GT fogs for a v6! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
GT fogs for a v6!

I was wondering is there to install fog lights on the grill how gts have them on a v6??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012
Rookie

I installed the gt fog light grill on my v6

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlow4.0 View Post

do they work? what wiring did you use?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012
PONY Member

You can get Cobra badging for less money; that would thrill the Asian car drivers with the giant wings. They post videos and brag about how they blew the doors off a Shelby Cobra with their 4 cylinder Kamikaze Sport.

No really look on YouTube.

2009 Mustang GT Deluxe, fake hood scoop, Ford Racing Bullitt cold air intake and tune, Hurst billet competition plus shifter.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlow4.0 View Post

I would like too see a gt grille on a v6. So post some pics please.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012
FiK
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tormenting5.0 View Post

The Steeda Q series fascia was sized for a GT upper grille, and the V6 upper grille is integrated to the V6's fascia... All I'm going to say.

2011 3.7L Performance Pack (3.31 gear); BMR Springs (1.0, 1.25), Adj Panhard, UCAM, UCA, CABs, LCAs; Tokico DSP-12s; GT500 Strut Mounts; DSS AL Driveshaft; JLT Oil Catch; TSW Interlagos 20x8.5 & Falken 255/35R20 x 4; Audio Sys; Amsoil Sig Series 5W-30/EAO17; Pypes 3" Catback;
On the shelf: H&R SS (1.7/2.4); MM 11+ CC Plates;

RICE
is anyone driving any vehicle with Race-Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012
PONY Member

one of the manufacturers (Street Scenes or Steeda) promised me they were releasing two different fog light grills as a direct replacement for the 2010-12 V6 about May 2012 but I never saw one. I wanted the "Elinor" style but not bad enough to change out the front bumper cover.

and I wasn't trying to fool anyone into thinking my car was a GT either, I just like that grille/fog light/19"wheel look and did not need 400+hp..

I guess no one has seen those?

2011 V6 Premium ,Grabber Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto/2.73, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package.

Mods, Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels/245-45-19 P-Zeros, Wheel Locks, Ford Accessory Alarm, Ford All-Weather Mats, window tint, spare tire/jack, cam cap mod.
on deck... Polk Audio db571 X 4 speakers & baffles
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres576 View Post
I was wondering is there to install fog lights on the grill how gts have them on a v6??
0) You need a GT grille with the fog lights (duh).

1) You need a front bumper cover that's compatible with the GT grille. Any of the V8 bumper covers (GT/CS, GT, etc), and most/all of the aftermarket bumper covers should work.

2) If you don't get a take-off bumper cover that's already the right color, or if you buy a new one, you're going to have to paint it.

3) You need to modify your wiring harness. The absolute best and least hassle option here is the Starkey wiring harness ($190). It includes a pre-made harness and a new headlight switch. It takes about an hour to install.

All totaled, you're looking at right around $1000 if you need to paint the bumper cover.

As an alternative, you can buy a kit from Starkey that puts fog lights in the factory V6 bumper cover, and it includes the wiring harness and headlight switch. That kit will cost less than half what it would cost to install a GT grille.

A lot of folks with V6's installed the GT grille (or the center-mount grille) because they want the fog lights. Don't let the ass hats dissuade you from going the way you want to go. It's your car, not theirs.

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012
GT Member

Quote:

Look at a GT - that's what it would look like.

Rookie
S197 Member

So I put the 2013 GT grille and fogs on my v6 because I like the gas mileage/insurance costs/vehicle costs of the v6 but I wanted more light output and liked the look of the GT fogs.
http://rebbert.info/Mustang/DSCF1155.JPG
Thats a pic of the front of my car. If you go to Index of /Mustang you will see the pics of my install. The first pic is the screws you need and you need two packs of them. You can get the grille and fog lamps from roush on ebay and you will need h11 to led fog lamp harness which I got off ebay. Now all this assumes you already have fog lamps from factory. If not there is a complete gt grille and switch combo on ebay but since I did not go that route I can not help. Since I went to LED's on my factory fog lamps I wired them up together so both sets of fogs light up and since the factory v6 fogs are now led the light color matches better.

::EDIT::
I do eventually plan on doing a walk through as you can see the pics already have notes. That just takes time and right now I am short on that. But I will get to it... One day.

::EDIT 2::
This only applies to 2013's. 2011-2012 have different a grille and this will not work without unknown modifications.
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
Look at a GT - that's what it would look like.
Not really...the lower half of the bumper is different. Sure it will look similar, but until you see it done. It may look weird too me, but good too you. I do like the v6 front, but I don't like the small fogs. I don't really want to sink a grand into a new front clip. Just to add fog lights. But unless someone comes up with a addon mod, I only have two options. V6 fogs or new front clip. :smoke:
GT Member

Quote:
Not really...the lower half of the bumper is different. Sure it will look similar, but until you see it done. It may look weird too me, but good too you. I do like the v6 front, but I don't like the small fogs. I don't really want to sink a grand into a new front clip. Just to add fog lights. But unless someone comes up with a addon mod, I only have two options. V6 fogs or new front clip. :smoke:
Given that you have to switch to the GT bumper cover in order to even USE the GT grille (which I described in detail in the post immediately prior to the one you quoted), a GT grille on a V6 car will look exactly like a GT. Right?

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
2010-2012 V6 Mustang Foglamp Wiring Harness

can i use this and mount the fog lights where ever i want????
GT Member
V6 Member

Just get some KC lights and bolt them
To the roof of the car...

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurle View Post
Just get some KC lights and bolt them
To the roof of the car...
i already have those..i want some on the grill just in case those fall off. i only used 3m tape. :kooky:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page