When Is Ford Going To Step Up - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

lol..... why are so many threads going to hell these days? Oh well, I'll step back from this one and just enjoy the read, or try to anyway.

Have fun...

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

If you ram into a tree when common sense tells you to avoid trees, should Ford be responsible for removing trees?

2012 V6 M6 Performance Package
go.to/vum
Banned

why are so many threads going to hell these days?

Yeah, my thoughts too. Clearly people are not getting out into fresh air and VHT and acrid tire smoke at the strip, as they should be doing for best mental health. Me included.

As a stopgap, anything we can do to keep you posting, orbhot, we should do, just so I can see your avatar. And your posts are funny, too!

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber2012 View Post
why are so many threads going to hell these days?

Yeah, my thoughts too. Clearly people are not getting out into fresh air and VHT and acrid tire smoke at the strip, as they should be doing for best mental health. Me included.

As a stopgap, anything we can do to keep you posting, orbhot, we should do, just so I can see your avatar. And your posts are funny, too!
Agreed, my eyes seem to go right to his avatar without effort... not that I'm complaining

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
post #110 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

another one bites the dust

2011 V6 wife's car 3.31's
2012 GT 3.73's
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geardriven View Post
Is Ford going to investigate or do anything about the V6 driveshaft failures?

They sell the performance upgrades Ford Racing 3.73/4.10 and so on that's increasing the driveshat RPM and causing the failure.
Are people going to stop tuning, raising rev limits and removing speed limiters ?

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
PONY Member

So much hatred here.

Maybe we all need to sit under a tree, toke a little, play some drums, and discuss the meaning of life.

2012 Kona Blue 3.7, M6, 101A, security package, built 5/3/11.
Mods: The list is long, like WRXified's winky used to be.

Other junk: 1994 Z28 conv LT1 A4 - 1965 Custom 2dr 390 M4 - 1962 Galaxie 4dr 427 A3 - 1979 Firebird Formula EV (work in progress) - 1967 Austin Healy Sprite (basket case)
post #113 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
Are people going to stop tuning, raising rev limits and removing speed limiters ?
It shouldn't concern me if they don't.It's not my driveshaft that's going to fail eh.

2011 V6 wife's car 3.31's
2012 GT 3.73's
PONY Member

I would think that the DS should be up to the job as long as you keep the power somewhere close to stock. Things break and are made with flaws for that matter, but does anyone know what the real percentage of failure is? If they do I haven't read it.
If your going to put 5 or 6 hundred hp down that shaft you mite want to look at it, otherwise I personally expect it to do what Ford built it to do.
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyrusty436 View Post
I would think that the DS should be up to the job as long as you keep the power somewhere close to stock. Things break and are made with flaws for that matter, but does anyone know what the real percentage of failure is? If they do I haven't read it.
If your going to put 5 or 6 hundred hp down that shaft you mite want to look at it, otherwise I personally expect it to do what Ford built it to do.
Well said. Have to write more to get 15 characters.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
eclypse3demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by geardriven View Post
But Ford Racing is offering the gears to exceed the driveshafts rpm's limits.All I ask is for Ford to be logical about this.They do offer a racing division right?I don't want any of my fellow Mustang enthuist to be injured.There's no amount of money that can justify a humans life.I've lost a few friends to racing both cars and motorcycles.
No ford is not, it only just happens that we have the same 8.8" differentials in our cars those gears are not targeted at just us V6 two piece drive shaft owners. The fact is it just happens we have interchangeable gears as its cost effective to not alter all the models to extremely. Its been posted many times and anyone who has been racing cars for a while knows you take a bone stock vehicle as soon as you start the upgrades you better make sure everything is supported.

Larger pistons, more fuel etc better make sure your internals are forged and you have the cooling for it, race gears, stall converters or other tranny upgrades you better make sure your suspension, DS, engine mounts etc are up to snuff.

I have yet to read anyone posting their DS exploded going to buy milk =)
JeffOden

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclypse3demons View Post
I have yet to read anyone posting their DS exploded going to buy milk =)
Then you haven't done much reading at all. 5 bone stock mustangs cruising at normal speeds, all replaced under warranty. Plus all the nonstock racing and dyno cases. If you figure less than 1% of owners are forum members, these things fail way more than they should. You'd expect those kinds of failures 5-10 years down the road, not on an almost new cars.
GT Member

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
JeffOden

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_boy View Post
I know Mammy wouldn't approve... I'll be nicer if people will be smarter. lol
eclypse3demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffOden View Post
Then you haven't done much reading at all. 5 bone stock mustangs cruising at normal speeds, all replaced under warranty. Plus all the nonstock racing and dyno cases. If you figure less than 1% of owners are forum members, these things fail way more than they should. You'd expect those kinds of failures 5-10 years down the road, not on an almost new cars.
Sorry not buying it, videos of these bone stock never abused mustangs cruising at normal speed or it didn't happen. Even if you gauge it by youtube videos I am expecting to see more than 4 to 5 videos for this wide spread epidemic.

And non stock racing and dyno cases do not count if they routinely go above the rev limit.

Sorry man I have to believe what I have read, and watched and I searched this forum already and few others and I am not seeing anymore failures with these DS on "non abused" cars than I am blown window regulators.

I think my point still stands, you mod your car you better shore up all the supporting components. For the very few who have had failures well below rated specs (if that is true) that sucks but I know 7 guys personally that have GTs, and V6 in my group and out of all of our cars are driven hard and nothing stock shafts.

Don't not get me wrong I am sure there are failures that are quite that just plain bad parts, but for the most part even if you watch the videos none of these people are taking sunday drives to the church. show me a vid that shows a failure at 30MPH and maybe I will change my mind. :nogrinner And I am all for getting ford to put a beefier DS in, personally I think that should never be a weak component to begin with IMO our DS's should support the max our cars can go and a little overhead stock, so in that respects I am in agreement with most posters. Just not agreeing that anyone who has done any mods or murders the road every time they drive should expect much out of the vanilla DS.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page