Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

car vibrates when a/c is on

14K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  SlateSamurai 
#1 ·
has any one else had this problem i can feel the whole car shake when i use my ac/heater or,when i roll up my windows its bugging the **** out of me .

#2 ·
Mine does it too. It comes and goes sometimes, seemingly from tank to tank of fuel. It's the alternator/refrigerant compressor putting a slight load on the engine. Griped to Ford about it along with a long list of other crap when the car was new; got the usual "normal condition" BS.

#4 ·
You could try disconnecting the battery to clear out the ECM. It might just a hiccup or some bad gas. I've seen a few other auto trans equipped people on here griping about idling problems (in drive) here and there, some major, most minor. My manual trans car vibrated A LOT sitting at idle with the A/C on when it was brand new, but doesn't do it as often now.

#6 ·
I can defiantely feel the AC compressor kick in (either ac or defrost) on mine but no issues with it off??

G
#7 ·
has any one else had this problem i can feel the whole car shake when i use my ac/heater or,when i roll up my windows.
Mine does it too. It comes and goes sometimes, seemingly from tank to tank of fuel. It's the alternator/refrigerant compressor putting a slight load on the engine.
I can defiantely feel the AC compressor kick in (either ac or defrost) on mine but no issues with it off??
Hello members,

I recommend you make an appointment with your Ford dealer and have them check if it’s normal or not. Then, you can PM me with your VIN, mileage, contact info, and dealer so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area if needed.

Deysha

#10 ·
I have this same exact issue and it is sooo annoying. It sounds bad on the engine/car.

I am having this same issue. These cars are almost 10 years old now. If you guys have had these cars since brand new and they do this and since have had no major issues. I am starting to think it may be nothing to worry about. My car I bought in 2016 which is a 2011 v6 is doing this.

well it also does it after it warm in i drive a while then go to put it in park
My car sometimes does this same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.