2013 Mustang V6 Base, Creaking Sound from shocks..... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
replica

The results, they think it's a control arm bushing that's binding. Bushing is on order and they'll call me when it's in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I have the same problem on my '12 v6. I noticed it a few thousand miles ago in the begining of the summer and since then it's come and gone. Some days it'll be quiet and others it'll groan loudly over bumps. If I take my car in to Ford would this be something I'd have to replicate for them? I was planning on getting the FRPP Handling pack or something similar, I figured I might as well get this fixed while I wait.

replica

Take it in for that before you install stuff. Probably easier that way.

PONY Member

Mine is making noises also at about 6500 miles. I got out there with it with the hood up,shoving down on the front end of the fender to try and find out where the noise is coming from. Mine appears to be the A frame bushing-front position. I got some spray on drying lube and soaked the bushing down with it. The passengers side is quiet now with a little noise on the driver side. I'll reapply it in the morning and see how it does. I don't have time to be running the car to the dealer for a squeak, I think either the bushing is made a little to wide or they are not lubing it before installing it. Course it could be over torqued to.
Back in the day I used to work for Ford at the Wayne Mich. assembly plant, from what I've seem there it could be anything.:kooky:
I'm studying on replacing the bushings with poly, If I ever get time that is!
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have 8k on mine, and I think I have heard a very slight creak from the front end a couple of times going over the enormous speed bumps in and out of the deck at work. To those who have had this issue fixed - how loud was this "creak"? The times I have heard it, the noise was almost inaudible, and definitely no feedback in the pedals, and this was with the suspension near full flex (this speed bump is huge).

Trying to figure out if I should take it in to the dealer. Always a mixed bag, as my dealer is currently 2 out of 3 for good visits, with one being colossally bad.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe, Red Candy Metallic, MCA Edition, Performance Package

Go: Bama 93P Tune, Airaid MXP CAI, FRPP Sport Exhaust
Show: Suntek Carbon 35, GT500 Splash Guards, Redline Goods Shift and E-brake Boots
replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 3-7 View Post
I have 8k on mine, and I think I have heard a very slight creak from the front end a couple of times going over the enormous speed bumps in and out of the deck at work. To those who have had this issue fixed - how loud was this "creak"? The times I have heard it, the noise was almost inaudible, and definitely no feedback in the pedals, and this was with the suspension near full flex (this speed bump is huge).

Trying to figure out if I should take it in to the dealer. Always a mixed bag, as my dealer is currently 2 out of 3 for good visits, with one being colossally bad.
Mine started the same way, just a few hundred miles ago, at about 7,500. It got rapidly worse. I'm at about 8,200. The creak at first is almost not noticeable. Just wait a few more miles on a nice, moist morning. It'll creak so bad you'll feel it in the pedals.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica View Post
Mine started the same way, just a few hundred miles ago, at about 7,500. It got rapidly worse. I'm at about 8,200. The creak at first is almost not noticeable. Just wait a few more miles on a nice, moist morning. It'll creak so bad you'll feel it in the pedals.
Thanks, I will keep an eye on it, er, I mean "an ear".

2012 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe, Red Candy Metallic, MCA Edition, Performance Package

Go: Bama 93P Tune, Airaid MXP CAI, FRPP Sport Exhaust
Show: Suntek Carbon 35, GT500 Splash Guards, Redline Goods Shift and E-brake Boots
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrabber5 View Post
My 2012 has done this from day one. But I don't have the means to leave my only car at the dealer for a couple days. And they don't have loaners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmustangg View Post
Wow! While I'm glad I'm not the only one, sucks to hear so many people have this problem. I'm going to be setting up an appointment shortly. I'll post the results afterwards. Thanks for all your feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmordan View Post
I just crossed 2k miles on my 2013 V6. I don't hear any noises but I do feel the odd feedback in the pedals, almost like the connecting rods are being bumped by something. Good to know I'm not crazy. Doesn't happen all the time, once or twice a week.
Plan on letting the dealership look at it at 5k unless it gets more frequent or I start hearing the noise everyone's reporting.

I'll be sure to email Deysha with the appointment info.
D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I have the same problem on my '12 v6. I noticed it a few thousand miles ago in the begining of the summer and since then it's come and gone. Some days it'll be quiet and others it'll groan loudly over bumps. If I take my car in to Ford would this be something I'd have to replicate for them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyrusty436 View Post
Mine is making noises also at about 6500 miles. I got out there with it with the hood up,shoving down on the front end of the fender to try and find out where the noise is coming from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 3-7 View Post
I definitely advise you all make appointments with your dealers and let me escalate this for you as soon as possible. Please PM me with your info, as mentioned before.

Deysha
Apprentice

Anyone who has stock LCAs and a front-end creak when driving over bumps (especially speed bumps) needs to take a look at the following thread. There is a video inside and you can compare your creaking to the creaking noticed in the vid.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...eo-inside.html

To sum it up, it's very likely your LCAs and both sides need to replaced.

2012 GT Premium
401A, Electronics, Rear-view Sensors & Camera, HIDS, Wheel-locks, Security Package
PONY Member

Sound like mine before I sprayed some dry lube on them, their quiet now so I'll watch and see what happens.:smoke:
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

After waiting 2 weeks, finally took my car in for an appointment. Got a call from someone at the dealership. Basic jist was, "we didn't hear anything, if it gets worse then bring it in again".

Seems like a pretty common problem. They must not have speed bumps at the dealer. Bad taste im my mouth.

2013 V6 MT Sterling Grey - 3.31 gears, JLT Intake, Boss Strut Brace, GT Wheels, Infinity Reference 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate P300-10
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

That's pretty much what I get old anytime I have something looked at.

BD 11/15/11, ETA 11/26, Delivered 11/23, received 11/28
2012 Base v6, Grabber Blue, Manual, exterior sport appearance package, stripe delete, MT82
Rookie

Not taken care of on '13's

Lemme be the first to say...they have NOT fixed this on the '13's. 2013 v6 Performance Package here. Creaking shocks since 1000 miles. Dealer has told me twice it's new car sounds. BS!! I will be showing up at 7am tomorrow, and demanding something be done. At 10k miles now and creaking just as bad as ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureSound View Post
Good to see they fixed this in the 2013 models... This is whats keeping me from upgrading to a GT, that and the gas milage.

Deysha, I brought my vehicle in 2x to my dealer and both times they said "we don't have time" or "we don't have the appropriate staff" to take care of my creaking. I'm not too sure what an appointment means to Ford, but apparently it's not the same as what it means to me. And this is after 2 full days of leaving my car there. Not sure what they are good for. The worse part is their condescending attitudes when I tell them the front LCA's are creaking, as if they are going to disprove me. Not that they even put effort for into proving me wrong, they never even move my car from their driveway to the shop.

Nothing says piece of **** car like a creaking suspension.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by naterz82 View Post
Lemme be the first to say...they have NOT fixed this on the '13's. 2013 v6 Performance Package here. Creaking shocks since 1000 miles. Dealer has told me twice it's new car sounds. BS!! I will be showing up at 7am tomorrow, and demanding something be done. At 10k miles now and creaking just as bad as ever.
Hi naterz82,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and Id like to get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
PONY Member

its strange, mine squeaked for like a week, then it just went away on its own.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page