Shorty Headers Installed! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Shorty Headers Installed!

Mustang V6 BBK Shorty Header Install/Review 2011 2012 2013 2014 - YouTube

13 V6 Premium Deep Impact Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package,Security Package
Mods: Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, RTR 19in wheels, Nitto Nt55,, Ford All-Weather Mats, Gt LED Grille, Airaid CAI, Borla Atak AxleBacks, GT500 Style wing, Adaptive Shifting Pigtail, Koni Yellows, Steeda Adjustable Camber Plates, and Eibach Sportline springs,BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers, MPT 92 Octane Tune, DSS Driveshaft, Ford 3.73 Gears, Brembos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013
Banned

Much burblier. Great tone. Nice.

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks! I like it a lot!

13 V6 Premium Deep Impact Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package,Security Package
Mods: Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, RTR 19in wheels, Nitto Nt55,, Ford All-Weather Mats, Gt LED Grille, Airaid CAI, Borla Atak AxleBacks, GT500 Style wing, Adaptive Shifting Pigtail, Koni Yellows, Steeda Adjustable Camber Plates, and Eibach Sportline springs,BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers, MPT 92 Octane Tune, DSS Driveshaft, Ford 3.73 Gears, Brembos

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

From what Ive heard on your video, car sounds good
Im surprised you had such a time with the install though. Ive done my share of header installs and for me installing the BBK longtubes and catted X on my v6 was the easiest installation Ive ever done.I dont see the shorties being any more difficult, or are they ?

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013
Apprentice

Nice sound and good lookin ride

2012 Mustang GT CS / Performance White / Black Leather / 302-MT82 / 3.73 / HID lamps and fogs / Bama tune / K&N air filter
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
Im surprised you had such a time with the install though. Ive done my share of header installs and for me installing the BBK longtubes and catted X on my v6 was the easiest installation Ive ever done.I dont see the shorties being any more difficult, or are they ?
See thats where the problem is. Shorties are a much shorter and the exhaust pipes dont have a long run. On the LT's they could work around the bolts and on the new x pipe with LT's you dont have to go halfway into the engine from the bottom to get to the bolts .

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
Randy, these things SUCK. Based on a lot of feedback and my own experiences on long tubes on a V8, it seems like that long tubes on the V6 are a bit easier because of clearance and the length of the tube allows you to use it as a lever. Easy. But long tubes on the V8 are a pain because they're so heavy (comparatively) that they're difficult to keep in place. But short tubes are hard on the 6 because it's a funny reach. But short tubes on the 8 are easier because of clearances and the easier reach involved with the spaces presented. I don't know...
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013
Banned

They don't sound too much different to me... cool though
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013
eclypse3demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
Randy, these things SUCK. Based on a lot of feedback and my own experiences on long tubes on a V8, it seems like that long tubes on the V6 are a bit easier because of clearance and the length of the tube allows you to use it as a lever. Easy. But long tubes on the V8 are a pain because they're so heavy (comparatively) that they're difficult to keep in place. But short tubes are hard on the 6 because it's a funny reach. But short tubes on the 8 are easier because of clearances and the easier reach involved with the spaces presented. I don't know...
Took 3 hours to install my shorties, problem was passenger side cooling line and two large wire looms make accessibility a pain but still 3 hours is relatively short.
eclypse3demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6moddedmustang View Post
They don't sound too much different to me... cool though
One think my little lady said to me today (first real day he heard my car since they were installed) was "what did you do?" she was standing on my porch about 10 feet away and said it was vibrating the porch =).

It does not really increase in volume as much as it does depth and fullness of sound.

I like them.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Alot of people have commented on the sound difference

PONY Member

Garage
I am on the fence on these. I can tell from your video that it is deeper. Probably sounds different in person. They always do. I have the ATAK's and I want to keep the stock resonators to keep a leash on the ATAK's. I don't care much about dyno numbers as much as I want a little deeper tone. You haven't posted any videos of a launch. Maybe pull it through 3rd into fourth. Would like to hear that. Is that possible?

2013 V6 Premium: MCA; Perf Pkg; 8 psi Procharger; GT500 Brakes; AMR Wheels; Stillen Front Chin; GT350 window covers; BBK Shorties; Boss gauge pod (boost, oil & fuel pressure). Cervinis side exhaust & stalker hood.
PONY Member

Garage
YouTube

If you can do a pull like this. I was coming up on a stop sign.

2013 V6 Premium: MCA; Perf Pkg; 8 psi Procharger; GT500 Brakes; AMR Wheels; Stillen Front Chin; GT350 window covers; BBK Shorties; Boss gauge pod (boost, oil & fuel pressure). Cervinis side exhaust & stalker hood.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Try this
Exhaust Sounds V6 Mustang BBK Headers - YouTube

PONY Member

Garage
Do you have one without all the additional noise?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page