Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #436 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Times Updated. :yelpleased:

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post
Times Updated. :yelpleased:
Thank you sir..

Now I need to set about moving myself up the list a bit further...

Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil87GN View Post
Went to Gainesville today, despite it being windy as crap and COLD. The cold made for some basement DA though....and the car liked it. Next mod will be tightening up the loose nut behind the wheel....haven't been to the track with a manual trans car in a loonngg time.

Car is a DIB 2013 Performance Pack w/3.31 gears...stock suspension, factory 255/40's on Track Pack wheels.

Performance Mods: DSS alum d/s, AirRaid CAI, Dynomax catback, custom dyno tune by Tony G @ Tuner's Inc.
Transmission:6MT
R/T......... .218
60'.......... 1.997
330'......... 5.697
660'......... 8.751
660í mph.. 81.24
1000'...... 11.332
1320'...... 13.500
1320í mph.. 103.44
Name of the track: Auto-Plus Raceway at Gainesville
Date of pass: 03 Mar 2013/12:24pm
Weather conditions: Temp:55F Humidity 27% Barometer 30.1 in
DA at the time of the pass was -133 according to Dragtimes DA Calc

Next best pass was a 13.63 @ 103.86. Instead of shifting to 4th right before the traps, I ran it to the limiter in 3rd, which came in right before hitting the traps. Besides the driver mod, I need a set of 3.73s and some traction so I can hammer the car off the line a bit harder.

Two of our local V6 cars ran some stellar times today as well...one of which is a factory freak. That car went 13.26 @ 107 with the same mods as me + 3.73's & drag radials. The car hauls ass for no more mods than it has. I don't know if she's a member on here, but I'll check and see if I can get her over here. She's got a bad little V6 for sure.
Nice runs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2004gt View Post
I was also at the track yesterday in Gainesville and ran my new best time. Tony G @ Tuners Inc wrote one hell of a file for my car a few weeks back and I wasn't reallt able to test it until yesterday. My previous best was 13.51 @ 102 and now it's 13.38 @ 104. My car was #25.

Nice runs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
That's a great time man. It's nice to see an auto can do that well. What's the NA auto record right now? Just a few hundreths over 13 right? The one I'm thinking of was grey and had in the neighborhood of a 3500 stall iirc.

Also, maybe a list to show who has the fastest tune in a category, lol. Like NA manual, NA auto, FI manual....etc. Maybe the tuners would get into the competition...until things blow up.
The car you are talking about used to belong to Jon Lund II and it did have a Circle D stall and 4.10 gears.

He and his dad are working on some fine 'tweaks' to my tune right now. I just sent them a few datalogs about an hour ago. I'm anxious to get back to the track. We have been cancelled the past two weekends due to cold temperatures and now they are calling for a big snow storm this Wednesday.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2004gt View Post
As far as the timesheet goes, I have the fastest N/A Auto v6. I'm shooting for 12's all motor. I'm looking into headers and lighter wheels. That should get me what i'm looking for.

-J
Actually, the fastest is this car - 2011 V6 Mustang [email protected] - YouTube

Lund Racing no longer owns it but I believe it still holds the fastest NA 2011+ V6 Auto record. 13.021 at 103.35 mph. It was holding the fastest 2011+ V6 NA record, but z28th1s beat that out last year sometime. I will need to find a time slip, right now all I have is a video that's been posted on youtube since Nov 2010.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I was talking about according to the spreadsheet that was made on this site. According to it, I have the fastest auto v6. I know about Lunds old car and have seen the videos on YouTube.

-J

2011 Grabber Blue v6 Auto FRPP 3.73
13.38 @ 104mph @ Gainesville Raceway 03/02/13
20" staggered Black Ruff Racing R281 wheels, H&R Super Sport Springs, Maximum Motorsport Caster/Camber Plates, 8000K H.I.D., BMR LCA's, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, Airaid CAI, Tuners Inc tune, BBK 73mm TB, MMR Rear Seat Delete, CDC Rear Decklid Panel with tribar emlem, Performance Pack Engine Cover, GT front bumper, Saleen Grille, FRPP Sports, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Kenwood DVD player, Metra Kit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jundii View Post

Lund Racing no longer owns it but I believe it still holds the fastest NA 2011+ V6 Auto record. 13.021 at 103.35 mph. It was holding the fastest 2011+ V6 NA record, but z28th1s beat that out last year sometime. I will need to find a time slip, right now all I have is a video that's been posted on youtube since Nov 2010.
Yes, that's the vid I remember.

I'd love to make a new auto record NA. Getting the headers, DS, loop, gears by April. Stall by Oct.

I can't go 4.10's though. I'm going 3.55's and trapping top of 3rd (locked up). It's the best I can do street/strip driver. I've spoken to Chris at Circle D and he educated me on a couple of things. I'm thinking around 3.5K stall...again, that may be a compromise too.
post #442 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:

I guess with enough digging I theoretically could gather enough info to put Lunds car on the list. But I dont think that would be right.

Consequently, there is another V6 auto that is floating around on youtube that is somewhere in the 12.7's if i remember correctly. Both Z28ths and myself have "spoken" to him via the comments section on youtube. Until he comes here and makes a couple posts, he will NEVER make this list as far as I'm concerned.

Too many details and variables to sort out without hearing it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. To be blunt, I'm still not 100% sold on StangPR's current time, but he followed the criteria, so what can I do?

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Rookie

Quote:
I guess with enough digging I theoretically could gather enough info to put Lunds car on the list. But I dont think that would be right.

Consequently, there is another V6 auto that is floating around on youtube that is somewhere in the 12.7's if i remember correctly. Both Z28ths and myself have "spoken" to him via the comments section on youtube. Until he comes here and makes a couple posts, he will NEVER make this list as far as I'm concerned.

Too many details and variables to sort out without hearing it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. To be blunt, I'm still not 100% sold on StangPR's current time, but he followed the criteria, so what can I do?
Well, I am the driver of the Lund Racing V6 I'm Jon Lund Jr...Z28th can attest to this as we have spoken on the phone. I will honestly have to look for the timeslip, but seeing as it is over 2 years old I am not sure where it is at this point. Jon Sr. may have it somewhere. I have another video if it running a 13.03. And one before the converter running a 13.17.

It had 4.10 gears, Circle D 3500 Stall converter, Aluminum Driveshaft, QA1 adjustable rear shocks, CAI (may have been a C&L or an Airaid, I can't remember), 19" RTR rims with street tires (NO DRs).

I understand if you need more credible info, not a problem at all. I will try to look for the timeslip when I have some time.
post #444 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Well, I am the driver of the Lund Racing V6 I'm Jon Lund Jr...Z28th can attest to this as we have spoken on the phone. I will honestly have to look for the timeslip, but seeing as it is over 2 years old I am not sure where it is at this point. Jon Sr. may have it somewhere. I have another video if it running a 13.03. And one before the converter running a 13.17.

It had 4.10 gears, Circle D 3500 Stall converter, Aluminum Driveshaft, QA1 adjustable rear shocks, CAI (may have been a C&L or an Airaid, I can't remember), 19" RTR rims with street tires (NO DRs).

I understand if you need more credible info, not a problem at all. I will try to look for the timeslip when I have some time.
Well welcome to the board sir. Good to have you.

The lund car, well your car, was never in question. Us auto guys always looked at it as our benchmark. It was never added to the list because basically, the list is for forum members. But since you have indeed joined and posted, we'll see about getting that run up there.

To be honest, i've been wanting a race tune from you guys for quite some time, but I'm nowhere near bolted on as your car was.

***EDIT***
The auto v6 in question is from youtube username "smokinstanley92". The video is titled, "Fastest NA 3.7 Mustang Part 1"

in this video Mr.Smokinstanley claims 12.77 all motor

Rookie

Quote:
Well welcome to the board sir. Good to have you.

The lund car, well your car, was never in question. Us auto guys always looked at it as our benchmark. It was never added to the list because basically, the list is for forum members. But since you have indeed joined and posted, we'll see about getting that run up there.

To be honest, i've been wanting a race tune from you guys for quite some time, but I'm nowhere near bolted on as your car was.
Thank you. I really just joined to help support and answer some questions in another thread. I probably won't be on much, but decided to check out this thread and figured I'd toss in my contribution No worries if it can be added to the list, I understand there are guidelines.
post #446 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Thank you. I really just joined to help support and answer some questions in another thread. I probably won't be on much, but decided to check out this thread and figured I'd toss in my contribution No worries if it can be added to the list, I understand there are guidelines.
I can't post youtube links here from work, could you look at the info in the **EDIT** I posted above and maybe ascertain its validity from your experience? No rush. But just so you know, this was why I am apprehensive about just adding cars to the list.

Again, using YOUR car as a benchmark, there is just no way I was believing this auto car ran these times with just about half the mods you ran with. and 3-4/10 faster to BOOT!!

Rookie

Quote:
I can't post youtube links here from work, could you look at the info in the **EDIT** I posted above and maybe ascertain its validity from your experience? No rush. But just so you know, this was why I am apprehensive about just adding cars to the list.

Again, using YOUR car as a benchmark, there is just no way I was believing this auto car ran these times with just about half the mods you ran with. and 3-4/10 faster to BOOT!!

Not with that 60 foot is he running 12.7s. Makes no sense unless he's juicing up top. I'd have to see more videos because his has horrible quality. Very peculiar.

On 3.73s and drag radials he should at least be cutting 1.8s. Something is off there.
Rookie

Quote:
Not with that 60 foot is he running 12.7s. Makes no sense unless he's juicing up top. I'd have to see more videos because his has horrible quality. Very peculiar.

On 3.73s and drag radials he should at least be cutting 1.8s. Something is off there.
Here is another video of it running a 12.88. More plausible.

MIR 1 - YouTube

Video is better.
PONY Member

Last edited by cal_gecko; 03-23-2016 at 02:25 AM.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_gecko View Post
I went to the track and raced for the first time ever today!!! Had such a great time... here's my best:
Car: 2012 Premium V6 Performance Package MCA (3.31 rear gears)
Performance Mods:Airaid CAI, J&M rear lower control arms, SR Performance Springs
Transmission: M6
R/T.......... .335
60'............. 2.185
330'........... 5.936
660'........... 9.028
660’ mph... 80.000
1000'.......... 11.625
1320'.......... 13.812
1320’ mph… 102.653
Name of the track: Sacramento Raceway Park
Date of pass: 3/9/13
Weather conditions: Density Altitude: 348 feet

Actual altitude: 30 ft above sea level
Temperature at time of run (1:50pm): 68 degrees
Barometric Pressure: 30.23
Humidity: 25%
Corrected ET/Speed: 13.791 @102.753 mph

Here's my timeslip

Great times. And making me feel like I have a freak stock 2.73 as I'm only a tenth and less than one mph away from you in the 1/8 (all I have available to me locally). Very good first outing Cal. Can't wait until I get these BMR lca's on. Later this year...3.55s and a tuner.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page