White letter tires for perf pack? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

White letter tires for perf pack?

Has anyone seen any white letter tires that will fit the pp wheels (or just any at all,lol, i know theyre kinda old school, but i think they'd pretty sick). I found some on tire rack, but theyre for like 15 inch wheels. Any help is appreciated.

2011 3.7L 6sp Performance Package, Ext. Black, Bone Stock with the exception of an oil change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
PONY Member

I get laughed at everytime i tell people I want white letter tires. But actually there are very few companies still making white letter tires especially on performance tires. Good luck finding them and post a pic if you put them on.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

I've also looked with no luck.

2011 v6 PP Race Red
Flowmaster Super 44's
K&N Drop In
3.73 Rear End
Axle Exchange Driveshaft

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
PONY Member

Just buy the tires you want and 'paint' the letters you'd like. I've done this with my old motorcycle before. Here are a few examples.

Raised White Letter tire paint. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Painted Tire Lettering (GT Style) - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

- K

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
PONY Member

You can buy whatever brand/model tire you like best...and then paint them. There are a few articles floating around...there is an Integra forum with a great write-up. I tried posting the link, but it wouldn't work. Just search in Google and you'll find it.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
Banned

It's going off in an orthogonal dimension, but you can get decent selection at a very high price in red-line metric sizes here:

http://www.dbtires.com/2011_catalog/2011catalog_Hi.pdf

White letters (solid) are going to be hard.....in your modern aspect ratios and sizes.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I used the performance white touchup paint on my 08 to paint the letters. Looked great 20 feet out or when I was driving. looked like a first grader did it when close up.

2015 Oxford White GT Manual Transmission
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Manual Transmission - Sold.
2012 Grabber Blue V6 - T-boned and totaled.
2008 Performance White V6 - SOLD!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I used to paint the letters on the tires on my 18 wheeler for truck shows, just used a paint pen that I got in the hobby section at walmart. Works great and looks good for a while but then you have to touch them up.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

thanks for the advice guys, sorry for the late reply.

2011 3.7L 6sp Performance Package, Ext. Black, Bone Stock with the exception of an oil change.
PONY Member

if you do do it make sure you post pics. Im not sure if i would like them yet but the idea has peaked my intrest!

2012 v6 white, base, performance package, borla ATAKs, 4 alpine type s speakers, 35% tint
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

ill be sure to if i put em on.

PONY Member

The article I mentioned earlier...

Painted Tire Lettering (GT Style) - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

GT Member

Post pics if you do it.

There is no difference between this and marketing badging on a car. Anyone who laughs at you better not have a 5.0 or tri-bar Pony emblem on their car.

2016 Oxford White GT Premium, Performance Package w/silver wheels, 401A, Premier Redline trim, Adaptive Cruise, NAV, Reverse sensing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page