When Is Ford Going To Step Up - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffOden View Post
No I just hate you JLome! So shut up! you and your stupid airaid, and frpps!!!
lol! See MCA, I back the guy up and yet, he still rips me a new one!

It's all love on the AFM Forums, some of us just show it differently, but I think it's ok to be jealous of an airaid/FRPP setup, so I guess I can't blame him!

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

JeffOden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2011 View Post
IIRC, the video in the thread you pointed me to has comments (if you go to youtube) which states the dyno hit 160. I could be confusing it with another video of a driveshaft failure, but I think I have them right.

I was not referring to your Canadian comments. I can laugh at Canadians and Americans equally. No smiley required

You didn't hurt my feelings, your just coming across as an arrogant ***** (of the finger, of course), IMO. YMMV
Right, but the one going a 160mph didn't get warranty work did he? I don't think he did, that would be wrong, and ford shouldn't have if they did. I was refering to at least 5 others, 1 of which ford totalled his car(the Canadian).
Glad you can laugh at some of my comments any way.
JLome, you are stupid, shut up.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Right, but the one going a 160mph didn't get warranty work did he? I don't think he did, that would be wrong, and ford shouldn't have if they did. I was refering to at least 5 others, 1 of which ford totalled his car(the Canadian).
Oh man......

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geardriven View Post
This is a pony car. If you think it's an economy car you should be looking at the Fiesta ,Focus or Fit.
Pony car, econmy car, muscle car, sports car, sporty pony car, economical mid-size car, whatever. It's a V6 whose selling points were power but also 31 MPG. Pretty economical, I'd say. Splitting hairs and it changes nothing.

I am very confident in what Ford has put together. I feel bad for those who have endured the short end of the stick, but I don't think Ford needs to recall our cars and change the driveshafts. Let them do something better with the future Mustangs. Until then, buy another driveshaft if it will give you peace of mind or get rid of your Mustang. Or...drive it like grandma, or just get out there drive the thing silly and hope nothing breaks. Those are the choices every one of us has. Either way, this thread is going nowhere.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

And that was the main point of my post too. These stock driveshafts are fine until you get any gearing higher than factory 3.31.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Perhaps I've overlooked it, but I've not seen anything from the OP indicating he's addressed his concerns with Ford. Venting this kind of topic on a forum doesn't do much more than provoke arguments at worst and create dead-end opinionated discussions at best. I say contact Ford to vent. At least then you'll get an answer as to whether they are willing to make a move on this or not. Otherwise, it's wasted cyberspace.
Beast3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
And that was the main point of my post too. These stock driveshafts are fine until you get any gearing higher than factory 3.31.

I'm still on my stock DS and have 3.73 gears. No issues so far, but I do plan to eventually upgrade my DS.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
I'm still on my stock DS and have 3.73 gears. No issues so far, but I do plan to eventually upgrade my DS.
Same here. But so far my baby's doing me right, so I'm not in a panic. I am concerned but it's not going to stop me from having fun, even if it means hitting 130 again.
JeffOden

Quote:
No I didn't read through it, but I did just skim it to try and find the 4 cases. I'm not going to take internet posts as anything more than anecdotal information, not a source of reliable info.

It looks like at least 2 of the 4 cases had non factory gearing. One has 3.73s, another had 3.55s. A third case (the one with the video) as I recall did hit 162 mph on the dyno. I was only able to identify 3 cases, and did not want to go page by page through the thread to locate the 4th, but I will guess there were extenuating circumstances there as well

It is unclear whether Ford was aware of the non factory gearing or running at speeds 150% of the factory limiter. I am assuming nothing about the integrity of the forum members. Maybe they gave Ford full disclosure, maybe they lied through their teeth. I have no idea.

As an aside, I'm not sure why you are so friggin nasty.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post

Quote:
So far I've found 4 in my search of the forums, where V6 owners had their busted Drive Shafts replaced under warranty. A 5th got his complete car replaced, because Ford totalled it. You would know this MCA if you actually read them. https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-broken-4.html
I know in your mind these are all lying forum members, who modded their cars and abused the C$&@ out of them. But this guy is Canadian, mild mannered, they run from confrontation, probably quit reading and ran from this thread after they heard me say "stupid", and did I mention he's from Canada:shiny:.
Plus when Ford TOTALED his car, and bought him a new $30,000 dollar mustang they didn't at least do a quick cursory check of his ECM to make sure he wasn't driving 160MPH or whatever that is in KPH in Canada? Same thing with all the DS's replaced under warranty...
OK, add one more to the DS replaced under warranty, because Ant Speeds was replaced by Ford. So 5 DSs, and 1 car totalled, for 6 all together(whhh used both hands for that). 5 of the 6 claimed here on the interwebz to be stock, without gears(even though as MCA pointed out they are probably liars), Ant Speed's was not stock and he drove his car like a rapped ape, but Ford was generous and replaced his. Or maybe he is the only honnest member on the forum, maybe. Then we have the Dyno's, tracks, and AM's car on top of those. Still to small of a sample for the thousands of cars ford has sold, but all within the first year of manufacture, which has elevated a new DS to the top of my mod list.
We now have 3 major companies making money selling DS's for our cars. Is ford ever going to do a recall, no, not unless more and more of these happen and it becomes an epidemic. But I think as time goes by we are going to see a lot more of these DS's explode. Maybe that is why the slower Obama motors Camaro, which has lost every comparrison test in every automotive review magazine is outselling the "better" Mustang. Maybe.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
OK, add one more to the DS replaced under warranty, because Ant Speeds was replaced by Ford. So 5 DSs, and 1 car totalled, for 6 all together(whhh used both hands for that). 5 of the 6 claimed here on the interwebz to be stock, without gears(even though as MCA pointed out they are probably liars), Ant Speed's was not stock and he drove his car like a rapped ape, but Ford was generous and replaced his. Or maybe he is the only honnest member on the forum, maybe. Then we have the Dyno's, tracks, and AM's car on top of those. Still to small of a sample for the thousands of cars ford has sold, but all within the first year of manufacture, which has elevated a new DS to the top of my mod list.
We now have 3 major companies making money selling DS's for our cars. Is ford ever going to do a recall, no, not unless more and more of these happen and it becomes an epidemic. But I think as time goes by we are going to see a lot more of these DS's explode. Maybe that is why the slower Obama motors Camaro, which has lost every comparrison test in every automotive review magazine is outselling the "better" Mustang. Maybe.
That's odd that you would say they are stock, Ant Speed and others in the thread you furnished showed 3.55 and 3.73 gears and you can stop speaking for me. If you are going to expect that I do my homework and read the thread that you read, then I suggest you should do something to improve your reading comprehension.

So we're up to 6 now. Is that 6 out of roughtly 60,000 cars in the 2011/12 model years? 1/100th of 1% I would say that is stellar QC.

And as soon as a failure occurs on a dyno, you've changed the physics of the drivetrain and all bets are off. Last time I checked the power produced by a car does not rotate the road underneath. I'm not suggesting dynos are inherently bad for cars, but the interaction between a car and a drum rotating under the car's torque are quite different.

Ford can do warranty work at their discretion, but that has nothing to do with whether the cars were abused by Vin Diesel or driven by your grandmother

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Ford can do warranty work at their discretion, but that has nothing to do with whether the cars were abused by Vin Diesel or driven by your grandmother
LOL! Sorry, I thought that was great! haha.

And from what I've heard, Vin Diesel is hung like a horse... so if the DS explodes in a Stang that he is driving, he better hope the floor boards aren't torn up, or his Schlonger might get tore up! (ok.. I went too far I guess... just trying to lighten the mood here).

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

JLome, That's just too much info...

Quarterhorse or "Pony" ?

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
PONY Member

Wow! This has turned into a long thread. I just got through reading it and there have been many good comments, both pro and con. This in itself shows me that there is a problem with the drive shafts.

Just my 2 cents, but Ford did cut a few corners to cheapen the V6 stangs that maybe should not have been done. The driveshaft and the manual Chinese transmissions happen to come to mind.
The cost of improving these 2 items alone would be very little and would go a long way to making a better car.

Fortunately, these are still really good cars. I plan on keeping mine.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
JLome, That's just too much info...
Quarterhorse or "Pony" ?
Clydesdale my friend, Clydesdale.... hahaha

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLomeStang View Post
Clydesdale my friend, Clydesdale.... hahaha
Okay, you're scaring me...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page