Does 2012 have top boot? - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
billccm's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Tucson
Posts: 197
 
Does 2012 have top boot?

Hello All:

I have been test driving various 2010, 2011, and 2012 Mustang Convertibles, and notice some have top boots in the trunk and others do not.

I downloaded the Owners Manula to the 2012, and thought I read instructions on how to attach the top boot, yet my dealer says the roff itself makes the boot?

I can get any info from the Ford web site.

Any comments?

Thanks, and Happy New Year, Bill


2012 Base Mustang Convertible
2009 Grand Marquis
billccm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011
PONY Member
 
Tripleshot McC's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 274
 
It is a $160.00 option on all convertibles. I never saw a Vert for sale that did not have it listed on the sticker though. I ordered my car with everything I wanted, so of course, ordered it too. It is softer than the one I had for my 2000 Vert. and folds up smaller in the trunk. It actually looks really nice on the car. Since I live in CA, my top is down about 360 days a year, so that boot is on all the time. I did see that some shops have a Cobra version of the boot that is thicker and made to look like leather with the CS emblem. Problem is, it's like $380.00! I will get one when I wear out the stock one.


2015 Premium GT Vert/MT82/Ruby Red/401a/50 Yrs pkg/3:55s/Nav/Rev Sensors
Mods: MRT hood struts, MMR reservoir tank, Airaid Intake tube, K&N Filter, 50th shift ball, 50th floor mats, 50th trunk mat, Audison Tweets & Mids, all LEDs, Rockford Fosgate P3 Sub in trunk Future: Bama Tune
Tripleshot McC is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
billccm's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Tucson
Posts: 197
 
Well, I've had my car a little over a month, and I do miss having a boot. My LeBaron looked so good when the boot was on.

I've yet to see a 2009+ Mustang with the boot on, and have not found any pictures of the boot, or the boot on the car.

Does anyone know the Ford Part Number/price for the boot?

How much room does it take up in the trunk?

What about installation? The boot for the LeBaron was very tricky.

I'm still surprised that the Mustang did not come with the boot, so I guess that is why I never see them on cars?

Thanks for the information, Bill

2012 Base Mustang Convertible
2009 Grand Marquis
billccm is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012
PONY Member
 
oldncrusty's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: adrift
Posts: 268
 
They're butt ugly. I put mine on once and removed it immediately. It sits upstairs in the garage. If I wouldn't feel so bad about bilking someone, I'd sell it in a flash.

Oh...it's also a pain in the a$$ to install. Takes about 2-3 minutes. If you're about to drive into a downpour you'd have to get out of the vehicle to remove it before raising the roof. Another 2-3 minutes.

Did I mention it's butt ugly?

They don't take up much room at all. Throw it into the attic and raise your house's R-value.
oldncrusty is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012
Apprentice
 
Clueby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: High Ridge
Posts: 247
 
My 2011 V6 Premium Vert did not come with one and not on sticker. Living in the midwest, the top goes up and down a lot even in summer so wouldn't want to deal with putting it on and off. With the hard front section of the top it does sort of create its own "boot" although not as finished looking as the separate boot. Mine is tan top..but I guess black boot would work.

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
Clueby is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
billccm's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Tucson
Posts: 197
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldncrusty View Post
They're butt ugly. I put mine on once and removed it immediately. It sits upstairs in the garage. If I wouldn't feel so bad about bilking someone, I'd sell it in a flash.

Oh...it's also a pain in the a$$ to install. Takes about 2-3 minutes. If you're about to drive into a downpour you'd have to get out of the vehicle to remove it before raising the roof. Another 2-3 minutes.

Did I mention it's butt ugly?

They don't take up much room at all. Throw it into the attic and raise your house's R-value.
This is the kind of honest advice that I sincerely appreciate! Thank you, and have a nice day!

2012 Base Mustang Convertible
2009 Grand Marquis
billccm is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012
Rookie
 
SeminoleSailor's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Chesapeake
Posts: 50
 
Looks good, easy to install

Quote:
Originally Posted by billccm View Post
Hello All:

I have been test driving various 2010, 2011, and 2012 Mustang Convertibles, and notice some have top boots in the trunk and others do not.

I downloaded the Owners Manula to the 2012, and thought I read instructions on how to attach the top boot, yet my dealer says the roff itself makes the boot?

I can get any info from the Ford web site.

Any comments?

Thanks, and Happy New Year, Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by billccm View Post
Well, I've had my car a little over a month, and I do miss having a boot. My LeBaron looked so good when the boot was on.

I've yet to see a 2009+ Mustang with the boot on, and have not found any pictures of the boot, or the boot on the car.

Does anyone know the Ford Part Number/price for the boot?

How much room does it take up in the trunk?

What about installation? The boot for the LeBaron was very tricky.

I'm still surprised that the Mustang did not come with the boot, so I guess that is why I never see them on cars?

Thanks for the information, Bill

Mine came with the boot and I eventually decided to put it on one day. The first time is a bit tricky as there are no instructions with it, but once I got it on, it looked great! Every time I put the top down and plan to have it down for the day, I put the boot on as it only takes a couple of minutes to put it on. As for storage in the trunk, during the winter, I keep it in my house because it takes up a lot of room, but in the summer, I keep it in my car 24/7 for the frequent need to lower the top. I guess some people might not like it, but I absolutely love it and think it is a great addition to the vehicle!! I say go for it.
SeminoleSailor is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012
PONY Member
 
Storm75's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: SW OH
Posts: 432
 
I ordered one with my '12 convertible and am glad I did. I don't use it for everyday cryuising around, but so put it on for car shows and cruise-in events. To me it adds a very finished look to the car. I have to admit though that the late model Mustangs look pretty good with just the bare top down; the last piece that folds over has a good look to it!
Storm75 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1