Supercharged 3.7 V6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Supercharged 3.7 V6

Thinking about S/C my 3.7. it already has BBK LT headers and castles O/R X-Pipe. what kind of boost and power am i looking at? would be somewhere in the 5.0 GT power range ???

2012 Mustang V6 3.7L , Black, Red Le Mans racing stripes, red C-stripes, black pony emblem, red painted brake calipers, 25-30% tints, side marker lights tint, Painted stock wheels black, SR Performance short throw shifter, BBK long tube Headers, BBK off-road x-pipe, airaid CAI, BlowByRacing 93 octane Race tune, MagnaFlow Competition Axle Back Quad Tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Cat-less*** sorry

2012 Mustang V6 3.7L , Black, Red Le Mans racing stripes, red C-stripes, black pony emblem, red painted brake calipers, 25-30% tints, side marker lights tint, Painted stock wheels black, SR Performance short throw shifter, BBK long tube Headers, BBK off-road x-pipe, airaid CAI, BlowByRacing 93 octane Race tune, MagnaFlow Competition Axle Back Quad Tips
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012
GT Member

Depends on a lot of factors. My route that I am taking is buy the tuner kit. Get 60lb injectors from cfms website install in my driveway and trailer to a local tuner. I am hoping for a solid 410rwhp or so.

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_nd_Red View Post
Thinking about S/C my 3.7. it already has BBK LT headers and castles O/R X-Pipe. what kind of boost and power am i looking at? would be somewhere in the 5.0 GT power range ???
With a good, safe, conservative tune you'd probably be looking at somewhere between 410-430rwhp @ 8psi I'd imagine

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebyu12 View Post
Depends on a lot of factors. My route that I am taking is buy the tuner kit. Get 60lb injectors from cfms website install in my driveway and trailer to a local tuner. I am hoping for a solid 410rwhp or so.
Good advice,

only thing the tuner kit is missing is the fuel injectors and actual tune right?

So, like you said, get some heavy duty injectors (better safe than sorry) and custom dyno tune and you'd be all set?

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012
GT Member

Yes sir that's the plan. I just ordered my boost sensor for my aeroforce gauge. Going to my clubs track rental June 4th NA and as soon as i get back from that ill be placing my order for the blower and injectors.

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I saw on v6mustangperformance.com the test car of the first pro charger (I think) had the kit with I'm guessing higher injectors and it had a full exhaust kit pushing 9 psi at 460 rwhp. I would love to see a good 450+ rwhp

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012
GT Member

A lot of the dyno tune numbers are the higher numbers. I forget how they do it but if you use sae correction you get higher numbers. Like the original video from procharger you can see on the graph.it was like 396 but then procharger says 425 or whatever lol

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

so the regular kit would be pushing 400 rwhp on a good day lol so how much more can I expect from the 60lb injectors?

GT Member

Everyone has said with some 60lb injectors and a nice dyno tune you will be in the low 400 range. Solo suggested to me to get the smaller 3.8 pulley put on from procharger and that should up.the boost to about 9psi and give you 450 or so rwhp. I want to keep it safe though so i will be using the stock pulley.

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

what could go wrong with the 3.8 pulley?

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Shelby said they would install the 70# injectors on the Procharger and tune it there to bring it 475HP @ 8lbs ... I'm reasonably sure that's at the flywheel but of the life of me I cannot find out where they get that number. Since I have an AT they would procure the Procharger tuner kit and get the injectors commercially. Total cost, $9200.
http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/ind...ttach_id=66829

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
Apprentice

My installers and tuners didnt dyno my car first but I only got 375RWHP after install with 7lbs of boost. Procharger wont tune for more boost when you have aftermarket headers. Very dissapointed and embarrassing. Im currently looking for a Ford Tuner shop with a Dyno around the Flint/Saginaw Michigan area. My car also stalls and hunts for idle all the time even after procharger tried SEVERAL different tunes. After being without my car for 4 weeks (I had it for one weekend after install) (12.73 @ 115.78mph) I finally told them I wanted it back.
Looks like Ill have to spend more $$$ to get it right.

Procharger w/open filter 7lbs boost.
3.73 Ford Racing Gears
BBK Cermic Headers
BBK Catted X-Pipe
Flowmaster Force2 Mufflers
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_nd_Red View Post
I saw on v6mustangperformance.com the test car of the first pro charger (I think) had the kit with I'm guessing higher injectors and it had a full exhaust kit pushing 9 psi at 460 rwhp. I would love to see a good 450+ rwhp
Glenn, (SC_Kona_Blue) got 429 RWHP with the open filter on the original install before the headers and full exhaust with the kits included 50 pound injectors.

After the full exhaust new pulley and further tuning they got 461 RWHP out of it.

replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjys View Post
Shelby said they would install the 70# injectors on the Procharger and tune it there to bring it 475HP @ 8lbs ... I'm reasonably sure that's at the flywheel but of the life of me I cannot find out where they get that number. Since I have an AT they would procure the Procharger tuner kit and get the injectors commercially. Total cost, $9200.
http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/ind...ttach_id=66829
$9,200? lol. That's insane.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 v6 , boost , longtube , supercharged , x-pipe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page