Ebay Leather seat covers - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Just installed my seat covers! They're looking really great! The GT500 wheel I ordered from Tousley Ford comes in tomorrow too!

Question for those with leather: Do you use any products to keep it fresh and without cracks? I'd really like to prevent that down the line, and being in Louisiana, it gets excessively hot pretty quickly...

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaseleblanc View Post
Just installed my seat covers! They're looking really great! The GT500 wheel I ordered from Tousley Ford comes in tomorrow too!

Question for those with leather: Do you use any products to keep it fresh and without cracks? I'd really like to prevent that down the line, and being in Louisiana, it gets excessively hot pretty quickly...
I haven't done anything to protect the seats myself, especially considering most of the seat isn't leather... what's the point lol. I know there are a lot of members on these forums that seem to treat their seats, but I have no intentions of doing so

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
post #48 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I wonder if previous mustang seats were of similar composition... My cousin has a 98 GT with beige "leather" seats that have more cracks than a plumber in daisy dukes... :kooky:

Also, did you ever look into a side panel replacement to match the seat dimples? I can't decide whether I like the plain base inserts or the premium dimpled ones...

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps

GT Member

Blaseleblanc -

I tried many different leather cleaners over the years and always go back to Zaino Leather Soft (cleaner) and Zaino Leather in a Bottle (conditioner). They don't leave too much shine and they leave the leather smelling incredible.

I've bought a lot of different brands of sprays, lotions, wipes etc from Autozone hoping to find a better local option but nothing compared to the Zaino.

Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner: Zaino Store

Z-10 Leather in a Bottle: Zaino Store

Just buy a couple bottles of each to last you a couple year and help absorb the shipping costs.

Displacement makes you complacent
Apprentice

Anyone get a set for a 2011 and install it in a 2012? How did it fit? Can you get tan/stone or black only? I have a stone cloth interior.

2012 Red Candy V6 with Performance Package
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcanoe View Post
Anyone get a set for a 2011 and install it in a 2012? How did it fit? Can you get tan/stone or black only? I have a stone cloth interior.
2011 and 2012 Mustangs are exactly the same, other than the extra storage in a sun visor in the 2012, I test drove both of them and there is absolutely no difference. So yes, they use the same seats.

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLomeStang View Post
2011 and 2012 Mustangs are exactly the same, other than the extra storage in a sun visor in the 2012, I test drove both of them and there is absolutely no difference. So yes, they use the same seats.
Extra storage where? Also someone mentioned different colors. I haven't seen them yet. I wish I could have gotten saddle. Also the door panels don't come off. You have to buy the whole door assembly for $900 a piece!:nogrinner

2012 Performance Package V6 MT82
MODS- FRPP Sport axle back, Lethal Off/road X-pipe, Air Raid CAI, SCT Tuner BAMA 93R tune, 20% tint, Leather seat installed, Joe Heck Short shifter and bushing, Steeda Shift knob with billet collar, 4 6X8 kicker speakers.
Soon to come- Alum driveshaft, Interior Lighting, louvers, GT/CS front end, some kind of forced induction.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLomeStang View Post
The headrests are different in 2012 models manufactured after July of this year. They added tilting headrests.

post #54 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thanks WRX! I just got my GT500 wheel in today, I'll install it tomorrow morning and post pictures of my base interior with the black charcoal leather seat covers and a GT500 steering wheel in case anyone was thinking about those mods... I've only seen Jlome's stang with his Boss wheel so far!

post #55 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Here are some pictures of my 2011 base model 6 with leather seat covers and the GT500 steering wheel as promised! :smilie

The first thumbnail is the base steering wheel and leather as a comparison!

Also, does anyone else's leather seats happen to have a vinyl/cloth type section on the inner side near the console...? I got the leather installed at a shop, and since the seats were turned inside out when they were delivered and I brought them straight there, I wasn't really able to notice that...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	385533_2422185558340_1362491409_1918218_799486025_n.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	147014   Click image for larger version

Name:	398567_2437689545930_1362491409_1922596_1023863331_n.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	147015   Click image for larger version

Name:	400056_2437688105894_1362491409_1922592_1475583555_n.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	147016   Click image for larger version

Name:	406878_2437688505904_1362491409_1922593_1008006025_n.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	147017   Click image for larger version

Name:	404703_2437689185921_1362491409_1922595_1012788743_n.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	147018  

MACH I Member

Thumbs up

They look great!

Quote:
Also, does anyone else's leather seats happen to have a vinyl/cloth type section on the inner side near the console...?
Yep.

GT Member

I call them the crumb catchers.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
But the OEM leather are only leather on the seating surface. The rest of the seat, which is about 75% of the surface, is matching vinyl. Granted they do a good job matching the color and texture, so most folks can't tell the difference. But I tend to keep a car a long time and after five or so years you really notice the difference in the two materials.
When I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my interior, I priced Katzkins. Turns out that only the face of the seats are leather, while the rest of the seat, about 75%, was matching vinyl...just like Ford!

I wound up buying 2011 GT takeouts and put them in my car, replacing the ugly cloth covers. The price was about 1/4 of what Katzkin wanted, and in my opinion, look as good as the Katzkins do.

I encourage anyone who wants to put leather in their cars to look for 2011-12 GT takeouts from Shelby, Rousch or ebay, if you can find them. Do a thread search for "Stealth Interior Pics" to see how mine turned out.

2009 Vista Blue V6. Leather Seats, Black Interior, K & N CAI, '05 GT Wheels.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescent1101 View Post
Also the door panels don't come off. You have to buy the whole door assembly for $900 a piece!:nogrinner

Huh..? I have had both door panels off of my 2011 about 20 times each. Are you saying that the 2012's have irremovable door panels? That seems highly impractical for a company that has done as much cost-cutting as Ford has lately.

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 MT Red Candy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerbob1111 View Post
Huh..? I have had both door panels off of my 2011 about 20 times each. Are you saying that the 2012's have irremovable door panels? That seems highly impractical for a company that has done as much cost-cutting as Ford has lately.
Not certain what he meant by that. Maybe he's referring to the subwoofer enclosure not being removable from the door panel. I know because the shaker door panels have the subwoofer enclosure built into them they're quite expensive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page