Anyone else disappointed with the keys? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

My girlfriend's mother's S550 has one of those touch open/lock dealies. For that you don't even need to operate the key, just have it in your pocket lol Seems really pointless to me

I'm not sure if you can start the car the same way though...

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sav
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
My girlfriend's mother's S550 has one of those touch open/lock dealies. For that you don't even need to operate the key, just have it in your pocket lol Seems really pointless to me

I'm not sure if you can start the car the same way though...
You can. You put your foot on the brake and press the engine start button. As long as the car detects the key in the cabin, it'll start right up.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe MCA - Performance White/Charcoal Black
Banned

My previous car was a 10 Camaro V6 and it had the switchblade keys. Yeah, they were nice.

But that was about the only thing that was better then my 11 Stang.

GT Member

I had an 07 nissan sentra and I love that you could leave the key in your pocket and start the car. also the little buttons on the outside of the car would open the doors if your key was in range. cool feature. also for the fact i could leave my car running take the key with me and lock her up for those quick 30 second runs into 711 lol

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by post_break View Post
I use the keyport, it works great.
Interesting idea but it appears to leave out the keyless entry features of the original. Do you have to unlock your car with the key every time? How do you open the trunk (no keyhole)?

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
Apprentice

ya i like that switchblade style but i am interested in what your doing about the keyless entry too. even if its cutting the key part of the key and still using the remote part.:?:

2011 V6 Black/Black MCA edition with performance package and tints.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00 View Post
Interesting idea but it appears to leave out the keyless entry features of the original. Do you have to unlock your car with the key every time? How do you open the trunk (no keyhole)?
You have to unlock the car with the key. Opening the trunk is done by hitting the button on the console inside the vehicle.

It can be a chore but I'll take 5 keys and a flashlight in a tiny silent package than the huge car key and a key ring any day.
Apprentice

so i should be able to use my spare key and cut the key part off and then use black part as a separate piece and attach it with a dongle. i would rather have a those two pieces with 5 keys and a flashlight then that LONG ford key and the rest on the ring

2011 V6 Black/Black MCA edition with performance package and tints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page