2012 Mustang V6 Driveline Vibration when letting off gas - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
Mine has a vibration while stopped
With your foot on the gas holding the revs up?

Besides, that's not the same vibration as the thread is referring to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Exact same issue here..car vibrates at 2500 rpm when I let off the gas. 2012 v6 perf pkg

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Odd. My car was doing this the first few weeks I had it and now I can't remember the last time it happened.

2012 V6 Performance Package

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
With your foot on the gas holding the revs up?

Besides, that's not the same vibration as the thread is referring to.
At idle, I do have it decelerating also.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careener View Post
Exact same issue here..car vibrates at 2500 rpm when I let off the gas. 2012 v6 perf pkg
Please have your Ford dealer diagnose this vibration for you, Careener. Then if you need further assistance, you should contact Ford Canada at 1-800-565-3673.

Quote:
Mine has a vibration while stopped
Quote:
At idle, I do have it decelerating also.
I can get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area, if you’d like, Siber Express. Please make an appointment with your Ford dealer for diagnosis as soon as possible. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and the concern your vehicle is having so I can help.

Deysha
PONY Member

OP, the cure to your poor low end torque and drive line vibe is $1000 away.

Get a Bama Tuner with a 93H tune to deal with the low end issue.

While you're at it get an Axle Exchange Alum drive shaft. That will quell quite a bit of vibe AND help your acceleration, and gas mileage. <if you can keep your foot out of it now.

American Muscle will help you out. They sometimes are out of drive shafts, tho.

Your car will be so much more responsive and aggressive, you will have to make an effort to drive smoothly.

`13 DIB, MCA, Perf Pac, Comf Pac, Back Up Camera, MT82, AE Driveshaft, Bama Tune: 93R, BBK Shortys. Borla Touring Mufflers, Air Raid CAI, AM Shift Knob, WeatherTec mats, Stripes and Tint. "Winter 18" GT Wheels and Tires, powder coated black" Redline Hood Struts, Steeda LCAs. Paid Cash.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'll Let you know Deysha, I need to bring it in for a blown speaker and am going to have them check out the vibration at the same time

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
FordService

Quote:
I'll Let you know Deysha, I need to bring it in for a blown speaker and am going to have them check out the vibration at the same time
Ok. No problem, Siber Express.

Deysha
Rookie

Vibration in my 2012

I have a similar issue when accelerating. Same thing, in the 2500 rpm range, then it goes away after 3k. I thought something was loose somewhere, so at least this makes me feel a little better. I am going to take it in, just I it's documented and I get an official answer. Thanks everyone!

2014 GT Premium, all stock...for now.
PONY Member

This is completely normal - the dealership will tell you it's normal.. you will waste at least one trip going to the dealership just to have them tell you it's normal. don't waste your time

2012 Premium V6 (manual) Mustang Club of America with Performance Package, comfort package, electronics package, backup sensors/camera, lava red leather interior
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfulford View Post
I have a similar issue when accelerating. Same thing, in the 2500 rpm range, then it goes away after 3k. I thought something was loose somewhere, so at least this makes me feel a little better. I am going to take it in, just I it's documented and I get an official answer. Thanks everyone!
Hi kfulford,

Definitely bring it in to your dealer and have them take a look. Then, to PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Rookie

shifter major raddler?

Hi there... I also have a 2012 v6 premium 6 speed and when I pin it well the performance is there, but when I back off the shifter vibrates so bad t5hat you think the tranny has fallen out!!!!! I think its the 2 piece flywheel as when it heats up from pinning it it wraps the flywheel even more. myself... i'm going to put in a high performance flywheel, light weight, and if needed a clutch and pressure plate if needed...That would take a day with a buddy and a 24 of cold ones..... fh. P.S. Ford should be paying for this, and who is ever in charge there Don't know there ass from a hole in the ground.... must be a newbee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by fhonaizer; 06-03-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: mistake
J Orbit

Ya know you're a Ford Tech when:

You tell your wife that her new haircut might void her life insurance.

After a "performance issue" you tell your wife it's a "Normal Operating Characteristic" and/or "They all do that!".

You fart anywhere at any time with impunity and simply pretend not to hear or smell it or and if challenged on this exclaim: "I'm a MAN, I make noise and stink! What did you expect? You should be dating an import!" (it's a mustang/muscle car, it's not supposed to be smooth/reliable/efficient, etc)

:kooky:

all I got for now...
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Thank you Mr. Orbit....laughter is good.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Rookie

2012 viabration

Hello again... I have a viabration when the car is in natural, and at a idle.That tells me it's the flywheel... I called a ford dealer close to me and told him my story and he refused to have a look at the car and said to take it back to where you bought it.. That's 2 1/2 hr drive away???? I took the car back there and they took it for a drive with me and the viabration was there, we went back to the service office and he said first we will try the internet to see if anything should pop up with a viabration... he put in ford mustang viabration... it came up so quick, and the service guy read it out to me all the viabration was all on the internet as we just experienced it from my car???? what to do???? it said nothing!! it's normal???? so the service guy just recorded it and I now had another 2 1/2 hr drive home. I then called ford Co. Service for owners of mustangs or ford cars and all he said after I told him my problems with the car was.... What can I do for you today??? He said he can't fix my car but what could he do this day for me????? Well I guess we are all in the same boat together but, my option is just to trade the car in on another car but NOT a ford mustang.....Gotta call it the way it is....a lemon is a lemon.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page