2011-2014 V6 1/4 mile list. - Page 41 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant speed469 View Post
congrats on the new PB, now i know What to shoot for this week ;-)
Thanks ant!!

Good luck!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
That is awesome!!! lol See...12.7's lol. Congratulations Z!
Thanks!!

I posted many more details of the day in the ported intake thread.

Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28th1s View Post
Here is a picture of the ticket from my new PB today. (12.78 @ 109.17 MPH)

It was ran at Fayetteville (NC) Motorsports Park. The DA on this pass was right at +1,600 feet.

The changes to my car since my 12.91 run are as follows:

1. Now using a JLT CAI
2. Now using a Lund Racing 93 octane street tune
3. UPR UCA and mount
4. J&M adjustable panhard bar
5. building sleeper ported upper and lower intake manifolds
Wasn't the BBK TB added since then too?

Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenard View Post
Wasn't the BBK TB added since then too?
That is correct. Thanks for pointing that out. It was on in December when I ran my 12.99.
Banned

Well as I make changes and look for good results in mph only(for now), I'll definitely be "Well Z did this", lol.

So I'm already thinking

"JLT WITH the BBK and ported upper/lower int manifold..exhaust differences too"(though the collector on the Borla setup is only 2.25"..it is what it is there)

The thing that impresses me is the gains without really going into the engine yet!
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
Well as I make changes and look for good results in mph only(for now), I'll definitely be "Well Z did this", lol.

So I'm already thinking

"JLT WITH the BBK and ported upper/lower int manifold..exhaust differences too"(though the collector on the Borla setup is only 2.25"..it is what it is there)

The thing that impresses me is the gains without really going into the engine yet!
Thanks!

Sounds like a good mod list!
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Here's my new personal best timeslip. Not what I was shooting for, but I know there's more left on the table so I just gotta try again in a little better air! :hihi:

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolnYa View Post
Here's my new personal best timeslip. Not what I was shooting for, but I know there's more left on the table so I just gotta try again in a little better air! :hihi:

how rude,. u beat me :-( lol... congrats man

2011 base v6, 6M, 3.55 gears, custom 2.5" exhaust, 93r tune, 18" 2010 GT takeoffs and 18x10 look alikes on 275/35 nexen n3000, eibach sportlines, amber knight rider (K.A.R.R.) scanner, jlt carbon fiber cai, front strut bar, Shaftmasters 4" DS, J&M LCA's/adj panhard bar, JPC UCA, Koni str.t's, BBK headers/x-pipe/73mm TB, MGW shifter
best 1/4 mi - 13.240 @105.93
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant speed469 View Post
how rude,. u beat me :-( lol... congrats man
Too funny ant!!

He was just returning the favor from last year!!
Apprentice

Heading out now for Orlando in pursuit of my personal best. Of course, since the car has 1400 miles on her, this will be the first time it has been on a track. Totally stock - so I can compare performance gains/cost of parts that may find their way onto the car.

AAR later tonight.....

Predictions?

Last edited by 3pt7v6xer; 04-17-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: predictions
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pt7v6xer View Post
Heading out now for Orlando in pursuit of my personal best. Of course, since the car has 1400 miles on her, this will be the first time it has been on a track. Totally stock - so I can compare performance gains/cost of parts that may find their way onto the car.

AAR later tonight.....

Predictions?
Good luck!!

My prediction is a 14.05 @ 101.
PONY Member

with the heat we have down here I'm gonna say 14.4-14.5.... Unless it's a manual, then I'd say 14.2-14.3..... and Foolinya, AM is advertising a .2 sec gain with their aluminum driveshaft.... It would put you in the 12's.....
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasinedward View Post
with the heat we have down here I'm gonna say 14.4-14.5.... Unless it's a manual, then I'd say 14.2-14.3..... and Foolinya, AM is advertising a .2 sec gain with their aluminum driveshaft.... It would put you in the 12's.....
His car is a performance pack automatic so it should have the 3.31 gears in it. If it is hot and humid in Orlando too then my initial estimates might be too optimistic!

I think .2 gain for the aluminum driveshaft is a little too much. I would think more in the .05 to .07 range.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28th1s View Post
His car is a performance pack automatic so it should have the 3.31 gears in it. If it is hot and humid in Orlando too then my initial estimates might be too optimistic!

I think .2 gain for the aluminum driveshaft is a little too much. I would think more in the .05 to .07 range.
I think that's a resonable guess on the gains from the alum ds. I wouldn't expect more when I get mine.
Apprentice

Facts: 2.176 - 60' 14.535 @97.88 was best run with 3/4 tank and my 285lb. frame driving.

Best 60' - 2.176
Best MPH - 98.12

Fluff: Sat in the staging lanes while it rained....1 1/2 hrs later we raced. Got in 6 runs. I tried traction on, traction off, brake torque, idle and shifting myself. The beast times were to leave off idle with traction control on and let the computer shift in sport mode.

Had fun and met some good folks. Saw a 2012 3.7/auto with a tune/cold air intake run 14.00 with the stock 2.79 gears....he's gonna get 3.73's soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page