FRPP Sport vs Touring - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

FYI, they can be shipped to Commiefornia, it's just illegal to use. Although enforcement sort of depends on the region. For example, in my last car (which was much louder than my current), I never had any problem in the Greater Los Angeles area. But once I took a road trip up to San Jose (Central Cali) and got pulled over for aftermarket exhaust. The officer said, "You know it's illegal to have an aftermarket exhaust in California?" and I said "What? I had no idea!" He took a look at my license and said, "Well, I'm gonna let you off with a warning because I don't know how they enforce it down there." =D

So anyways, considering the more liberal interpretation of noise pollution in SoCal, I don't think my current exhaust will be an issue. Accelerating normally produces as much noise as an older 350z with slightly worn stock mufflers. And there's plenty of louder things on the road...like choppers (bikes), construction (jack hammers), traffic (honking), and exotics (occasional V12 supercar).

2011 Mustang V6 MCA PP Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The sports are not too loud, so unless you live in CA where they are illegal, I would look no further.

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
PONY Member

Touring FRPP on youtube

FRPP Touring V6 - YouTube

Sounds like sport but there it is

2012 v6 Tri Yellow Performance Package.
Upgrade to interior only so far.

PONY Member

Yeah, that's not a bad sounding exhaust... not at all.

2011 GT C/S, MT82 Race red with all black interior
Conti Extreme Contact DWS's 245/45 ZR 19
GT500 axle-backs with resonator deletes, FRPP tune
BMR poly LCA's
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Bob Dobbs View Post
Anybody use the Touring? I'm afraid the Sport may be too loud.
I've been thinking the EXACT same thing for months now.

I know the Sport isn't obtrusively loud and that both it and the Touring are drone free. But I'm also looking for a sound that sits in between the Sport and the OEM exhaust.

It's just hard for me to justify spending almost $700 for ANY exhaust (LMR has the FRPP Touring for $670), much less just an axle back. Corsa has their drone free Sport for $584, but it seems it's on the sound level of the Sport.

What to do: the quieter FRPP Touring for $670 or the louder & less expensive $584 Corsa.

Finger on the trigger, but still undecided ...
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012 Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks for that video! I could hear NO popping when he revved it sitting still, which can be heard with the Sport version. That's what I wanted to know.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Bob Dobbs View Post
Thanks for that video! I could hear NO popping when he revved it sitting still, which can be heard with the Sport version. That's what I wanted to know.
Be careful with your comparison though... the popping is a natural characteristic of the 2011+ Mustang however, the automatics have noticeably less popping than the manual, even it in their stock form... so if it was a video of the FRPP Touring on an automatic car, it might not mean anything if your looking to do the same mod on a manual car.

I can't see the vid at my office which is why I wasn't sure.

The axleback systems for our cars do not "create" the pop, they only emphasize it, but again this is more drastic on manual than on auto... my father and I did a side by side comparison last time I was in town and his is a stock auto with stock exhaust, it pops... but you have to rev it hard, and even then it's very faint.

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012 Thread Starter
Banned

In the vid, he revs it in park, no popping as it winds down, but he doesn't rev it very high like they do on most of the Sport vids.
Rookie
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011BlackV6 View Post
I've been thinking the EXACT same thing for months now.

I know the Sport isn't obtrusively loud and that both it and the Touring are drone free. But I'm also looking for a sound that sits in between the Sport and the OEM exhaust.

It's just hard for me to justify spending almost $700 for ANY exhaust (LMR has the FRPP Touring for $670), much less just an axle back. Corsa has their drone free Sport for $584, but it seems it's on the sound level of the Sport.

What to do: the quieter FRPP Touring for $670 or the louder & less expensive $584 Corsa.

Finger on the trigger, but still undecided ...
Cost was a huge factor for me! So I went on CL and found a great deal on a barely used set of Borla Touring axlebacks. If you don't mind used there are deals to be had!
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98BlueGT View Post
Cost was a huge factor for me! So I went on CL and found a great deal on a barely used set of Borla Touring axlebacks. If you don't mind used there are deals to be had!
Yeah that's a good point, it can't hurt to always look online for deals before jumping into a $600-$700 investment.

In reality, to most... if not all FRPP owners, the cost was only a variable before purchase... apon installation, the cost factor goes out the window, quality is worth money IMO.

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLomeStang View Post
Yeah that's a good point, it can't hurt to always look online for deals before jumping into a $600-$700 investment.

In reality, to most... if not all FRPP owners, the cost was only a variable before purchase... apon installation, the cost factor goes out the window, quality is worth money IMO.

You are correct, sir.

I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshabanov View Post
Touring FRPP on youtube

Sounds like sport but there it is
For the record, that's from ickebins who posted it back in this thread.

He is the only one I know of who actually installed and recorded the FRPP Tourings on the 2011+ V6...

<cue dramatic conspiracy music>

Only to disappear and never post again...

<music escalates>

Ok. He did post a couple more times about MyColor. But that that doesn't work for drama.

Short version: On video, the FRPP Touring sound identical to the FRPP Sport...just quieter.

We just need someone who has actually heard both in person to confirm that.
Quote:

What to do: the quieter FRPP Touring for $670 or the louder & less expensive $584 Corsa
If you don't care about the difference in sound, the Corsa is the obvious choice. It's just that everyone wants the FRPP sound, but without the FRPP price.

Last edited by Nicht Gut; 02-08-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Typos, grammar...
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicht Gut View Post
... If you don't care about the difference in sound, the Corsa is the obvious choice. It's just that everyone wants the FRPP sound, but without the FRPP price.
Ain't that the truth!

I'm still undecided though, as I'd like to keep my car all Ford parts if I can.

For some reason, I just can't decide yet which way to go ...
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Corsa makes a good product, they were one of the systems I very seriously debated on before my purchase... and not for nothing it seems like far fewer people have them, giving you more "uniqueness" if you care about that sort of thing.

I still stand behind the FRPP Sports, which I think by now goes without saying, but if you really are in a financial bind (why would you be buying exhaust in the first place.... but that's a different story) than the $500+ Corsa is probably a rock solid kit to go with.

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLomeStang View Post
Corsa makes a good product, they were one of the systems I very seriously debated on before my purchase... and not for nothing it seems like far fewer people have them, giving you more "uniqueness" if you care about that sort of thing.

I still stand behind the FRPP Sports, which I think by now goes without saying, but if you really are in a financial bind (why would you be buying exhaust in the first place.... but that's a different story) than the $500+ Corsa is probably a rock solid kit to go with.
Not in a financial bind, just watching how I spend my $$.

When I was racing Stangs when I was younger, if a product didn't make the car go faster it wasn't going on my car.

But that was then ... LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page