SeATS!!! should i or should i not???? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I'd trade you my cloth seats for your leather

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I have a complete set of OEM cloth seats if you are interested. $50.00 bucks plus shipping and they are yours. Sorry JLome, mine go first.

Stu

Modifications Performance: Airaid CAI, 93P Tune by Torq, Dynomax Exhaust Interior: Auto Headlamp Switch, Leather Seat Upgrade, Infinity Speakers, Billet Chrome: Door Locks, Radio Display Trim, Door Lock/Unlock Covers, Map Light Button Covers, Air Vent Covers Exterior: Chrome Door Handles, Faux Gas Lid Delete; 3.7 Emblems, Stock Wheels Painted Gloss Black, Tinted Lights, Dark Gray Rocker and Hood Crease Stripes, Upper and Lower Billet Grille Overlays Engine Compartment: Custom Strut Brace
PONY Member

Since this is turning into a Florida heat thread, I chose cloth due to what Judge88 said, expecting to get burned with leather when I am wearing shorts (almost always when not at work, lol).

2012 Lava Red Mustang Coupe V6 with stone interior
Auto,2.73,BAMA Tunes 93H,Axle Exchange Aluminum DS,Pypes M80 mufflers,Airaid CAI,
Shelby GT500 racing stripes, Side window louvers,Side scoops,Polk Audio MM571 speakers
Shelby GT500 Steering wheel, Maxxim Maze wheels (18 lbs), BBK Throttle Body, Stillen Chin Spoiler, 10" Amplified Bazooka Subwoofer, Illuminated Door Sills, GT500 rear diffuser, Roush Rocker Panel Splitters, Splash Guards, Continental Extreme DWS tires

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfromnaples View Post
Since this is turning into a Florida heat thread, I chose cloth due to what Judge88 said, expecting to get burned with leather when I am wearing shorts (almost always when not at work, lol).
I swapped the cloth for leather and never had a hot seat problem, plus my car is black. I guess the tints I got work really well!

Modifications Performance: Airaid CAI, 93P Tune by Torq, Dynomax Exhaust Interior: Auto Headlamp Switch, Leather Seat Upgrade, Infinity Speakers, Billet Chrome: Door Locks, Radio Display Trim, Door Lock/Unlock Covers, Map Light Button Covers, Air Vent Covers Exterior: Chrome Door Handles, Faux Gas Lid Delete; 3.7 Emblems, Stock Wheels Painted Gloss Black, Tinted Lights, Dark Gray Rocker and Hood Crease Stripes, Upper and Lower Billet Grille Overlays Engine Compartment: Custom Strut Brace
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

love how were keeping my thread alive haha thanks guys for all the input!

2012 Kona Blue A/T 2.73 Premium pony edition...
Pypes catback exhaust, Gt premium package 19in wheels,drop in K&N filter,Brembo edition suspension and OEM strut tower and stock grill(dislike the chrome bar one)....more soon
J Orbit

If you're still considering this I've been strongly looking into getting racing seats and a rear set delete and I currently have a set of OEM seats with katzkins red/black leather that I'd sell. BTW I'm in DFW. I have no idea what to price them at but they DO have airbags so it won't be cheap.

PM me if interested.
replica

I'd like leather, but I'm a cheap *******.
J Orbit

I like my seats but I have a busted disk in my back and there's just not enough support, not to mention that if I ever get better enough to go racing again I'll need some better side bolsters.

The corbeaus I was looking at have adjustable lumbar supports and are a true racing seat. That way I can justify them as a health expense. lol

From what I've seen, you can get roush take-off leather for cheap. It would be a ***** to install but not a bad improvement for $400.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

im not into the katzkins leather but there nice we done them that at my dealership a few times and the quality is nice but i woundnt need black and red seats in my blue mustang

2012 Kona Blue A/T 2.73 Premium pony edition...
Pypes catback exhaust, Gt premium package 19in wheels,drop in K&N filter,Brembo edition suspension and OEM strut tower and stock grill(dislike the chrome bar one)....more soon
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

My car came with the cloth seats. I thought I would like them better, but if I planned on keeping the car- I would upgrade to leather. Right now I`m thinking about ordering some Wet Okole neoprene covers. There are several other makers, I had them in one of my `Vettes & really liked them.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page