v6 bbk headers,gears,tuner, opinions are needed!!!!!!! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

i like my headers but i dont know if i would like them with aftermarket axlebacks.

i have stock catback and 273's so it sounds very tame.

im sure gears or axlebacks would amplify sound tho.

2011 V6 Premium, auto,
BAMA tune, AIRAID cai, BBK X-pipe & LT'S from AM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

All the 2011+ Mustangs come with an LSD from the factory, to whoever said invest in getting an aftermarket LSD.. OP, I have the same car as you basically, slushbox w/2.73 gears but I have a Bama 91R tune. The tune alone makes an enormous difference and I highly recommend getting one, but these 2.73's are really starting to get on my nerves.. I almost took a trip over to Las Vegas Motor Speedway to see what numbers I could put down, but haven't had the time to. Since throwing on a CAI will only net me probably 2 horsepower, my next mod will definitely be some gears, prob 3.55's, oh and a driveshaft!

2011 Kona 3.7 Slushbox
-91R Bama Tune w/2.73's
-Airaid CAI
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres576 View Post
wow soo much to take in. Well since the driveshaft is crap they say, 4.10s safe enough?

If i had 6k to dump on it i would, but i think i rather would save those and put them down for a 5.0. Feels better to tell people yeah its a v8.

Yeah i got a 15% off AM off my entire order so me and some friends are saving up and gonna get stuff. a local shop charges me 600 for gears+labor+liquids. shelby motorsports charges me 850..soo yeah.

So lethal performance has the x pipe for 200 and says 14-16rwhp. if so thats pretty good! but which x or h pipe..both say the same thing.

i got the cai already. tuner will be ordered also. also looking at lower control arms.
If I recall correctly, 4.10's and the OEM driveshaft will not be too friendly with each other.

The procharger system will output more HP/TQ than a modded 5.0, and if you are sticking a lot of money into it, this is the best $$:HP mod you can get. If you budget is under $1k, gears and sticky rear tires are the best performance mod for launch power. However, I would be apprehensive about breaking your driveshaft with 4.10's.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

AJL
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
yea i listened to the headers with off xpipe and im like wow too loud..too raspy also..well if the other ones you mention give rwhp+tq. and not too loud. ill take that route. hmm 4.10s? hmm i do a lot of highway driving. i do around 50 mile roundtrip to work. soooo
Yeah 4.10 would take some time off, but not enough for me to get them or even change my gear ratio. Somewhere in the 3s ratio may be better if you do a lot of Interstate but I don't think there would be much loss on MPG.

2011 Mustang Convertible Kona Blue - FRPP Sport Axleback - Bama 93R - Blackout Panel - Tri-Bar Valve Caps - Airaid CAI - 4x JL Audio C2-570x - Alpine MRP-F300 Amp - Speaker Sound Dampening - 27% tint all around.

In the future: Kona Mirror Covers, Boss 302 Suede Steering Wheel, Possible Mono amp/Sub.
AJL
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLomeStang View Post
Yeah.. there's a good reason behind that... no one in their right mind would recommend 4.10's for a daily driver... NO ONE.

I wouldn't mind having them as well, but losing 4-5 MPG's is HUGE over the course of a month, a year, etc etc etc... Many high end performance vehicles don't come with gear ratios that high, there's a reason for it, unless it's a straight track/race car.
Though I wouldn't change my gear ratio, there are people like me that didn't buy a mustang for MPG, just for fun. But of course, it is up to the driver/owner.

2011 Mustang Convertible Kona Blue - FRPP Sport Axleback - Bama 93R - Blackout Panel - Tri-Bar Valve Caps - Airaid CAI - 4x JL Audio C2-570x - Alpine MRP-F300 Amp - Speaker Sound Dampening - 27% tint all around.

In the future: Kona Mirror Covers, Boss 302 Suede Steering Wheel, Possible Mono amp/Sub.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
Though I wouldn't change my gear ratio, there are people like me that didn't buy a mustang for MPG, just for fun. But of course, it is up to the driver/owner.
F the 4.10's!! I'm going with 4.56s!!! Now who's the baller!!!

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLomeStang View Post
F the 4.10's!! I'm going with 4.56s!!! Now who's the baller!!!
Bout time you got on board...to think I almost did go with 4.56s...

And about the driveshaft with 4.10s another poster moentioned - not every driveshaft explodes. Compared to how many 2011-2012 mustangs were produced and driven well over the limiter - very few have had failures. The problem is that they are catastrophic when they happen so it gets a lot of attention (and it should).

So chances are nothing will happen - even with 4.10s over 100mph. That's thing with chances, though...

I think he should get the driveshaft if he plans on driving over 100 with any set of gears over 3.31s. It's why I don't drive over 100 (I just like to get there quickly ).
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VipeRS View Post
If I recall correctly, 4.10's and the OEM driveshaft will not be too friendly with each other.

The procharger system will output more HP/TQ than a modded 5.0, and if you are sticking a lot of money into it, this is the best $$:HP mod you can get. If you budget is under $1k, gears and sticky rear tires are the best performance mod for launch power. However, I would be apprehensive about breaking your driveshaft with 4.10's.
I've pretty much beat the piss outta my 11 v6 and have had 0 issues with my oem drivshaft and 410 gears
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Well I'm getting 4.10's and driveshaft and tuner and lethal performance x pipe. So i hope I see mid 13's
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
If i get some slicks what size should I get. Just for the track tho. What rim size? And what size. Ima get them from American muscle.
Beast3.7

One of the reasons I went with 3.73s was because I felt I would still be able to use 1st gear. If you ever think you'll resell the car with the 4.10's installed, you might want to reconsider. Also, performance wise you might see diminished returns because 3.73s and 4.10s seem to get about the same 1/4 mile times. No one has broken 13s without FI that I know of.

Another good thing about the 3.73s is that you can still get 28mpg on the highway if you're careful. With 4.10s you're probably in the 24mpg range which defeats any advantage over buying a GT.
PONY Member

Quote:
Well I'm getting 4.10's and driveshaft and tuner and lethal performance x pipe. So i hope I see mid 13's
I'd think more like 12s not mid 13's with that set up.

2012 Lava Red Mustang Coupe V6 with stone interior
Auto,2.73,BAMA Tunes 93H,Axle Exchange Aluminum DS,Pypes M80 mufflers,Airaid CAI,
Shelby GT500 racing stripes, Side window louvers,Side scoops,Polk Audio MM571 speakers
Shelby GT500 Steering wheel, Maxxim Maze wheels (18 lbs), BBK Throttle Body, Stillen Chin Spoiler, 10" Amplified Bazooka Subwoofer, Illuminated Door Sills, GT500 rear diffuser, Roush Rocker Panel Splitters, Splash Guards, Continental Extreme DWS tires
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donfromnaples View Post
I'd think more like 12s not mid 13's with that set up.

Well elevation in Vegas kills so its hard to get low times. I want some mickey thomsons. What size?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page