2011-2014 V6 1/4 mile list. - Page 33 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28th1s View Post
Nice run!!

Reaction time has nothing to do with you ET!
Seriously? I thought the click started on green...no? So the clock starts when you break out of the yellow ready light beam then? Learn something every day

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post
How have you been launching? And what has your tire psi been?
I pretty much do a short burn out, anything too long makes these stock tires oil'y and actually more slick. I hold revs at just a touch over 1600 then just dump the break and punch the gas on the third yellow. I have a trick or two that seems to work well for the auto that I will share with you out at the track... I should be out there. Got the drive shaft on today, I will test it out and get my pan hard on tomorrow.

Best tire pressure varies from car to car and tire to tire. My best PSI won't be your best PSI. I would say start at 25psi at most then you can go from there... What is your "recommended" pressure? Also look on the tire for a max and a minimum pressure.

BTW: speed world Orlando requires a DOT helmut for any driver in a car going faster than 13.490

There not really enforcing it yet but they will be soon. People were borrowing each others last Wednesday so don't stress it, I'm going to borrow a friends so if they try to shut u down you can wear that.

post #483 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelTX View Post
I pretty much do a short burn out, anything too long makes these stock tires oil'y and actually more slick. I hold revs at just a touch over 1600 then just dump the break and punch the gas on the third yellow. I have a trick or two that seems to work well for the auto that I will share with you out at the track... I should be out there. Got the drive shaft on today, I will test it out and get my pan hard on tomorrow.

Best tire pressure varies from car to car and tire to tire. My best PSI won't be your best PSI. I would say start at 25psi at most then you can go from there... What is your "recommended" pressure? Also look on the tire for a max and a minimum pressure.

BTW: speed world Orlando requires a DOT helmut for any driver in a car going faster than 13.490

There not really enforcing it yet but they will be soon. People were borrowing each others last Wednesday so don't stress it, I'm going to borrow a friends so if they try to shut u down you can wear that.

sounds good. see you tomorrow. Track opens at 6 right? How many runs are you able to get in? last time i was there, I got in like 3 runs in 4 hrs.

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected

Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Seriously? I thought the click started on green...no? So the clock starts when you break out of the yellow ready light beam then? Learn something every day

That is correct, the clock starts timing your pass when you break out of the beams. You could sit there for 10 seconds before leaving and it will have no ill effect on your ET.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post
sounds good. see you tomorrow. Track opens at 6 right? How many runs are you able to get in? last time i was there, I got in like 3 runs in 4 hrs.
there weren't a ton of people on wednesday. I got there at around 7 and got 8 runs in by 9:30 then I headed out. Im thinking there will be more people out on a friday so we probably wont get that manny runs. I was also first in line at one point and got to run with the first guy and the last guy so that worked out well.

gates open at 6, racing starts at 6:30
post #486 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Quote:
there weren't a ton of people on wednesday. I got there at around 7 and got 8 runs in by 9:30 then I headed out. Im thinking there will be more people out on a friday so we probably wont get that manny runs. I was also first in line at one point and got to run with the first guy and the last guy so that worked out well.

gates open at 6, racing starts at 6:30

Sorry man, cant make it. Something came up and I wont be able to get out there tonight.

Get a good run in for me. Maybe PM that "Secret" to me.

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
PONY Member

no worries, maybe next time.... just sent you a PM, see if that helps!
PONY Member

At the track, no rain in sight !! Hoping to move up the list in about 7 min:kooky:!!

2011 "Cyclone" V6 Premium MT82 6sp "Michelle"
Factory 3.31 Ratio - 35% Tint- Bama 93 Hybrid Tune - FRPP Sport Exhaust - BBK Shorty Ceramic Headers- Air Raid CAI- TSW Nurburgring 19X8.5- Sumitomo HTR Z III 245/45-19
[email protected], Best Trap speed 103.50 before
[email protected], Best Trap speed 103.52 after headers
PONY Member

Black 2012 V6 Base Automatic

Well, not what I was hoping for. I can defiantly tell that the new drive shaft is transferring the power allot better than before. Problem now is Im breaking loose pretty bad when going into second. Was also having issues with getting off the line. I was really wanting to get into the 13.2's but tonight just wasn't the night. People were having trouble getting hooked up all night so not the best track day overall... did beat my 13.447 on the last run though, even if it was just barely....

Performance Mods (if any):CAI, Bama Tune, 3.73 gears, muffler delete, SR Springs, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum on piece, J&M Aluminum pan hard bar, stock 8" Bridgestone tires

Transmission:
R/T.......... .483
60'............. 2.052
330'........... 5.730
660'........... 8.713
660’ mph... 83.07
1000'.......... 11.250
1320'.......... 13.400
1320’ mph… 104.62
Name of the track: Orlando Speedworld
Date of pass: 3/15/2013
Weather conditions: Temp was about 55* and around 30% humidity.

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Very nice. Congrats!

-J

2011 Grabber Blue v6 Auto FRPP 3.73
13.38 @ 104mph @ Gainesville Raceway 03/02/13
20" staggered Black Ruff Racing R281 wheels, H&R Super Sport Springs, Maximum Motorsport Caster/Camber Plates, 8000K H.I.D., BMR LCA's, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, Airaid CAI, Tuners Inc tune, BBK 73mm TB, MMR Rear Seat Delete, CDC Rear Decklid Panel with tribar emlem, Performance Pack Engine Cover, GT front bumper, Saleen Grille, FRPP Sports, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Kenwood DVD player, Metra Kit
PONY Member

I was locked out of second gear on all but one pass last night!! And even on that pass I had to shift sooo slow that it was maddening! I thought I missed second, but then realized it was lockout after I couldn't even shift anywhere near redline in first. I was hoping for 13.5 or better but whatever, best run, and only clean one was [email protected], I'm so disgusted I don't even want to go check the time slip... On a positive note, my only clean run was against an white with orange trim 01-04 Saleen!:kooky: if I hadn't had to granny shift second, it would have been neck and neck, and I pulled on him top end lol! Royal purple raceway had the juniors taking forever too!!

2011 "Cyclone" V6 Premium MT82 6sp "Michelle"
Factory 3.31 Ratio - 35% Tint- Bama 93 Hybrid Tune - FRPP Sport Exhaust - BBK Shorty Ceramic Headers- Air Raid CAI- TSW Nurburgring 19X8.5- Sumitomo HTR Z III 245/45-19
[email protected], Best Trap speed 103.50 before
[email protected], Best Trap speed 103.52 after headers
PONY Member

I still want to see what a slight bolt on car with nitrous will run...
Banned

Times for the 2013 AT with BAMA 93R tune, DSS aluminum shaft, Koni adjustables, Steeda UL springs, Steeda adj. panhard and brace, J&M LCAs, K&N drop in added.

I expected a little more since the 2011 ran 13.68 without the DS, better suspension, LCAs and panhard but it did have exhaust. Shaved a little over half a second and added 3mph top from the last time with BBK TB and wheels/tires as only mods but DA was 87 this night and -224 that night. Best time was launching around 1800rpm. On the last run the track attendant sprayed the damn water the full width of the lane so I had to drive through it. On launch I spun until I let off the accelerator. I was pissed because I felt that would be my best run and into the 13.5 range since I had my launch figured out. I tried one run in sport mode but it was a failure, there seems to be too much lag in shifting with the manual gear shifting button? I am a little concerned about my tune since the first tune from BAMA would hang at redline and not shift in WOT so they looked over logs and sent a new tune. The new tune does not hang but goes over redline up to 7200-7300 before shifting sometimes. I am not sure if I should be concerned about this or not?

Only things left to do before FI next year is 3000 or 4000 stall, exhaust and CAI which I am still unsure whether they will really matter until I do add FI? Jason2004GT being the next AT up has me tempted to see but he does have 3.73's. I guess we would be able to rule out drastic advantage between 3.55 and 3.73 if I beat his time

Transmission:AT
R/T = .160
60' = 2.068
330' = 5.791
1/8 = 8.813
1/8 mph = 81.35
1000'..........11.410
1320'..........13.604
1320’ mph…102.42
Name of the track: PBIR
Date of pass: 3-15-13
DA 87
Temp 62 deg Pressure 30.19 Humidity 67%

PONY Member

Midnight Madness Is tonight at Orlando Speed World!!! $10 to run or watch STREET CARS AND BIKES ONLY!!! more info on the facebook page
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yeah, my time was when my car was all stock. I haven't had time to get back and check it out with the tune yet.

2012 Black V6 Coupe Auto 2.73
BAMA 93+ Race Tune, Magnaflow Comps, 3370lbs
SVT Drift 18", Nitto NT555
13.7 @100mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page