So where's the mileage increase? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
This is exactly why guys with gears say their mpgs suck. If you're disciplined you can get good mileage. I got 28.4mpg driving from VA to Raleigh, driving about 40 miles in city traffic, and then driving to Charlotte and back to Raleigh before filling up. 377 miles and 13.25 gallons.

Sent from the iPhone's killer's killer!
What speed? 15 cgar

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockersmith View Post
I just installed my Airaid cold air intake and have been driving around all day listening to the neat roaring sound that it makes when I mash the go pedal hard. But for some strange reason my mileage has dropped considerably. I thought most CAIs advertised increased mileage!

crockersmith,

Haha I would say more than half of our customers have the same problem, including myself. How are we suppose to be easy on the pedal when there's all this new unleashed power waiting behind the throttle?!

If you have the mod bug now and you're looking for even more power, try a Bama SF3 tuner. Then you'll really find yourself with a lead foot!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_DiabloSport View Post
Did you get a tune installed for the intake? If not you need one to get the proper performance out of it. Our inTune has the tunes pre-loaded for Airaid to make sure you are not running too lean and that your vehicle pulls timing because of what it sees for A/F ratio.

If you already have a tuner, was the tune built for the cold air? If you do have a tune for the cold air already, it would be curious to hear that you lost mileage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_DiabloSport View Post
Not without a tune, no way so +1 from me too.

No tune needed with the Airaid, tune would just be icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
crockersmith,
If you have the mod bug now and you're looking for even more power, try a Bama SF3 tuner. Then you'll really find yourself with a lead foot!

Shane

No, doesn't need a SF3, if he wants a tune then he needs to get the Diablo inTune, so you guys need to get off the stick and start stocking them.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockersmith View Post
I just installed my Airaid cold air intake and have been driving around all day listening to the neat roaring sound that it makes when I mash the go pedal hard. But for some strange reason my mileage has dropped considerably. I thought most CAIs advertised increased mileage!
Just get a K&N drop in if you want to see a slight mileage increase, you already have a CAI from the factory!

Now: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback-Magnetic Metallic, Ford Racing Touring axle-backs, Ford Racing front strut and k-brace, K&N CAI, sound tube delete, 1975 Corvette Coupe-L48, 4-speed

Past Lives: 2001 Corvette Z51 Coupe, 2012 Mustang Grabber Blue Coupe, 2008 Mustang Torch Red Vert, 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, 1985 Nissan 300ZX, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 1972 Fiat 124 Vert, 1971 Chevelle, 1970 Challenger
Beast3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangkid9234 View Post
What speed? 15 cgar
I try to stay under 75, I think the car starts to get thirsty with anything over 80.

Sent from the iPhone's killer's killer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page