2011-2014 V6 1/4 mile list. - Page 35 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post
Keep hearing that off idle is the best way to launch, but my best time has been about 1800rpm with 3.73's
My best is also 1700-1800. I tried launching several times from idle and my times were slower. I guess it also matters how much torque your setup is throwing down? I will do some more experimenting if we get another cool night before S FL summer kicks in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Land... It looks like the gears plus my lack of cats are helping me with my top end..... we have the same 1/8th mile times too... your suspension mods are helping your 60' from what i would imagine.... i have the bone stock suspension....

jlawrence... I have yet to run a better time off idle...

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasinedward View Post
Land... It looks like the gears plus my lack of cats are helping me with my top end..... we have the same 1/8th mile times too... your suspension mods are helping your 60' from what i would imagine.... i have the bone stock suspension....

jlawrence... I have yet to run a better time off idle...
Ahh, didn't catch that you were catless! That is for sure a game changer. I am still having a dilema internally whether to take mine off or not...My GREEN wife would be very upset if she found out!

Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post
Ahh, didn't catch that you were catless! That is for sure a game changer. I am still having a dilema internally whether to take mine off or not...My GREEN wife would be very upset if she found out!
She can drive an electric Chevy Volt or Nissan Leaf to offset you going catless!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenard View Post
She can drive an electric Chevy Volt or Nissan Leaf to offset you going catless!
..or drive half as often as he'd like to....
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
dont worry- itll be too loud to hear her with them off

==2012 Kona Blue Mustang V6==
==1995 Neon Coupe==
PONY Member

How often does she look under your car?
Banned

In the first post of the thread DA was mentioned. Is it possible to get that added to the list? It'll give a better idea of what mods work and what doesn't when a person can convert others' ET/MPH to sea level and compare it to their own at sea level.
post #519 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
In the first post of the thread DA was mentioned. Is it possible to get that added to the list? It'll give a better idea of what mods work and what doesn't when a person can convert others' ET/MPH to sea level and compare it to their own at sea level.

How much harder do you want me to work...
:kooky:

Maybe we can get it added. If people will start posting from here going forward their own DA, I could start adding it.

It shouldn't be to hard to retroactively add the DA from the previous runs. Each posted run should have a scanned timeslip attached to it. The links from each post is on the spreadsheet. All one would have to do is look up the location, date, and time on the timeslip in dragtimes.com DA calculator and report back.

But... I'm too lazy. Any volunteers?

**EDIT**

Column for DA has been added, but not filled out.

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
PONY Member

Quote:
My best is also 1700-1800. I tried launching several times from idle and my times were slower. I guess it also matters how much torque your setup is throwing down? I will do some more experimenting if we get another cool night before S FL summer kicks in.
On an auto your almost guaranteed a better time if you launch with RPM's up because of the torque converter. That's part of the reason the auto will hesitate off the line also....

And What's all this talk about just getting off the line and then just holding the gas from there... You realize that your better off shifting 1-2-3-D rite... It takes more skill but if you can time your shift just rite you can shave off time... The 3.7 red lined at 6800 rpm according to most, the computer at WOT shifts at 7000 and does it slower than if done manually... Your welcome to race how you like but I would have never put a 12.4 down letting the computer shift.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelTX View Post
On an auto your almost guaranteed a better time if you launch with RPM's up because of the torque converter. That's part of the reason the auto will hesitate off the line also....

And What's all this talk about just getting off the line and then just holding the gas from there... You realize that your better off shifting 1-2-3-D rite... It takes more skill but if you can time your shift just rite you can shave off time... The 3.7 red lined at 6800 rpm according to most, the computer at WOT shifts at 7000 and does it slower than if done manually... Your welcome to race how you like but I would have never put a 12.4 down letting the computer shift.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm sure you meant 13.4.
PONY Member

1-2-3 doesn't work too well on the 13's..... the selectshift has a lag...
PONY Member

Also worth mentioning that if your an auto with 3.73 gears, Drive shaft and stock tires, your in for one heck of a surprise when you slam into second at red line for the first time lol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post
How much harder do you want me to work...
:kooky:

Maybe we can get it added. If people will start posting from here going forward their own DA, I could start adding it.

It shouldn't be to hard to retroactively add the DA from the previous runs. Each posted run should have a scanned timeslip attached to it. The links from each post is on the spreadsheet. All one would have to do is look up the location, date, and time on the timeslip in dragtimes.com DA calculator and report back.

But... I'm too lazy. Any volunteers?

**EDIT**

Column for DA has been added, but not filled out.
I hear ya. From here on would be great. If the slips don't have a date and time....I keep a pen in the car and jot it down on the slip.

Hopefully, all the tracks needed are on the dragtimes DA calculator. If they are not....try this. If you have an Android phone, you can download "Drag Racing Workbench" by Motor City Software and enter your "favorite" track and it'll updated once an hour the current DA. Though a more current update would be nice... a 100ft change in an hour is miniscule. I've used for over a year. I found out about it on Yellowbullet forums.

If you can't get the app or the track isn't on dragtimes...ask a local at the track where or who might know. It's a big deal to me to see if I made REAL gains and made the right move in a mod or change to a tune.
PONY Member

yea, 13.4, my fault..... maybe in the 12's once I can get power down

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page