New Driveshaft research - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasinedward View Post
you're more than welcome to pick me.... lol.... I have a 2013 v6 base auto....
Pick this guy! (since he asked first) Or any automatic mustang owner...

I'm yet to buy for my automatic and we have the clunk....just pointing that out lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FiK
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbleedBlue View Post
I think some of you guys missed the idea... if you currently have a DSS shaft, they will send you the new one.

My DSS shaft is vibration free but extremely noisy. I'd love to beta test a quieter DSS shaft.
Quote:
Hey guys,
we would like to reach out our hands and work with you for research on a new drive shaft if you would like. We will pick on of yall to help us. Below is the info about the product.

The drive shaft with the sound deander is the drive shaft that we referring to. We would build the shaft to the specs of your car and send it to you to test in your car. if it woulds as we plan that it will we will give you instructions to send us your old DSS drive shaft.

If this is something your interested in please list the specs of your car below.

Guys we will only pick one, i look forward to seeing this thread on monday
I do get a slight thunk noise while starting forward, and in hard shifts, but again, I've seen so much worse, it doesn't even phase me. Plus, all things considered, I don't need to be messing around with another thing. Barely get time to mess around with what little's on my plate as it is. Best I could offer is that I could drive over to the DSS on a weekend - doubt they're open, though.

2011 3.7L Performance Pack (3.31 gear); BMR Springs (1.0, 1.25), Adj Panhard, UCAM, UCA, CABs, LCAs; Tokico DSP-12s; GT500 Strut Mounts; DSS AL Driveshaft; JLT Oil Catch; TSW Interlagos 20x8.5 & Falken 255/35R20 x 4; Audio Sys; Amsoil Sig Series 5W-30/EAO17; Pypes 3" Catback;
On the shelf: H&R SS (1.7/2.4); MM 11+ CC Plates;

RICE
is anyone driving any vehicle with Race-Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbleedBlue View Post
I think some of you guys missed the idea... if you currently have a DSS shaft, they will send you the new one.

My DSS shaft is vibration free but extremely noisy. I'd love to beta test a quieter DSS shaft.
D'oh....dibs on the used one!!!

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I would like to try one.I really need to upgrade drive shaft so I have more confidence in my drive shaft at track events. See my mods if I qualify I would be glad to test your new driveshaft if you offer a discount since I don't already have a dss shaft to exchange

Base performance package:1/4 window louvers,k&n drop in filter,barton shifter,3:73 ford racing gears and diff cover,royal purple gear oil,spohn del sphere uca and mounting bracket.red & black leather seats.20%tint BBK Shorty Headers. tokico d spec adjustable shocks and struts, boss rear seat delete (red) future mods:driveshaft safety loop,clutch and flywheel
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm game. I have a stock 2012 PP with less than 5700 miles on her.
Banned

Fik
Landtosea
Ibleedblue
V6moddedmustang
Seem to be the only people who volunteered that are actually running the DSS shaft in there car right now.i'm sure there is more of you guys somewhere!!!
post #37 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Guys thanks for all the replys, We have a guy in mind.

We will try our best to keep all posted on the build and the new setup
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveshaft Shop View Post

Haha to think I just missed the boat on this - my DDS aluminum on my auto clunks and clangs all over the friggin place. My 4.10s make it even worse...I would love to volunteer if you still need someone or something falls through.
GT Member

Excising owners of a DSS driveshaft for these cars should have an option if you guys fix the sound issue to return their DS for the new designed one.

Unless this is what were doing, so confused! lol

GRABBER BLUE 2012 Mustang Coupe V6 Premium|Pony Package*

Performance: Airaid Intake, SCT SF3 Tuner, BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers, LethalPerformance O/R H-Pipe, FRPP Sport Axle-backs, JLT Oil Separator, DriveShaftShop Aluminum Driveshaft.
Suspension: Boss 302 Strut Brace, Steeda: Chrome Moly LCA's, Adj.UCA, Adj.Panhard bar, Ultra-Lite Springs, Pro-Action Shocks/Struts, Heavy-Duty Caster Camber Plates & Trunk X-Brace.
Wheels/Tires: Staggered 19" Forgestar Wheels with Nitto Invo Tires.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6moddedmustang View Post
Fik
Landtosea
Ibleedblue
V6moddedmustang
Seem to be the only people who volunteered that are actually running the DSS shaft in there car right now.i'm sure there is more of you guys somewhere!!!
I would but I'm in Canada lol, didn't know if they were looking for someone local or not? Most mods are in signature..8000kms on the car.

What would be the time line to get a new refined finished product?

GRABBER BLUE 2012 Mustang Coupe V6 Premium|Pony Package*

Performance: Airaid Intake, SCT SF3 Tuner, BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers, LethalPerformance O/R H-Pipe, FRPP Sport Axle-backs, JLT Oil Separator, DriveShaftShop Aluminum Driveshaft.
Suspension: Boss 302 Strut Brace, Steeda: Chrome Moly LCA's, Adj.UCA, Adj.Panhard bar, Ultra-Lite Springs, Pro-Action Shocks/Struts, Heavy-Duty Caster Camber Plates & Trunk X-Brace.
Wheels/Tires: Staggered 19" Forgestar Wheels with Nitto Invo Tires.
Banned

Quote:

My ears will be open for good new. Gears and a driveshaft are my next mods and will do them at the same time more than likely.
GT Member

Quote:
Hey guys,
we would like to reach out our hands and work with you for research on a new drive shaft if you would like. We will pick on of yall to help us. Below is the info about the product.

The drive shaft with the sound deander is the drive shaft that we referring to. We would build the shaft to the specs of your car and send it to you to test in your car. if it woulds as we plan that it will we will give you instructions to send us your old DSS drive shaft.

If this is something your interested in please list the specs of your car below.

Guys we will only pick one, i look forward to seeing this thread on monday
Pretty cool! I'd like to get a DSS

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black
Apprentice

Doh, I just ordered one before I got on the forum and read all this. Hope it's all good.

I have spent a ton of money on Whiskey, Women and Wheels...the rest I just wasted
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

So is it safe to say that I should skip the current DSS shaft since they are redoing it? I'm hearing a lot of issues with it. It's down to AM's AE driveshaft and CFM's DSS driveshaft right now. AM is never in stock and DSS apparently has tons of noise. I'm buying one to remedy driveline vibration and for security at the track.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
FiK
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaseleblanc View Post
So is it safe to say that I should skip the current DSS shaft since they are redoing it? I'm hearing a lot of issues with it. It's down to AM's AE driveshaft and CFM's DSS driveshaft right now. AM is never in stock and DSS apparently has tons of noise. I'm buying one to remedy driveline vibration and for security at the track.
It's really not that big a deal.

2011 3.7L Performance Pack (3.31 gear); BMR Springs (1.0, 1.25), Adj Panhard, UCAM, UCA, CABs, LCAs; Tokico DSP-12s; GT500 Strut Mounts; DSS AL Driveshaft; JLT Oil Catch; TSW Interlagos 20x8.5 & Falken 255/35R20 x 4; Audio Sys; Amsoil Sig Series 5W-30/EAO17; Pypes 3" Catback;
On the shelf: H&R SS (1.7/2.4); MM 11+ CC Plates;

RICE
is anyone driving any vehicle with Race-Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page