2012 Mustang V6 Driveline Vibration when letting off gas - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhonaizer View Post
Hello again... I have a viabration when the car is in natural, and at a idle.That tells me it's the flywheel... I called a ford dealer close to me and told him my story and he refused to have a look at the car and said to take it back to where you bought it.. That's 2 1/2 hr drive away???? I took the car back there and they took it for a drive with me and the viabration was there, we went back to the service office and he said first we will try the internet to see if anything should pop up with a viabration... he put in ford mustang viabration... it came up so quick, and the service guy read it out to me all the viabration was all on the internet as we just experienced it from my car???? what to do???? it said nothing!! it's normal???? so the service guy just recorded it and I now had another 2 1/2 hr drive home. I then called ford Co. Service for owners of mustangs or ford cars and all he said after I told him my problems with the car was.... What can I do for you today??? He said he can't fix my car but what could he do this day for me????? Well I guess we are all in the same boat together but, my option is just to trade the car in on another car but NOT a ford mustang.....Gotta call it the way it is....a lemon is a lemon.....
Hey fhonaizer,

Please PM me with your VIN, full name, mileage, dealer, and best daytime number so I can review this for you.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

viabration in nutral or coasting.

Here's my vin no.1zvbp8amxc5227351...name is frank Honaizer, mustang is a v6 6 spd. kona blue,preium, have now contacted ford customer service, they tell me to take it back to the dealership... 2 1/2 hrs away.. and have the dealership dyno the car for viabration???? when I called the dealership and told them that I was coming down for a dyno test well they said that they don't have a dino tester???? So now what??? whitney ont. (walkin distance to Algonquin park,on.

Last edited by kenv; 06-08-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Apprentice

I registered on this forum just now after finding this thread. My 2014 3.7 suffers from this same issue. I purchased it on April 2nd, 2013 and currently have 6,400 miles on it. The vibration has been happening occasionally since ~1,500 miles or so. I can now almost always reproduce it on command. Typically occurs when lifting somewhere in the 2-3k RPM range, but can also happen higher up in the rev band. It was very disconcerting at first, as I thought perhaps I had done some type of damage. I am, IMO, easy on the car. Rarely above 5.5k, never above 6.5k, no hard shifting or crazy hooning. It is my DD. I'm not sure if I need to take it to the dealer or if it just a byproduct of the design?

I also have a rattle that occurs in 2nd, 3rd and 4th under very light acceleration that sounds like something is loose around the firewall. I have visually inspected and found nothing. I installed the Roush axle-backs around 3,800k which mitigated the noise somewhat under most conditions. Should I take the car back to the dealer (about 1 hour away) or see if the issues worsen over time?

Airaid CAI, Roush axle-backs, Roush high flow upper grill, Raxiom Smoked Projector HIDs

SHELBY GT 350 Member

John, if it's the flywheel (MT only) that shows by going over about 3500-4000 rpms then keeping in gear when rpms get to about 2500 it feels like mild rumble strips. That's "normal" not right but "normal" I would ignore it. It's up to you about the rattle. I do suggest that before your dealer works on the car tell them about the exhaust and if they are friendly about that. Good luck and welcome there is lots of good info here.

also w/o insulting is it mild knock at low rpms?

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Not a lemon. Just a standard factory build that you either live with and work around or upgrade with aftermarket parts. The car won't break because of the dual mass flywheel. But if it warrants a trade, then get rid of it. No sense being unhappy for sure. The rest of us love modding, and this is just one more piece to mod.
Rookie

I don't know if I've gotten used to it or what but I hardly ever notice the vibration on decel at 2500 rpm anymore. No big deal.

2011 V6 Premium, mt82, Pony Package, tinted windows, Airaid cai, 3.73's, J&M LCAs, Steeda Sports, BMR pb
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
John, if it's the flywheel (MT only) that shows by going over about 3500-4000 rpms then keeping in gear when rpms get to about 2500 it feels like mild rumble strips. That's "normal" not right but "normal" I would ignore it. It's up to you about the rattle. I do suggest that before your dealer works on the car tell them about the exhaust and if they are friendly about that. Good luck and welcome there is lots of good info here.

also w/o insulting is it mild knock at low rpms?
That's a pretty accurate description, yeah. I think I'll let it be for the time being. I plan on taking my car by the dealer in the next few months to get it looked over and talk to someone about a few small issues before the warranty expires. And no, it's definitely not an engine knock. To me it sounds like something loose behind the head unit or somewhere around the middle of the firewall. I can live with it; it's done that since day one.

Airaid CAI, Roush axle-backs, Roush high flow upper grill, Raxiom Smoked Projector HIDs
FordService

Quote:
have now contacted ford customer service, they tell me to take it back to the dealership... 2 1/2 hrs away.. and have the dealership dyno the car for viabration???? when I called the dealership and told them that I was coming down for a dyno test well they said that they don't have a dino tester???? So now what??? whitney ont. (walkin distance to Algonquin park,on.
I sent you a PM, fhonaizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhance View Post
I registered on this forum just now after finding this thread. My 2014 3.7 suffers from this same issue. I purchased it on April 2nd, 2013 and currently have 6,400 miles on it. The vibration has been happening occasionally since ~1,500 miles or so. I can now almost always reproduce it on command. Typically occurs when lifting somewhere in the 2-3k RPM range, but can also happen higher up in the rev band. It was very disconcerting at first, as I thought perhaps I had done some type of damage. I am, IMO, easy on the car. Rarely above 5.5k, never above 6.5k, no hard shifting or crazy hooning. It is my DD. I'm not sure if I need to take it to the dealer or if it just a byproduct of the design?

I also have a rattle that occurs in 2nd, 3rd and 4th under very light acceleration that sounds like something is loose around the firewall. I have visually inspected and found nothing. I installed the Roush axle-backs around 3,800k which mitigated the noise somewhat under most conditions. Should I take the car back to the dealer (about 1 hour away) or see if the issues worsen over time?
Hi johnrhance,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer and have them check it out. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Rookie

I have viabration on the stick when in nutral and the E-brake on???? why would I need a driveshaft????
Rookie

2012 viabration results???

Hey there TOP DOG...(DEYSHA).. so I went to my dealership today 2 1/2 drive,and when we went for a ride with the service advisor in the car he said yes there is a problem here. When we got back to the dealership, he told me that there is no fix for the vibration,and that it's normal? Well he told me that a year before for the same problem...Vibration.Now my question to you is ..is someone trying to fix this problem??? Is planning involved in this are they awear of this problem????Someone at Ford should be addressing this issue, as I think your just fluffing us off with this problem!! I spent 35-36000 on my car , well I didn't expect this and other have spent much more to only to have the same problem...Can you at least tell us where we are with this issue, for we all want to know...What can you do Deysha to help us with this problem....
FordService

Quote:
Hey there TOP DOG...(DEYSHA).. so I went to my dealership today 2 1/2 drive,and when we went for a ride with the service advisor in the car he said yes there is a problem here. When we got back to the dealership, he told me that there is no fix for the vibration,and that it's normal? Well he told me that a year before for the same problem...Vibration.Now my question to you is ..is someone trying to fix this problem??? Is planning involved in this are they awear of this problem????Someone at Ford should be addressing this issue, as I think your just fluffing us off with this problem!! I spent 35-36000 on my car , well I didn't expect this and other have spent much more to only to have the same problem...Can you at least tell us where we are with this issue, for we all want to know...What can you do Deysha to help us with this problem....
I reviewed your case and this is being investigated, fhonaizer. You will have to keep contact with your dealer for any updates. However, I still recommend you get a second opinion at a different Ford dealer.

Deysha
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The bad part is Ford knows of the vibration from the DM clutch, so all trans issues are thrown into the same pot.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhance View Post
That's a pretty accurate description, yeah. I think I'll let it be for the time being. I plan on taking my car by the dealer in the next few months to get it looked over and talk to someone about a few small issues before the warranty expires. And no, it's definitely not an engine knock. To me it sounds like something loose behind the head unit or somewhere around the middle of the firewall. I can live with it; it's done that since day one.
I have that same rattle in my 2014 V6 6spd.

2014, V6, manual, Gray, Perf Pkg, Prem Pkg, Borla exhaust, BBK TB, Steeda CAI, Bama Tune.
Rookie

2nd opion??

Frank here again.... yes I did drop off to another dealership close to me and told the service advisor the problem with the vibration in the car, well he told me that if I went to the gas station the next time to fill up with high test and it would take the vibration away.Well I stepped back from the counter and though, why can't all life problems be solved this way???? So I just said thank-you and walked out...I also have many, many, many 2nd opions also...If ford does decide to replace the fly wheel with another 2 piece flywheel, well i'll just pass on that idea, it's one piece or no piece???:kooky:
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc0720 View Post
I have that same rattle in my 2014 V6 6spd.
Any ideas of what it could be? I've searched high and low and I'm convinced it must be inside of something.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page