Part number for license plate light lense/housing? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Part number for license plate light lense/housing?

I broke the metal tab trying to put new bulbs in. Am having trouble finding the part number.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2013 V6 DIB. PP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012
FiK
PONY Member

Garage
People always answering my similar questions with: go to your closest Ford dealership and have them look it up.

Looks like you could easily fix that with some solder on a related note. I'm sure whatever they're going to want to charge for it isn't going to be worth it.

2011 3.7L Performance Pack (3.31 gear); BMR Springs (1.0, 1.25), Adj Panhard, UCAM, UCA, CABs, LCAs; Tokico DSP-12s; GT500 Strut Mounts; DSS AL Driveshaft; JLT Oil Catch; TSW Interlagos 20x8.5 & Falken 255/35R20 x 4; Audio Sys; Amsoil Sig Series 5W-30/EAO17; Pypes 3" Catback;
On the shelf: H&R SS (1.7/2.4); MM 11+ CC Plates;

RICE
is anyone driving any vehicle with Race-Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012
Rookie

$38 by the way. Just did the same effing thing. Ended up taking some spare copper wire and wrapping it around what was left of the tab and up. Worked like a charm. Didnt mess with the other side so the stock lights remain. lol

2013 MCA/PP

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alludc View Post
$38 by the way. Just did the same effing thing. Ended up taking some spare copper wire and wrapping it around what was left of the tab and up. Worked like a charm. Didnt mess with the other side so the stock lights remain. lol
I went to the dealer. Was 30 dollars. Had to buy whole housing. Black piece with the lense and bulb

2013 V6 DIB. PP
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by titusdrake View Post
I went to the dealer. Was 30 dollars. Had to buy whole housing. Black piece with the lense and bulb
good thing you are not having to replace the whole housing! That requires having to remove the whole back bumper....

Big Pain in the butt.....

2012 Pony V-6 Coupe, Airaid CAI, SCT/BAMA 93H Tune, GT500 spoiler, Tower Brace, Starkey Fogs, Borla Axle backs, Roush Hood Strut kit, OEM leather seats, Pony engine cover, engine dress up parts, 3D side scoops & Louvers,Barton bracklet & Steeda Tri-ax short throw shifter, GT500/BOSS Rear Air Diffuser, Axle Exchange Alum. DS, MPT Tune,

2013 Pony "PP" V-6 Coupe, glass roof,
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyI View Post
good thing you are not having to replace the whole housing! That requires having to remove the whole back bumper....

Big Pain in the butt.....

It was just this. Dont think I would need to remove bumper

2013 V6 DIB. PP
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Here you go, my best source for factory parts, their system seems to be the easiest to navigate and find what you need.

2014 Race Red Base Model-3.7L, MT82, Tech Package, 18" Black Factory Wheels, AirRaid CAI
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013
Rookie

I have the same problem

Hi guys,
I have exactly the same problem. I need to replace just the lens, but I got the whole housing. Do I have to remove the whole back bumper as Ricky mentioned above? or there is another way to replace the whole thing in an easier way.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page