PONY Member
S197 Member

I believe Gizmo2 is actually speaking about auto on/off headlamps. Sadly I have noticed that these are NOT a standard feature on the V6 Premium, yet only seem to be available on the V6 premium if you select the "V6 Pony Club Package(202A)" or "Mustang Club of America Package(203A)".

Not a fan of how it isn't simply standard and if you do want that option, you have two select one of those two packages even if you dislike both packages.

Ordered 1/12/11 Recieved 5/13/11: 2012 Mustang GT Premium, A/T, HID & Security, Comfort Pkg, 401A Brick Red & Cashmere Int, Black Ext, Remote Start, 15%/5% Ceramic Tint, Roush Axle-Backs, 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler, MGP Red 5.0 Caliper Covers, DG Auto Custom Quarter Window Scoops, Airaid CAI, Bama Tune.
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
Anyone know how hard it would be to add the Auto headlights option to a V6 Premium?
Get a new wife that knows how and when to turn the lights on. Personally I hate this feature, particularly if you keep the car in a garage. We've all gotten pretty spoiled with the automtic gizmos these days...Don't even get me going on rain sensing windshield wipers...

Seriously though, with the light sensor, wiring and switch differences it's probably not an easy or cheap project.

Steve
2011 GT in Performance white | 3.73's | FRPP "P" springs on D specs | Fays2 Watts Link | Brembo's | Steeda CAI/Tune | FRPP "X" into GT500 muffs | Sparco Milano seats
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

standard with HID lights.

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em3 View Post
I believe Gizmo2 is actually speaking about auto on/off headlamps. Sadly I have noticed that these are NOT a standard feature on the V6 Premium, yet only seem to be available on the V6 premium if you select the "V6 Pony Club Package(202A)" or "Mustang Club of America Package(203A)".

Not a fan of how it isn't simply standard and if you do want that option, you have two select one of those two packages even if you dislike both packages.
Correct. The sensor to automatically change the gage color when it gets dark out is there and I would think the auto on headlights would use the same sensor. I sort of hoped it would be just a switch change out.

Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
Apprentice

i'm not sure if it uses the same sensor, because sometimes my headlights will come on when it overcast, but the gauges do not illuminate. it may still use the same sensor with different sensitivities, but I do know my head lights have turned on without the gauges changing.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by si11gtcs View Post
I cant believe we dont have daylight running lamps
I would turn it off if I had it (or turn it to the parking lights....that sorta looks nice).
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilstein21 View Post
i'm not sure if it uses the same sensor, because sometimes my headlights will come on when it overcast, but the gauges do not illuminate. it may still use the same sensor with different sensitivities, but I do know my head lights have turned on without the gauges changing.
Thanks, that is the kind of information I am looking for (and don't know it). Guessing it is not a simple switch change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss ZHO View Post
I would turn it off if I had it (or turn it to the parking lights....that sorta looks nice).
I also like the looks of just the parking lights on. Don't care for the looks of the headlights on and I am sure I would not like the looks of daytime running lights on.

Thanks all!

Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera

If you want auto headlights and or headlights on all the time check out this thread.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...eply&p=2239358
PONY Member

Per the Order Guide, "Auto Headlamps" are std. on ALL 2011 GT's including base model.

It does seem silly that they tied this feature into the Pony / MCA pkg rather than making it std. on all Premium V6.

But, it may have something to do with the Fog Lamps (std. GT) ... possibly Ford does not have a headlamp switch w/ Auto Lamp but w/o Fogs.

This is my 1st car with this feature. When I've driven other peoples cars with it in the past, I always turned it off as it anoyed me.

Doug

My Stangs ...
1969 Calypso Coral 351W 4V 4-Spd 3.50 T-Lok Deluxe GT Hardtop (owned since '81)
2016 Guard 2.3L Ecoboost 6-Spd MT Base Fastback, 641, 66W, 13D, 47AX O-T-T Stripes (ord 2/11 ~ del 5/23 ~ mine 5/26)
past rides:
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L V6 6-Spd MT Prem Coupe, 203A MCA & HID's (0-129k mi)
2004 Comp Orange, 1998 Chrome Yellow & 1994 Bright Blue V6 5-Spd Coupes (0-126k, 131k & 89k mi)
1979 Fairmont Futura w/ '85 HO 5.0L, built AOD, 3.27 T-Lok + more (a Stang w/real back seat & trunk)
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilstein21 View Post
I know on mine, the Gauges change color when the auto lamps come on.
This is actually the first car that I have used them on, and only because it lets the fog lights come on also.
And what is it with People wanting Daytime running lights, to me they take away from the overall appearance of the car. If you want them turn on the headlights or get something like this Automotive Electronic Accessories - Quality Accessories for Your Car

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page