Borla Long Tube Headers - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Good News

Im going to Borrow My buddys Camcoder and get some nice quality Sounding runs for yall

up next is my 3.73 gears and they are back ordering my supercharger order 2 months

Mobile Mod Performance
Mustang Performance
v6mustangperformance.com
Leading 3.7L Database Website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Awesome, looking forward to the next vid!

Borla ATAK Axle-backs, GT500 rear valence, JLT Carbon Fiber CAI, Black Roush shift kit/Knob, Roush Quarter Window Louvers, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, 15% Tint All Around, Blacked out rear end, Blue LED Dome Lights, Silver Horse Racing Blue LED Push Button Start, AMR Charcoal wheels 255/45/18 and 275/40/18 Nitto NT555
PONY Member

I thought the Borla headers you installed sounded awesome. lol its seems that ppl over here are never satisfied with sound bits on systems esp when all the hardwork of taking your own time to make vids. Man you sure as hell did a lot of work on your ride. Nice front end conversion and rims.

Did you install the headers yourself? If you didn't how much did you pay for installation? Thinkin about gettin the headers n x pipe for my ride in a few months to.

2011 3.7L V6 Automatic
Mods: BBK Catted X-pipe, BBK Chrome LT's, Airaid CAI, Borla ATAK's exhaust, 89 Octane SFT Performance Tune, Stack Racing Billet Grille, tinted quarter lights, rear blackout panel, VHT rear lights, quarter window louvers and tinted

Future Mods:
3.73 Gears,

Apprentice

Thanks again for the feed back today i went up north a bit with my mustang club crew (Muscle Stangs of Miami) and i had the best feedback ever some of the guys from the Mustang show that we went to all though that i actually had a Shelby GT500 even the guys with Shelby's they were stunned when i told them that it was a V6 as they also Said and i QUOTE: Man No one would of though that was a V6

I did install the headers myself as i have pretty good Knowledge on working on my car but a local shop said they would do it for 350 dollars i though that was a bit steep so i decided to do it on my own so far i have done everything on my car including some parts of the front conversion.

Mobile Mod Performance
Mustang Performance
v6mustangperformance.com
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1989 View Post
i will try my best to get a cam coder and do a nice complete video but for now this is the third part of the video sequence this part shows me doing an actual full throttle run.

2011 mustang v6 BORLA LT HEADERS pt3 - YouTube

for those in question yes Borla is BY FAR the best sounding system at least for the 2011's

No other system sounds like this and yes i have heard the BBK and no they do NOT sound better then Borlas LOL at ALL
Thank you for the vids I must say they sound good in that last vid, I definetly want to see them in person bet they sound much better. I am saving up for them its probably going to be a christmas present from myself to myself lol

looks like you caught some nice lightning and thunder in the 3rd video for a second i didnt know if it was the thunder i heard or your car
PONY Member

Man so nitro you installed those headers using a lift by yourself? Man its good that you got the experience to handle a difficult install like that. Yea 350 is a bit steep for headers and x pipe. I was quoted 200.00 plus tax which I thought wasn't bad.

Did any of those shelby guys gripe at your front end conversion with the cobra badges?
I gotta say tho man with all the $$$ you put into that full-exhuast system, you by far have one of the best sounding '11 6'rs on the forum. I appreciate you taking the time to finally put a vid of this amazing full Borla exhaust system. NOW i really look forward to finishing up my Borla exhaust project lol.

2011 3.7L V6 Automatic
Mods: BBK Catted X-pipe, BBK Chrome LT's, Airaid CAI, Borla ATAK's exhaust, 89 Octane SFT Performance Tune, Stack Racing Billet Grille, tinted quarter lights, rear blackout panel, VHT rear lights, quarter window louvers and tinted

Future Mods:
3.73 Gears,
Ack
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mustang View Post
Man so nitro you installed those headers using a lift by yourself? Man its good that you got the experience to handle a difficult install like that. Yea 350 is a bit steep for headers and x pipe. I was quoted 200.00 plus tax which I thought wasn't bad.

Did any of those shelby guys gripe at your front end conversion with the cobra badges?
I gotta say tho man with all the $$$ you put into that full-exhuast system, you by far have one of the best sounding '11 6'rs on the forum. I appreciate you taking the time to finally put a vid of this amazing full Borla exhaust system. NOW i really look forward to finishing up my Borla exhaust project lol.
$200? I as quoted $500 for just the install of x pipe and headers from the guys at brenspeed.

- 2012 Mustang 3.7, Black, Premium Package, Exterior Appearance Package, Coup Accessory Package

Mods - Signature won't allow me to list them all.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ack View Post
$200? I as quoted $500 for just the install of x pipe and headers from the guys at brenspeed.
They would be raping you for $500. Most people with a friend could do this in 2 hrs or less. Assuming the tech doesn't ride the short bus to work wearing a diaper and helmet, he should be able to do this in 1.5 hrs on a lift.

Displacement makes you complacent
Apprentice

actually

Thank you for the Feed back 808mustang the Shelby guys actually were to busy with their mouths opened on the fact that i had a V6 that i had converted the Front into a Shelby and sounded Almost Identical to a Real Shelby everyone kept on giving me Props for doing the things i have done to my car on my own and i have always been a i'll pay for it type of guy but now a days with the economy you don't know what in the hell someone might do to your car that might mess up later on only so you can go back to them so i much rather do things on my own and like that i know exactly what has been done to my car, I did not do this on a lift i simply used 2 Large Jack Stands and a 2.5 ton Roller Lifter used a 13 mm Ratchet for the bolts along with Impact Gun and Impact ratchet for the Bolts from the Manifold connected to the X-Pipe/Catalytic converter it was a 12mm On the Impact gun with an Extender and then the bolts from X pipe to Headers and From X pipe to Cats were both 15mm the clamps that came with the package are rather small so make sure the Clamps COVER all holes that might be on the X pipe Tips Torque it and your set. the most amount of time spent was tightening the bolts Extreamly Unconformable on the Passenger side do to the Minority of Space , Driver side Surprisingly was the easiest side Even tho the steering column is there it was ALLOT easier

Mobile Mod Performance
Mustang Performance
v6mustangperformance.com
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1989 View Post
Thank you for the Feed back 808mustang the Shelby guys actually were to busy with their mouths opened on the fact that i had a V6 that i had converted the Front into a Shelby and sounded Almost Identical to a Real Shelby everyone kept on giving me Props for doing the things i have done to my car on my own and i have always been a i'll pay for it type of guy but now a days with the economy you don't know what in the hell someone might do to your car that might mess up later on only so you can go back to them so i much rather do things on my own and like that i know exactly what has been done to my car, I did not do this on a lift i simply used 2 Large Jack Stands and a 2.5 ton Roller Lifter used a 13 mm Ratchet for the bolts along with Impact Gun and Impact ratchet for the Bolts from the Manifold connected to the X-Pipe/Catalytic converter it was a 12mm On the Impact gun with an Extender and then the bolts from X pipe to Headers and From X pipe to Cats were both 15mm the clamps that came with the package are rather small so make sure the Clamps COVER all holes that might be on the X pipe Tips Torque it and your set. the most amount of time spent was tightening the bolts Extreamly Unconformable on the Passenger side do to the Minority of Space , Driver side Surprisingly was the easiest side Even tho the steering column is there it was ALLOT easier
Uh...Wow...

Are the comma's the only punctuation working on your computer or phone or whatever you are using? And no capital "I" either? :nogrinner

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

wow, knock a guy about how he spells or his capital "i"s
I credit him for working on his own car and being able to pay for it.he could spell every other word wrong and it would be ok with me.you must get a life dude

Base performance package:1/4 window louvers,k&n drop in filter,barton shifter,3:73 ford racing gears and diff cover,royal purple gear oil,spohn del sphere uca and mounting bracket.red & black leather seats.20%tint BBK Shorty Headers. tokico d spec adjustable shocks and struts, boss rear seat delete (red) future mods:driveshaft safety loop,clutch and flywheel
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrullo View Post
wow, knock a guy about how he spells or his capital "i"s
I credit him for working on his own car and being able to pay for it.he could spell every other word wrong and it would be ok with me.you must get a life dude
You must be kin to him...

PONY Member

Thanks for the great details on the setup nitro. I might have to go ask some of my boy's if they got an impact gun though. Man esp since your going FI route next your ride should be more of a BEAST lol you lucky SOB.

2011 3.7L V6 Automatic

Future Mods:
3.73 Gears,
Apprentice

I have to ask Nitro, how much did that front end conversion run you? It looks fantastic and I would be considering that over the gt bumper with the boss splitter.

Borla ATAK Axle-backs, GT500 rear valence, JLT Carbon Fiber CAI, Black Roush shift kit/Knob, Roush Quarter Window Louvers, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, 15% Tint All Around, Blacked out rear end, Blue LED Dome Lights, Silver Horse Racing Blue LED Push Button Start, AMR Charcoal wheels 255/45/18 and 275/40/18 Nitto NT555
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Uh...Wow...

Are the comma's the only punctuation working on your computer or phone or whatever you are using? And no capital "I" either? :nogrinner
Seriously? Come on man, how long ago did you graduate? The apostrophe should be after the s, as the commas' have no posessions. This also negates "the" being placed before "comma's", as said commas' are pleural.

The moral of the story? Please don't rip on someone else's punctuation and/or grammar if you're not going to use proper punctuation and/or grammar yourself.

2011 GT C/S, MT82 Race red with all black interior
Conti Extreme Contact DWS's 245/45 ZR 19
GT500 axle-backs with resonator deletes, FRPP tune
BMR poly LCA's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page