Automatic 6R80 Switch = SPORT MODE not Hill Assist !!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
The question I have now is CAN the 11/12s be UPGRADED to have the SelectShift button ?

What else did Ford change along with the SelectShift button ??

Drive a car with SelectShift and you won't ask that question. It's worse than useless.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
The 6R80 (Auto Trans) is very similar to the ZF 6 Speed Automatics used in BMWs and Jaquars.

Ford calls the button on the handle "Hill Assist". BMW and Jaguar have switches on the console and they call theirs..... "SPORT MODE". I've owned several automatic BMWs and have used these feature a lot! Can you say FUN!

I can't believe Ford messed up by NOT calling this function "SPORT MODE". What bunch of knuckleheads in their Marketing Division.
For the 2012, it's called "Hill Assist".

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
Apprentice

Regardless what it is called, it makes the automatic bearable. I only drive with Hill Assist engaged and often manual shift 1-2-3-D = less mpg and more fun per gallon.
Thank you adaptive POS that adapts to traffic - epic fail.

JeffOden

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkhead View Post
Regardless what it is called, it makes the automatic bearable. I only drive with Hill Assist engaged and often manual shift 1-2-3-D = less mpg and more fun per gallon.
Thank you adaptive POS that adapts to traffic - epic fail.
Fuse 47, that takes care of the adaptive pos you mentioned.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD08 View Post
Drive a car with SelectShift and you won't ask that question. It's worse than useless.
Seriously ??? That bad ??

Sparkypilot

Yes these are that BAD. Plus, the A6 does NOT and NEVER has had hill assist. Only the sticks from 2013 and on. The 6R80 in the 213-14 cars sucks, can't hold more then a 35-40hp increase (over stock) without slipping in and out of gear like a stick with a bad clutch. Seems either the trans or converter are weak/rated low... Well I know the 6R80 is only rated to like 470hp. Fords quality is slipping, like it's transmissions. And in 2016, ford & Chevy will be sharing transmissions and other parts so kiss the competitive fun good by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
hill assist

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page