Ford Mustang Forum banner

Seat bracket rust

9K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Boll58 
#1 ·
I was detailing my interior this evening and noticed that the black seat brackets/rails are beginning to rust. Is this happening to anyone else? I have base model interior with no power seats. It's too dark for pictures today unfortunately.

#3 ·
Do you think it's something that would be covered under warranty? Maybe Deysha can chime in. Can't have interior rust on a car that's only 2 years old!

#5 ·
Mine is rusty too. Still under warranty. When I take it in to have the seat motors replaced I will ask.

#6 ·
There is moisture in the air everywhere, even inside your car. There's nothing you can really do about it and if it's surface rust it doesn't hurt anything. If they are out of sight then don't worry about it. If it bugs you that much then take the brackets of, sand them down and paint them.

#7 ·
You would think guys like me, who drive year-round and kick salt into the carpets, would have ours rust first. It's surprising a Lousiana man would have his rust and not me.

#8 ·
I know, I find it odd as well. I've never had anything rust, and I've especially never heard of interior rust. It IS raining pretty much constantly down here though. Possible the paint got scratched or scuffed and a passenger tracked water in it, but then again I only have a passenger once a week...

#14 ·
Make sure you don't have a small leak. Especially the drain for the A/C. Look under the floor mats for damp spots. Other than that you may live in area with high humidity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.