car vibrates when a/c is on - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

car vibrates when a/c is on

has any one else had this problem i can feel the whole car shake when i use my ac/heater or,when i roll up my windows its bugging the **** out of me .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011
PONY Member

Mine does it too. It comes and goes sometimes, seemingly from tank to tank of fuel. It's the alternator/refrigerant compressor putting a slight load on the engine. Griped to Ford about it along with a long list of other crap when the car was new; got the usual "normal condition" BS.

2012 Kona Blue 3.7, M6, 101A, security package, built 5/3/11.
Mods: The list is long, like WRXified's winky used to be.

Other junk: 1994 Z28 conv LT1 A4 - 1965 Custom 2dr 390 M4 - 1962 Galaxie 4dr 427 A3 - 1979 Firebird Formula EV (work in progress) - 1967 Austin Healy Sprite (basket case)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

it just started a few weeks ago well that blows

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011
PONY Member

You could try disconnecting the battery to clear out the ECM. It might just a hiccup or some bad gas. I've seen a few other auto trans equipped people on here griping about idling problems (in drive) here and there, some major, most minor. My manual trans car vibrated A LOT sitting at idle with the A/C on when it was brand new, but doesn't do it as often now.

2012 Kona Blue 3.7, M6, 101A, security package, built 5/3/11.
Mods: The list is long, like WRXified's winky used to be.

Other junk: 1994 Z28 conv LT1 A4 - 1965 Custom 2dr 390 M4 - 1962 Galaxie 4dr 427 A3 - 1979 Firebird Formula EV (work in progress) - 1967 Austin Healy Sprite (basket case)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011
Beast3.7

You may just need to have the car relearn its idle parameters. I think Ltngdrvr posted how to do it.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011
PONY Member

I can defiantely feel the AC compressor kick in (either ac or defrost) on mine but no issues with it off??

2011 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0L
1996 Mustang GT/5spd/convertible - PI Cams, PI Intake, Bassani OR X pipe, Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers, C&L plenum with 75mm TB, K&N FIPK, Hella FF75 foglamps, 2003/04 Cobra A-arms...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetucker View Post
has any one else had this problem i can feel the whole car shake when i use my ac/heater or,when i roll up my windows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbleedBlue View Post
Mine does it too. It comes and goes sometimes, seemingly from tank to tank of fuel. It's the alternator/refrigerant compressor putting a slight load on the engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck268 View Post
I can defiantely feel the AC compressor kick in (either ac or defrost) on mine but no issues with it off??
Hello members,

I recommend you make an appointment with your Ford dealer and have them check if its normal or not. Then, you can PM me with your VIN, mileage, contact info, and dealer so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area if needed.

Deysha
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

well it also does it after it warm in i drive a while then go to put it in park
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011
Beast3.7

Try this first:
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Quote:
has any one else had this problem i can feel the whole car shake when i use my ac/heater or,when i roll up my windows its bugging the **** out of me .

I have this same exact issue and it is sooo annoying. It sounds bad on the engine/car.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck268 View Post
I am having this same issue. These cars are almost 10 years old now. If you guys have had these cars since brand new and they do this and since have had no major issues. I am starting to think it may be nothing to worry about. My car I bought in 2016 which is a 2011 v6 is doing this.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Quote:
well it also does it after it warm in i drive a while then go to put it in park
My car sometimes does this same thing!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Garage
Mine vibrates horribly when I shift into park or reverse, and there'll be intermittent vibrating when I'm idling. I get no codes, replaced the spark plugs-- it almost feels like a misfire, even though start up, acceleration, and shifting in drive feels normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in