Bad MPG's after tune and intake - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Bad MPG's after tune and intake

Like title says, cause I can't keep my foot off the gas hahaha. Man you guys weren't kidding when you said the car is reborn. Also want to thank American muscle for good customer service and great product. No complaints here.

2013 5.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012
GT Member

yeah man, I also noticed AMs race tune runs a lot more rich than stock, so that is going to bring down your MPG's as well. but more power!

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012
JeffOden

Enjoy safely! The sound of the intake, and all the extra power doesn't get old anytime soon. Trust me. Been working with Mike Wilson at AM on my shift points and pressures, just test ran a new tune a few minutes ago, AM's customer service is Great!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebomb View Post
Like title says, cause I can't keep my foot off the gas hahaha. Man you guys weren't kidding when you said the car is reborn. Also want to thank American muscle for good customer service and great product. No complaints here.
Remember when you first got the car? It felt like a rocket. Now that you've tuned the car, wait a month and then return to stock. It won't even feel like the same car you purchased. It will feel slow. Amazing what a tune can do.

American Muscle. They will work with you until you're happy.

I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Haha ya I'm enjoying my 91H probably won't go back ever. Just cruise when I need it

2013 5.0
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Haha ya I'm enjoying my 91H probably won't go back ever. Just cruise when I need it
93H Tune FTW!

Black 2011 V6 - Security Package - Spoiler Delete - 93 BAMA Hybrid Tune - JLT CAI - 3.73 FRPP Gears - Boss 302 Steering Wheel - Roush Shift Knob - FRPP Sport Exhaust - Axle Exchange Drive Shaft - J&M LCAs - BMR Front DS Loop - Eibach Pro-Kit - J&M Adjustable Panhard Bar - 19" Brembo GT Wheels
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012
Apprentice

Same thing happen to me after uploading the 91R tune. No matter how i drove, fast or slow, more pedal less pedal, didn't matter I still couldn't break 22mpg on my normal commute. I recently uploaded the 91P tune and to my great surprise, I now get a "stock like" 26-27mpg on the same commute, while only losing a tiny bit of performance overall.

2011 Kona 3.7 Slushbox
-91R Bama Tune w/2.73's
-Airaid CAI
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012
NC6
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

What CAI

Quote:
I was wondering what intake you installed?

2012 V6 Auto Premium SG w/3.31 +
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012
NC6
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

91H - 91P tune

Quote:
I don't have the tuner yet... Looks like the 91P performance tune is where I plan to start, but I see you are running 91H. What is the difference?

2012 V6 Auto Premium SG w/3.31 +
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page