2013 v6 engine - love it - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2013 v6 engine - love it

After doing a couple of mods to get the stang on her feet, I'm more then happy. Plus the savings from the GT allows us to mod the car, take a vacation and party for a couple days with friends.

I'm added the following items to liven up the motor:
K&N CAI without the Carbon Top cover, spoke to the tech at K&N and all their runs were with the cover off.
New exhaust from the Cats back and went with the Magaflow compentation mufflers, a little loud but I ride a Harley so that doesn"t matter so much.
Bama tunes after I replaced the 2,73 rear ends to 3,73.

Overall an excellent vehicle and engine once it's allowed to do it's stuff.

Fred

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012
GT Member

man these new cars are getting insane!!!! supersnake=750 hp lol buh bye corvettes and vipers, we'll be waiting at the finishline lol. man 300 hp for a v6 thats intense lol.

a man's most expensive hobby started with a 97 cent hotwheels

1999 saleen s281sc vert 11k miles #261/421 built 1/170 vert 1/10 exact combo
2000 Roush v6 sport 78k miles
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012
MACH I Member

Wait till you see 300hp on a 4 cylinder hit the Mustang if you think it's nuts for a 6er!

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VipeRS View Post
Wait till you see 300hp on a 4 cylinder hit the Mustang if you think it's nuts for a 6er!
Yup I think its gonna go in that direction. I hope we don't have the V8 disappear though! Nothing beats that sound!

Whipple S/C 550 HO kit, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP springs, Steeda Spyder 20x9 and 20x11, BMR LCAs, BMR ReLo Brackets, Front and Rear CShelby Sway bars, Hurst Billet Shifter, Custom Dyno Tune, MRT O/R H pipe, Borla Stingers
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgoddard57 View Post
Yup I think its gonna go in that direction. I hope we don't have the V8 disappear though! Nothing beats that sound!
The V8 is sure to stay, at least for the next 5 or so years... It's the diminish of the V6 we might see, unfortunately.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012
FiK
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VipeRS View Post
The V8 is sure to stay, at least for the next 5 or so years... It's the diminish of the V6 we might see, unfortunately.
That guy who posted about going to see the 2015 Mustang said in one of his posts that there was definitely a sixxer of some type listed.

Thing is, the 4-cyl eco car is likely going to cost more than the 3.7L is by quite a few dollars. And no one wants a NA 4-cyl in a Mustang.

2011 3.7L Performance Pack (3.31 gear); BMR Springs (1.0, 1.25), Adj Panhard, UCAM, UCA, CABs, LCAs; Tokico DSP-12s; GT500 Strut Mounts; DSS AL Driveshaft; JLT Oil Catch; TSW Interlagos 20x8.5 & Falken 255/35R20 x 4; Audio Sys; Amsoil Sig Series 5W-30/EAO17; Pypes 3" Catback;
On the shelf: H&R SS (1.7/2.4); MM 11+ CC Plates;

RICE
is anyone driving any vehicle with Race-Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012
Banned

Im right there with you with the mods, will do the 3.73 when the snow clears, also the aluminum driveshaft to complete my performance mods. Need to sell one of the kids to get a supercharger, or dont feed them as much.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012
GT Member

No need for this thread.

Refer to:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-7-engine.html

Mods, please merge.

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012
eclypse3demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiK View Post
That guy who posted about going to see the 2015 Mustang said in one of his posts that there was definitely a sixxer of some type listed.

Thing is, the 4-cyl eco car is likely going to cost more than the 3.7L is by quite a few dollars. And no one wants a NA 4-cyl in a Mustang.

From my understanding and what I have gathered from articles they will be ecoboost engines which I believe are turbo'd such as the 3.5 twin turbo etc.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclypse3demons View Post
From my understanding and what I have gathered from articles they will be ecoboost engines which I believe are turbo'd such as the 3.5 twin turbo etc.
Correct, he said the Ecoboost option. However, if it makes it to final production, one could only assume. Three powertrain options is quite extensive for one car. I don't think it has ever been done for a Mustang (correct me if I am wrong).

Once marketing and budget gets ahold of the three options, they may or may not get rid of the third option. The most likely one to bite the dust would be the 3.5L Ecoboost, if you ask me.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcrideout View Post
After doing a couple of mods to get the stang on her feet, I'm more then happy. Plus the savings from the GT allows us to mod the car, take a vacation and party for a couple days with friends.

I'm added the following items to liven up the motor:
K&N CAI without the Carbon Top cover, spoke to the tech at K&N and all their runs were with the cover off.
New exhaust from the Cats back and went with the Magaflow compentation mufflers, a little loud but I ride a Harley so that doesn"t matter so much.
Bama tunes after I replaced the 2,73 rear ends to 3,73.

Overall an excellent vehicle and engine once it's allowed to do it's stuff.

Fred
Welcome to AFM! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the V6. The new Sixxer is unbelievable, depending on the year of your GT you probably don't even miss it lol!

It sounds like you have a pretty good list of mods so far. Definitely post up some pictures, we'd love to check your Pony out!

Let me know if you ever have any questions.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiK View Post

He actually didn't say this. It wasn't stated one way or the other whether they were scrapping the v6 during his experience. The conclusion (unconfirmed) was actually that it looked more likely that v6 would be gone in place of the 4 cyl eco.

2013 DIB 3.7L | 6AT | Performance Package | Tech Package |
Bama 91R | Airaid CAI | Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks |
Pioneer TSD's | Amp & 10" JBL sub |
PONY Member

A turbo 4 is going to be pretty much maxed out at 300. But a 3.7 is just getting started at 305.

With those 2 engines making similar hp, I'll take the bigger engine.

`13 DIB, MCA, Perf Pac, Comf Pac, Back Up Camera, MT82, AE Driveshaft, Bama Tune: 93R, BBK Shortys. Borla Touring Mufflers, Air Raid CAI, AM Shift Knob, WeatherTec mats, Stripes and Tint. "Winter 18" GT Wheels and Tires, powder coated black" Redline Hood Struts, Steeda LCAs. Paid Cash.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerJerney View Post
A turbo 4 is going to be pretty much maxed out at 300. But a 3.7 is just getting started at 305.

With those 2 engines making similar hp, I'll take the bigger engine.
However, with a tune on the turbo'd 4-cylinder, you probably could be pushing another 60-80hp if it's anything like the aftermarket tuned version of the ecoboost.

If that's the case, it's gonna be a big hit since you could get so much more power for so little $$.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

PONY Member

No replacement for displacement... i would like to see a 3.5L ecoboost before i see a 4banger go back into the mustangs. More HP than the 3.7L with alot of wiggle room to push 400 at the wheels stock and still get 36mpg IMO with the trucks getting 25mpg if you take it easy. Cut about 2k pounds and the better aerodynamics of the car and boom.. easily 35mpg if not MORE. And honestly i would be ok with paying more for .2L less but twin turbo!!!! Will trade in when 2015 hits and they have it for sure! Will be first one on the block if they put that ecoboost 3.5L motor in them. If it is a 4 banger you can sure bet i will keep my v6 or jump up to a v8.... sorry but i will always respect a 4cyl but never own a mustang 4 cyl... Inline 6 maybe for good old times sake would be a really cool touch though

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page