2011-2014 V6 1/4 mile list. - Page 34 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Still lost traction off the line. Had traction control completely off and launched just over idle this time. Other runs were just slightly slower, pretty consistent times. Looks like I need drag radials to get better traction and 60' times.

Performance Mods:Airaid CAI, BBK throttle body, Bama 93R Tune, BBK LT headers and O/R X-pipe, Borla ATAK axlebacks, FRPP 3.73 gears, Alum DS, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.Ts, Steeda LCAs, Sumitomo HTR Z III tires
Transmission:A6
R/T............ 0.659
60'............ 2.168
330'........... 5.853
660'........... 8.876
660 mph....... 81.77
1320'...........13.636
1320' mph......102.93
Name of the track: Bradenton Motorsports Park
Date of pass: 3/16/13
Weather conditions
Density Altitude: -83 feet
Relative Density: 100.24 %

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenard View Post
Still lost traction off the line. Had traction control completely off and launched just over idle this time. Other runs were just slightly slower, pretty consistent times. Looks like I need drag radials to get better traction and 60' times.

Performance Mods:Airaid CAI, BBK throttle body, Bama 93R Tune, BBK LT headers and O/R X-pipe, Borla ATAK axlebacks, FRPP 3.73 gears, Alum DS, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.Ts, Steeda LCAs, Sumitomo HTR Z III tires
Transmission:A6
R/T............ 0.659
60'............ 2.168
330'........... 5.853
660'........... 8.876
660’ mph....... 81.77
1320'...........13.636
1320' mph......102.93
Name of the track: Bradenton Motorsports Park
Date of pass: 3/16/13
Weather conditions
Density Altitude: -83 feet
Relative Density: 100.24 %

I feel your pain. With the driveshaft and 3.73 gears it is a constant fight for traction when your at the track. The DS just shocks them loose, even going into second... I was thinking about sumiomo tires on the stock wheel but if your breaking them loose...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelTX View Post
I feel your pain. With the driveshaft and 3.73 gears it is a constant fight for traction when your at the track. The DS just shocks them loose, even going into second... I was thinking about sumiomo tires on the stock wheel but if your breaking them loose...
Yeah the shift to 2nd gear I was spinning a little too.

Does lowering the air pressure in the rear tires help that much? I forgot to bring a pump so that I could let some out and be able to pump them up again before leaving.
Anyone have any other suggestions?

Banned

Quote:

Does lowering the air pressure in the rear tires help that much? I forgot to bring a pump so that I could let some out and be able to pump them up again before leaving.
Varies from car to car but in my experience you can start around 25psi area. You could try a little lower but I wouldn't go below 22. Damp/clean/gray concrete and a quick spin of the tires would give you a good idea of the contact pattern on the ground. You'd be looking for an even color across the treadmarks. IE- Not getting darker in the middle and lighter toward the outside. Or...just trial and error at the track.
PONY Member

I know I lost this run against a 6.0 GTO, but it was really funny. I watched a blue GTO make a few runs and best a 13.9.... When I staged and saw him line up next to me I was excited to get to run a v8. As you can see by the time he walked me.

Turned out that there were 2 GTO's there exact same color last night. The one I ran this time had n20:kooky:
PONY Member

^nice run man if you had cut a 1.9 60 you would've seen a 13.1x or 13.xx good job

2013 mt82 3.7-spl del/sgm/charcoal/tech pack/recaro
Mods, 3.5"ant/dynomax mid exh/bronze tsws 245/50/18 kumho/sportline-pro kit&gt500 mounts/J&M phb/eibach lcas/redline/roush/sk&pedals/gt-wfg/cf blkout/license insert&upper grille, mustang sills, jlt/3.73s/steeda 93perf&sctx3, am mirrors&tlc/roof wing/open lower/stillen lip/steeda sts&bush/rtr'd rear
PONY Member

Quote:

I have had good results lowering my tire pressure. I'm on those worthless energy savers that come stock. I have been letting quite a bit of air out and run around 15psi. That's pretty low but I can do it because the side wall is stiff enough that the wheel doesn't start to flatten out. I really thought I had the 12.3xx in the bag last night but I hit 2nd so hard it put me sideways, I decided I wanted to keep my car off the wall more than a good time lol. 60' was something like 2.01... I know thaw car has a 13.2 in it, just a matter of getting the power down. I think you could hit that without much trouble as well if you can get traction.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #503 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
All times have been updated. I got behind there for a minute, so if you've posted in the last 2 weeks, could you review the details of your ranking on the spreadsheet for accuracy?

Thanks.

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
PONY Member

Looking good! I just need to have the drive shaft shop aluminum drive shaft added to my time... Everything else is looking good, thanks for keeping up with these!
Banned

Damn 3.73s, jasinedward you bumped me by 4/10ths. Looks like I have to step it up with something???

Can anyone give input comparing our times looking at our slips since I had better 60'? After that in the autos it is just mash and hold steady so maybe my tune needs tweaking?
PONY Member

hey landtosea....

When you launch, do you break the tires loose with that a6? Mine just sticks, I get a slight hesitation, and then I'm off like a bat outta hell.... I don't ever seem to have any traction issues, even with these 3.73's and stock tires....
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasinedward View Post
hey landtosea....

When you launch, do you break the tires loose with that a6? Mine just sticks, I get a slight hesitation, and then I'm off like a bat outta hell.... I don't ever seem to have any traction issues, even with these 3.73's and stock tires....
I did on my last run only because there was no avoiding the water on the lane for burnouts. It is usually not an issue otherwise although my best time run posted from this weekend I had a little skipping on take off. Still, my 60' time is better so that should be irrelevant between our times? I would expect the 3.73s to really make the difference in the 60' more than anywhere else?
PONY Member

post your slip again..... how are you launching btw?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasinedward View Post
post your slip again..... how are you launching btw?
Slip is on pg.33

I found my best times were when revving up to ~1700rpm and releasing the brake and mashing gas at the last yellow. I tried all different combos with the new setup from no rev up to stall of 2K.
post #510 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Keep hearing that off idle is the best way to launch, but my best time has been about 1800rpm with 3.73's

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page