Ford Mustang Forum banner

So, who's car got a visit from the fat guy???

3K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  midnite8511 
#1 ·
Theres one thread about a fellas Christmas present, but I thought I'd throw a thread up about everyone's Christmas gifts for their rides! :laughlitt

I "bought myself" FRPP 3.73's and Bama tune. Then I got the JLT cai, led dome lights, shorty antenna, and 'custom made' shifter knob with polished collar.

The tune and cai are AWESOME! The JLT may not be the exact best fit or most stock looking under the hood, but damn it sounds good! Def a different feel on the butt dyno too!

The shorty antenna looks great, and the shifter/collar really cleans up the interior. Also, the shiftknob feels great when rowing through the gears.

I would HIGHLY recommend American Muscle to every single mustang owner out there. Even if their prices aren't the best (which I have no proof of, they're pretty low), their customer service is top notch!

What all did ya'll get!

Merry Christmas!

#3 ·
Ive been running the tune for a week or so and loving it! The intake seems to be a nice improvement as well. I cant fkn wait to get the gears in, then I have some huntin to do :gringreen

I thought you were geared already hog, bet you can't wait either! Those lca's should do ya good, those are the ones my dad's running (Z28Th1s)...

#5 ·
Glad to see you are enjoying your mods!!

The only thing I got for either of my cars was a set of GT500 splash guards (mud flaps) for the '11 V6. They are a nice mod and definitely helps keep behind the rear wheels cleaner.

Oh, you are going to LOVE the 3.73's!!!

#6 ·
Airaid cai, hood struts, 3rd brake light mustang stocker, winter floor liners. The car? Should be here around the 2nd.

#7 ·
My car got a visit from the fat guy! Silver horse racing Blue LED push button start, American Muscle $100 gift card, and best of all a GoPro HD Hero!

#8 ·
I didn't get anything performance oriented, but i did get a Jar of Wolfgang's Fusion wax. :worship

#9 ·
haven't got anything yet, but still have 3-4 more recitatives to collect money from.

planing on the
mach 1 chin spoiler
Chrome gas tank cover

Bama Tuner or True Dual Exhaust setup (which ever i have enough money for)

#11 ·
Barton shifter and bracket
Lethal Off-Road X
Boss Hood Decal
3.7 Badges
Pypes High flow cats

wooopp woop

#12 ·
Wife bought me an Airaid CAI. Sound and throttle response is amazing. She left it open for me to get one more mod of my choosing. I was looking to go performance oriented. Any suggestions?:bigthumbsup

#13 ·
Well hell, I vote Procharger! :D Or driveshaft maybe. They've been good for 8hp or so on the dyno, and would be a piece of mind for me personally.

OR the lethal xpipe would great choice too. 16hp for $200 is actually a pretty good turnover. :gringreen

#25 ·
QUOTE=FoolnYa;2854869]Looks like Lawrence is already tuned and geared. I know the d/s and xpipe are the next 2 mods on the list, along with some lca's somewhere in the mix if my car turns into peter rabbit after the gears go in...[/QUOTE]
Well hell, I vote Procharger! :D Or driveshaft maybe. They've been good for 8hp or so on the dyno, and would be a piece of mind for me personally. OR the lethal xpipe would great choice too. 16hp for $200 is actually a pretty good turnover. :gringreen
Lol, no way she goes for the procharger. like you guys said, the lca's and xpipe are next. I wasnt sure which to get first though. I thought lca's were primarily for launches which I don't do really... That often...sometimes lol. it will probably be the xpipe I guess. Was a bit hesitant until I get more real world feedback.

#17 ·
Looks like Lawrence is already tuned and geared. I know the d/s and xpipe are the next 2 mods on the list, along with some lca's somewhere in the mix if my car turns into peter rabbit after the gears go in...

#19 ·
I bought myself FRPP 3.73's and my Fiance is paying to have them installed. They would have been installed last week, but had an issue with the Firmware update. AM's hooking me up though!

-J

#21 ·
I got a rock :sosad:

#23 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new on these forums. Love my new Mustang as much as or more than my old Jeep (that's saying a lot for a car I've had for less than 1000 miles!). It seems like I've gone from one vehicle with a devoted following to another and that's the best part of owning these things.

Santa (my USAA account) got my Mustang an Airaid CAI and BAMA tune- I can't wait to install them. I've always been a hands-on guy with everything except my vehicle, but now that's changing :bigthumbsup

#24 ·
I flashed my car back to stock, so I could get ready for my gear install. BAMA sent me 3 new tunes and recommended to update to the latest version of Firmware. I tried to do that, but now I get the filesystem error message on my tuner. SCT is closed until January 3rd, but Chris Young from AM is helping me out, so I can get my gears installed this week while I'm off work. American Muscle is great at going above and beyond to help their customers.

-J

#27 ·
Black 3.7 badges
GT front bumper
Lethal Off Road X-pipe

Stuff I am about to buy
New mufflers since mine are too loud with the ATAKs and no cats
Get my C-stripes installed
Saleen Grill
DDM 8k HIDs
CS/GT lower fascia

I just ordered a new tunes for my x-pipe. When I installed the Hybrid I notice that my car would go past 114mph, and something just didn't seem right with the car performance wise. So installed the Race Tune and everything was a lot better and she would not stop at 114 mph. Then my engine light came on because of the cats. I thought with the tune that wouldn't happen. I am going to call AM tomorrow to see if something went wrong.

#28 ·
Nice list Cresent! I believe you can turn oiff the o2 sensors via the handheld, just not sure how. Im guessing as well that you need a different tune for the xpipe anyways, so just give AM a shout and they should fix ya up!

#29 ·
Those were supposed to be the tunes for the X-pipe. I will give them a call tomorrow.

#30 ·
Ah gotcha, dunno how I got crossed up, lol. Well hope they get it straightened out ya, keep us up to date as I plan on going with the o/r x here in the next month or so.

Dunno how its gonna sound with my stock axleback, but Im going for the hp gain anyways :gringreen

#31 ·
If I get my lazy butt out into the cold and install the stock ones I will post a video just so you have some idea. It shouldn't be too bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.