2012 Mustang automatic transmission problem when cold - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbelt67 View Post
And a BIG thanks to Deysha for expediting this issue with my dealership.
You are very welcome! Stay in contact with your CSM until your pride & joy is back in your hands! Have a good one!

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe7280 View Post
Hey Jack,
The symptoms you are describing are actually competely normal and are built into the shift parameters. If you search through this forum and go back about 6-12 months, you will encounter multiple threads describing this perfectly. Sadly, the only way to get rid of this hesitation is to get a tune (Which I would highly recommend BAMA).

As for Yankefan, that is NOT normal. Take it to the dealer immediately and get it fixed.
Unfortunately a tune can result in warranty work denied! We shouldn't have to resort to aftermarket to make the car work properly. I had a 2005 Mustang GT automatic and it shifted MUCH better than my 2012 does. I love everything about this car except the lame shifting - flare from 1st to second, slow downshift when I hit the gas, and not downshifting when I am coming to a stop. Dealer says it is all "normal", no fix from Ford.

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
Rookie

2012 Mustang automatic transmission problem when cold

My 2012 does the same thing but only after it sits for a couple days. it is probably the anit-drainback valve not keeping fluid in the tranny. It then takes the 5 or 10 seconds for the tranny pump to refill the tranny. the dealer says a lot of cars do this and there is no fix.

Apprentice

I have a 2012 automatic as well and if you try and punch it while the engine is cold it does the same hesitation everyone else describes. I've not done that once but I know it's just something that happens to every car, just let your car sit like 10-15 secs before you put it in drive. Also I would not do any hard acceleration until your car is warmed up. Just my opinion.

2012 MCA 6 speed auto.
Mods: JLT CAI,3.73s,BBK TB,lethal x pipe,93 tune
PONY Member

Try Lucas Transmission Fix. That mysterious bottle of fluid fixed my last transmission problem.

I used to have a 99 Mazda Protege. It took several seconds to engage into gear, after I shift into R. After I put the transmission fix into the transmission, that issue never came back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbelt67 View Post
I have a 2012 mustang V6 auto with under 1000 miles. I've noticed that when my car is cold the transmission seems to R up a bit almost as if it's a stall converter. Also it seems to take a bit longer to shift while cold. I've only noticed this from take off and as soon as it's warmed up it no longer happens. Is this normal or should I consider taking the car back in? I was just about to purchase a tune and this has me concerned enough to put that on hold. Thank you to anyone who can help.

===
2014 Mustang V6 3.7L 6-spd manual, with MGW shifter, Airaid CAI, BBK shorty headers, Corsa Sport axle back, strut tower brace, JLT oil separator, GT500 differential cover, BG Synchro Shift II gear oil, Redline differential oil.
Apprentice

There is a TSB on this issue I believe, I found it when looking for one for 2012 cars experiencing the 11-11-11 symptoms.

TSB 13-4-15

Hope it helps you.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzo999 View Post
My 2012 does the same thing but only after it sits for a couple days. it is probably the anit-drainback valve not keeping fluid in the tranny. It then takes the 5 or 10 seconds for the tranny pump to refill the tranny. the dealer says a lot of cars do this and there is no fix.
Hi jazzo999,

You should have your dealer look at it. Your service manager is in the best position to let you know if there is work needed, and about coverage you may have for it (warranty, recall, etc.). Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page