View Poll Results: Cold Air Intake Choice
Airaid CAI 47 83.93%
C&L CAI 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

JTL is showing out of stock at American Muscle.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 View Post
JTL is showing out of stock at American Muscle.
Rick, are you referring to the Carbon Fiber JLT? If I'm not mistaken production is on hold as their CF supplier had some sort of issue, I believe they are currently trying to find a new CF supplier and until then only the plastic version is available.

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLomeStang View Post
Rick, are you referring to the Carbon Fiber JLT? If I'm not mistaken production is on hold as their CF supplier had some sort of issue, I believe they are currently trying to find a new CF supplier and until then only the plastic version is available.
Nope. The regular plastic one. The nicer one, in my opinion, lol.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)

JeffOden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPerales View Post
What about the steeda CAI? its so expensive compared to the others. Is it worth it?
OK J.P. I'll be nice and try to answer your question. I noticed everyone ignored it and went on with their conversations, because this CAI subject has been beat to death on this forum. TJ from Steeda was on the 2011+ section the other day, and he posted this: Why Steeda Cold Air Intakes Blow Away The ‘Competition’ « Steeda Blog
It is the better of the CAI's I believe, but only by the smallest of margins. Most of us don't want to spend that much more for the tiniest of improvements. If you get one, buy it from the Steeda website, way cheaper than any middle man.
Now please buy the Airaid, JLT, or Steeda(alphabetical order) and maybe we can be done with this once and for all. Maybe.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffOden View Post
OK J.P. I'll be nice and try to answer your question. I noticed everyone ignored it and went on with their conversations, because this CAI subject has been beat to death on this forum. TJ from Steeda was on the 2011+ section the other day, and he posted this: Why Steeda Cold Air Intakes Blow Away The ‘Competition’ « Steeda Blog
It is the better of the CAI's I believe, but only by the smallest of margins. Most of us don't want to spend that much more for the tiniest of improvements. If you get one, buy it from the Steeda website, way cheaper than any middle man.
Now please buy the Airaid, JLT, or Steeda(alphabetical order) and maybe we can be done with this once and for all. Maybe.
Hey, not EVERYONE ignored it lol, my first response was in regards to the Steeda CAI.

Current - 2013 Charger R/T Plus - 5.7L Hemi | Heated/Ventilated Seats | Heated/Cooled Cup Holders | 8.9 Inch Touch Screen | Electronic Adjustable Pedals | Full Memory Control Push Button EKF | Debating Exhaust.

Past - 2011 Mustang 3.7, Kona Blue, 6MT - | FRPP Sport Exhaust | Airaid CAI | OEM Black Leather | Boss302 Steering Wheel | Stack Racing Chrome Tower Brace | GrabberPony Custom Shift Knob | Rear Black Out Panel | Auto Headlights | 15% Tint All Around |
JeffOden

Quote:
Hey, not EVERYONE ignored it lol, my first response was in regards to the Steeda CAI.
Don't make me go off on you JLome, if you get my agent orange acting up again then you know I will!!!
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffOden View Post
Don't make me go off on you JLome, if you get my agent orange acting up again then you know I will!!!
I'm sure you'd love to "get off on me" but unfortunately for you, I don't swing that way.

If you do a quick search for JLT CAI, you'll probably find some who do though...

Oh boy, here we go! haha.

post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well thank you Jeff, but i don't think I wanna pay so much extra for so little improvement. And btw i already went with the Airaid I'm sure it won't disappoint along with the bama tune and the Borla Atak

Black Stang, Saddle leather seats, Premium Package

Mods: Airaid CAI, Bama 93P, Borla ATAK AB,

Looks: 20% Tints and 5% Tints on the back, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Smoked Taillight Covers
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I'm sure you'd love to "get off on me" but unfortunately for you, I don't swing that way.
Kind of adds new meaning to the old Deep South children's song:

"...Man over yonder with a 'sack' on his back, honey..."
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post
Kind of adds new meaning to the old Deep South children's song:

"...Man over yonder with a 'sack' on his back, honey..."
lol, definitely not a song I'm familiar with..

replica

Here's a review I posted in another thread, but it died.

I guess I can try and add some sort of informative post.

I bought an Airaid recently. I've been repeating the words "Airaid" in my head over and over, trying to decide if it's "Air Raid" or "Air Aid." Oh marketing, you're so clever. Though, Air Aid makes me think of an air freshener you spray after dropping a fatty. It blows my mind, sort of like Petsmart; is it Pets Mart or Pet Smart?

Anyway, it comes well packaged; fancy box, bubble wrap, decent instructions with pictures and stickers of the very poorly designed "Airaid" (or Air Aid) sticker of their logo. All of the parts are pretty good quality. The tubing is pretty heavy and very thick. All bolts and clamps are pretty nice. The filter seemed high quality as well. The molded air box, they call it a CAB, is pretty neat. It just barely clears everything it needs to in the engine bay. It's a SNUG fit, but once it's in there, perfection. No rattles, no BS. Fitting the intake tube is not terribly pleasant or easy. The weird hose coupling between the intake tube and throttle body allows you to push and pull the intake tube to line up with the intake box (CAB) opening. With some swearing, and loosening of bolts, it lines up.

Driving; it makes fun noises. In casual driving where we spend most of our time at 1/4 throttle or less, it's not terribly noticible. Full throttle in lower RPM's makes a nice World War II fighter plane burbling noise, making all Germans within earshot paranoid. Full throttle past 4,000 RPM? Prepare for noise! AIR AID...er....AIR RAID...uhhh...AIRAID noise!

Value? I found mine for $229 shipped from Autoplicity. With the $50 rebate, that comes to $179. I think it's a fair value at that price.

An update after a few weeks of Airaid ownership. There actually is a power difference. The mild incline on 405 used to make my car lose speed at 60 mph, with the pedal to the floor. Now, it actually maintains or gains speed in similar conditions. The car just feels smoother in the 1,500-4,000 range. Added torque is a good guess. I quite like it. Though at high RPM's it sounds like a D16Z6 (a Honda motor).
Rookie

If anyone is interested I am going to sell my Roush CAI which is the same as the Airaid. PM me for details if interested. Phil
GT Member

Lol, why is this even a thread i wonder.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
PONY Member

The K&N Typhoon..

2016 Ford Mustang GT MT82, Shadow Black over Ebony, and Black Accent Package.

To-do Mods: All of them
Banned

Breaking news from spring 2012 !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airaid , c&l , cai , cold air intake , mustang v6 2012

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page