View Poll Results: Cold Air Intake Choice
Airaid CAI 47 83.93%
C&L CAI 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Cold Air Intakes, C&L vs Airaid

So I got my 2012 mustang v6 all stock and i was planning on putting the borla atak catback, but i also intend to add and aftermarket CAI, i just can't decide wether to go with the Airaid or the C&L. Suggestions anyone.

Black Stang, Saddle leather seats, Premium Package

Mods: Airaid CAI, Bama 93P, Borla ATAK AB,

Looks: 20% Tints and 5% Tints on the back, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Smoked Taillight Covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012
Beast3.7

Don't forget JLT.

post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Steeda CAI w/tune.

I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012
JeffOden

Suggestion is yes, definetly get a CAI.
Also use the search engine, this question has been killed, over and over again. Enjoy your new mustang bro, the CAI will really make it howl.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012
Beast3.7

I almost voted C&L to ensure my car has less competition lol.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
BBK and AEM? I thought they are even better...
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012
PONY Member

Well.

I say C&L because that's what I put on mine, way back when... I've not had any problems with it at all. That might be because I ordered a tuner at the same time, and had it programmed to account for the differences.

Granted, it's a 2006 GT, but there's bound to be some similarities, right?

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012
MACH I Member

Doesn't matter much, except for the Steeda, they're all no tune required and produce about the same power. Pick the one you like best.

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012
PONY Member

Spoke with BAMA tuners and they said no CAI needs tuning but the steeda. That said, they said Steeda is more gain but minimal. But I will tell you, a CAI on this 6 is a must. The sound is so much better. Don't forget the tune. It rocks.

post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I was thinking on ordering it right now, but since they all seem to have just about the same power gains, which one sounds the best?

Looks: 20% Tints and 5% Tints on the back, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Smoked Taillight Covers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txdotjim View Post
Steeda CAI w/tune.
Brlliant
now that is the kind of info we need, luv it!
got ant more trinkets of wisdom? :laughlitt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPerales View Post
I was thinking on ordering it right now, but since they all seem to have just about the same power gains, which one sounds the best?
Think about the JLT if you want the best sound. The carbon fiber / fiberglass gives a deeper tone
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
C&L has the best website when it comes to explanations on the technical stuff... which got it my vote. NO regrets. Then get a tune

C&L Mustang CAI and SF3 Tuner (2011-2012 V6) at AmericanMuscle KIT||38018||3015||98423||117-11P - Free Shipping!

C&L Air Intake System for the 2011 Mustang

2011 V6 Prem Conv (black) | saddle Leather | Eibach springs | |SHR Fuel Door |CPC GPS Antennae Cover | C&L CAI | BAMA 91R tune | 3.73 gears | Steeda u/l ca | Roush: full front fascia w/fog-lamps |7-bar upper grille | lower grille | front + side splitters | 20” wheels/CooperZeon RS3 | Misc interior mods| 35% tint
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

What about a CAI that gives it a nice whistle when accelerating but not to the point where its an annoying sound?

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Your going to get a lot of suggestions. I haven't tried multiple ones on my car. I just put on the Airaid 2 weeks ago, and i'm not going to take it off to try another brand. Especially, because it was such a tight fit to put on the car.

Seriously, though you can twinkle around research and get a million answers. Just pick the one you like sound wise and cosmetically, because they are about the same gains.

Airaid, I find has more of a deep air suction noise when you initially gas it (not really a whistle). I can't hear it from inside the cabin when i'm driving though (maybe other drivers can). I can hear it when i'm outside the vehicle and my friend hits the gas or if my window is down and I rev. Otherwise, its just burble/growl at 2500 rpm's and higher. I notice it a lot more in 2-4 gears.

Airaid has great quality feel to their CAI. When you put it on, you know it's a solid product. It's a tight fit, and you know nothing is lose or moving around.

I was going to buy BBK, just because it had some blue on it. But when I went into my shop they had the Airaid in stock and I said f*ck it. It's been awesome though! 93 Hybrid Tune has been working amazing from BAMA too...goodluck my pick is Airaid

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airaid , c&l , cai , cold air intake , mustang v6 2012

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in