Borla Long Tube Headers - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

So Nitro, you are running the ATAK catback with the Header/X combo, correct? I'm at work right now and can't listen to the videos from here, but will check them out tonight. I'm considering going with the headers/X, but going with the Touring for the catback as i'm not interested in the car being so incredibly loud that every cop in a 10 mile radius knows I'm coming...

On a side note, is it possible to keep the stock cats and just move them between the X and the catback pipes? I understand it would still not be technically legal, but if it wouldn't sacrifice too much power, would help to keep my carbon footprint down (generally speaking, i'm not a tree hugger by any means...), and also help to tame a little bit of the noise at less than WOT, then I would probably want to go that route. To do so however would probably create teh need to shorten the catback pipes, right?

2011 3.7 V6 Premium, Black on Black Pony Package, Comfort Package, Security Package, Airaid CAI, BAMA 93H, 2.73 gears, SVT Strut Tower Brace, Llumar Window tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe7280 View Post
On a side note, is it possible to keep the stock cats and just move them between the X and the catback pipes? I understand it would still not be technically legal, but if it wouldn't sacrifice too much power, would help to keep my carbon footprint down (generally speaking, i'm not a tree hugger by any means...), and also help to tame a little bit of the noise at less than WOT, then I would probably want to go that route. To do so however would probably create teh need to shorten the catback pipes, right?
Not a viable option. The stock cats have a flange on the top end to bolt up to the manifold and have a cone with an angled outlet on the bottom where they hook to the mid pipe. Would take quite a lot of work to make them fit in any other position.

Tons easier to just go with aftermarket high flow cats.

PONY Member

Besides an easier install, cost will likely be close because moving the stock cats will likely require more labor than putting in catted X pipes.

2012 Lava Red Mustang Coupe V6 with stone interior
Auto,2.73,BAMA Tunes 93H,Axle Exchange Aluminum DS,Pypes M80 mufflers,Airaid CAI,
Shelby GT500 racing stripes, Side window louvers,Side scoops,Polk Audio MM571 speakers
Shelby GT500 Steering wheel, Maxxim Maze wheels (18 lbs), BBK Throttle Body, Stillen Chin Spoiler, 10" Amplified Bazooka Subwoofer, Illuminated Door Sills, GT500 rear diffuser, Roush Rocker Panel Splitters, Splash Guards, Continental Extreme DWS tires

Apprentice

i have the BORLA LONG TUBE HEADERS, X-Pipe, And ATAK catback System.. yes the car is really loud if you step on it but if you accelerate slowly it actually sound nice kind of like old GT's with Flows, obviously if you step on the car hard it will sound like a dragon broke loose and is looking for the person who put him in hiding ... but thats normal ... see im more of a performance/ racing type of guys that is the reason why i modify the engine of the car... for performance base cats are restrictive and steal power there for no cats for me... long tubes make your car sound loud because they are long tubes shorty's don't make as much noise but the reason the car sounds loud is because the engine is breathing it can breath perfectly its like if you have a cold and your congested you pop some vicks and your nose clears right up well thats what your car feels like when your take off cats. now placing cats on this system is a bit tricky because borla did not mean for this system to be catted and tuners might have a problem dealing with it tune wise, plus their is no guarantee that it will give you the same power gains.. placing cats will require you to weld them onto the actual system Stainless steal Cannot be Welded naturally it needs to be welded on a special environment so it will not be easy and it will not come cheap,,, the touring exhaust will not make the car sound much quieter, ATAK is basically the deepness of the ROAR .

Mobile Mod Performance
Mustang Performance
v6mustangperformance.com
Leading 3.7L Database Website
Apprentice

A better and Improved Video of the last 3 parts of the first 2011 Mustang V6 with Full Length borla headers and system.

2011 mustang V6 Borla Full Exhaust.wmv - YouTube

Mobile Mod Performance
Mustang Performance
v6mustangperformance.com
Leading 3.7L Database Website
PONY Member

Sounds pretty damn good! too loud for a DD but none the less. I wonder if Borla will ever put a catted mid out- though based on what I've read it appears not.

2011 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0L
1996 Mustang GT/5spd/convertible - PI Cams, PI Intake, Bassani OR X pipe, Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers, C&L plenum with 75mm TB, K&N FIPK, Hella FF75 foglamps, 2003/04 Cobra A-arms...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page