View Poll Results: Cold Air Intake Choice
Airaid CAI 47 83.93%
C&L CAI 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I also installed an Airaid 2 weeks ago and I agree with absolutely everything said in the previous post

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Airaid is going to win in this poll hands down, no questions asked... especially when compared to C&L out of all other choices..... I say this because 1. This poll has already been done before, 2. It's a thread that needs to stop getting posted (I know your new, so it's ok), and because Airaid has become the most commonly purchased CAI offered (at least in sales volumes).

Your going to see nearly identical results with all of these after market CAI's, so just pick one and be done with it. I went airaid for fit and somewhat of a stock look, and I haven't turned back since.

Also regarding the post asking about AEM and BBK.... I've heard good things about AEM, but BBK will probably lose in every poll, for every product they make, I personally don't know much about them so that opinion is NOT mine, but they don't have the greatest reputation around here for whatever reason.

I need to get bumped to mod status so I can merge all CAI threads together... I wasn't sure if I should laugh, or get annoyed when I saw this thread... lol.

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
PONY Member

Roush offers the Airaid CAI under their branding.....Plum

GT Member

Just pick a CAI.

Done.

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black
JeffOden

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Just pick a CAI.

Done.
^^^ Yeah, what he said...
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
Don't forget JLT.
I was going to say that... Read the other thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPerales View Post
What about a CAI that gives it a nice whistle when accelerating but not to the point where its an annoying sound?
If you really want a whistle noise, get a throttle body spacer, but I wouldn't recommend it for performance, just sound.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 View Post
I was going to say that... Read the other thread.

If you really want a whistle noise, get a throttle body spacer, but I wouldn't recommend it for performance, just sound.
yeah that's probably true... and the "whistle" sound some of us refer to with an aftermarket CAI is generally a VERY brief, rather quite "WISP" immediately heard when you touch the pedal... it's the suction of air flying through the larger than stock air intake area... I definitely wouldn't buy a CAI just for the "whistle" but more for the performance and ROAR it delivers... the ROAR I'm referring to is the deeper, bassier tone it delivers when in the higher RMP range, generally around 3,800+.

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

What about the steeda CAI? its so expensive compared to the others. Is it worth it?

Black Stang, Saddle leather seats, Premium Package

Mods: Airaid CAI, Bama 93P, Borla ATAK AB,

Looks: 20% Tints and 5% Tints on the back, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Smoked Taillight Covers
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPerales View Post
What about the steeda CAI? its so expensive compared to the others. Is it worth it?
Lol, here we go again!

The Steeda is currently one of the only (if not the only) TUNE REQUIRED exhaust for the 2011+ V6 Stang. Supposedly it DOES output hire numbers than the other systems... but whether or not it is "worth it" is entirely up to you.

Being that there have been a few hundred conversations about "being able to tune back to stock to avoid warranty issues" I'd be hesitant about riding with an intake that "requires a tune."

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

NO!!! JLT! JLT! Okay...Airaid. Nah...any one...seriously... But not BBK... (maybe)...

Any clearer, now?

Honestly, the Airaid produces very respectable numbers and is arguably the very best looking one out there. You can't go wrong. Strange coming from a JLT guy, huh?
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post
NO!!! JLT! JLT! Okay...Airaid. Nah...any one...seriously... But not BBK... (maybe)...

Any clearer, now?

Honestly, the Airaid produces very respectable numbers and is arguably the very best looking one out there. You can't go wrong. Strange coming from a JLT guy, huh?
I disagree, I think the CF JLT is the best looking one on the market (strange coming from and Airaid guy, huh?)

LOL!, do you think we are making this any easier, or harder for him? hahah.

post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

well that takes the Steeda CAI out of the question haha, and I was ready to buy the Airaid CAI yesterday but then became a member of this website and decided on asking some questions before making the decision :p My stand is in the shop for now anyways, some dumb*** crashed into me a week ago, i just want to have the CAI ready to install by the time my baby back haha.

Black Stang, Saddle leather seats, Premium Package

Mods: Airaid CAI, Bama 93P, Borla ATAK AB,

Looks: 20% Tints and 5% Tints on the back, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Smoked Taillight Covers
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post

Any clearer, now?
The last one I saw from BBK looked almost just like the Airaid. If & when that goes back on sale, I'd jump all over it. It was < $200. A figure that is probably more in line with what they should be.

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6STANG View Post
Brlliant
now that is the kind of info we need, luv it!
got ant more trinkets of wisdom? :laughlitt
I have had the Steeda CAI on my car since the first month i bought it. (April '11) I love it. I run Steeda's 93 octane tune. I purchased the Bama tunes for life, and I'm not bashing Bama by any means. But Bama tunes with the Steeda CAI didn't feel as strong through the torque band as the Steeda tune that comes with the CAI. Bama has worked with me to try to get a tune that I liked and I do like their 93R tune. But, all in all, the Steeda tune seems stronger to me. That is only my opinion, and like I said, I am not trying to bash Bama.
Hope this helps.

I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLomeStang View Post
I disagree, I think the CF JLT is the best looking one on the market (strange coming from and Airaid guy, huh?)

LOL!, do you think we are making this any easier, or harder for him? hahah.
The CF is the version I have. As far as I know they're just plastic now? I actually like the look better than the Airaid (that's why I bought it), though the Airaid has a much cleaner factory look. JTL looks like a mod, the Airaid really does not. It just looks burly!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airaid , c&l , cai , cold air intake , mustang v6 2012

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page