White Mustangs are cooler! (Confirmed) - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I got a white shift knob for this reason. My last two cars had aluminum shift knobs a would get crazy hot! The white knob I picked up from AM stays nice and cool! No shift pattern burned into the palm if your hand!

2012 Grabber Blue, V6, Manual w/ 2.73, 91H BAMA tune, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Cat-Back Competition Series Exhaust, J&M LCAs, Hood Spears, Misc. Plasti Dip Accents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecrusher93 View Post
I got a white shift knob for this reason. My last two cars had aluminum shift knobs a would get crazy hot! The white knob I picked up from AM stays nice and cool! No shift pattern burned into the palm if your hand!
Agreed. I still have the stock knob and I can attest that it gets quite hot. That reminds me that I need to get a sun blocker for the windshield...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
GT Member

I love my grabber. I had a black 2010 prior to this. The grabber blue always looks clean and is still a light color so it stays somewhat cool ... but its the coolest in looks reguardless haha

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebyu12 View Post
I love my grabber. I had a black 2010 prior to this. The grabber blue always looks clean and is still a light color so it stays somewhat cool ... but its the coolest in looks reguardless haha
+1 on that.

I had a black Fox body hatchback back in the day in south Louisiana. I left a cassette tape in the rear cargo area by accident and found it curled up from the heat a week later.

2011 V6 Premium Auto 2.73
1 of 8 2011 Grabber Blue with MCA package and glass roof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
In my experience, white has been pretty low maintenance. Love my performance white with stone interior.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
+1, stays clean a long time, doesnt show swirl marks, so happy with my Performance White, the coolest color.
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiK View Post
Even considered white, but like black, it's such a pita to keep white painted cars looking clean.
Amen! lol...a pita can be an understatement. I just love when I wash my car, come back out 15-20 mins later. And theres bird CRAP! ALL over my freshly washed car!
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tormenting5.0 View Post
Amen! lol...a pita can be an understatement. I just love when I wash my car, come back out 15-20 mins later. And theres bird CRAP! ALL over my freshly washed car!
I would suggest that you may want to look for another parking location, get an outdoor cat, or maybe even chop down the tree they are sitting in.

I know exactly what you mean though as I will get the one-off bird bomb every now and then but thankfully it does not happen to mine all the time.

Oxford White 2015 Premium GT with 50-Year Pkg | 3.55 Gears | Roush CAI (105mm Velocity tube) | Stainless Works Headers (Jet-Hot ceramic coated), high flow cats, H-Pipe CatBack full 3" with 4" tips| BAMA V2 93 Octane Tune | Baer EradiSpeed-Plus 2-Piece Rotors | JLT 3.0 Oil Separators | FRPP M-20201-M STB | Silver PP Wheels 19x9, 19x9.5 | NITTO G2 255-40-19, 275-40-19 Tires | J&M Jacking Rails & Subframe Alignment Kit | Steeda Subframe Connectors & Bushing Supports | BMR Front Subframe Brace | Cervinis 1232 Functional Ram Air hood | Ford Performance door sills | White Madness Garage Chrome Shifter | Diode Dynamics interior LED conversion stage 1 & XP80 reverse light | 3M Dark Ceramic Tint (25% sides/20% rear) | Lloyds "50 Years" floor and trunk mats...

Performance White 2012 Premium Pony Package | Torsen T2R 4:1 TBR | FRPP 3.73 Gears | GT500 Differential Cover | DSS 3.8" Carbon Fiber DS | Airaid CAI | BAMA 93R tune | Baer DecelaRotors (drilled/slotted) | BMR Adjustable Panhard & Brace | JLT Oil Separator | Boss 302 STB | Nexen N3000 255-45-ZR18Y tires | PP Engine Cover | 25% Tint

All cars should be rated for Smiles Per Gallon!
FiK
PONY Member

Garage
Well, Performance White may be an exception, but in my experience growing up in the Nevada desert, white cars have a tendency to get dirty looking quick.

2011 3.7L Performance Pack (3.31 gear); BMR Springs (1.0, 1.25), Adj Panhard, UCAM, UCA, CABs, LCAs; Tokico DSP-12s; GT500 Strut Mounts; DSS AL Driveshaft; JLT Oil Catch; TSW Interlagos 20x8.5 & Falken 255/35R20 x 4; Audio Sys; Amsoil Sig Series 5W-30/EAO17; Pypes 3" Catback;
On the shelf: H&R SS (1.7/2.4); MM 11+ CC Plates;

RICE
is anyone driving any vehicle with Race-Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements
Banned

Yeah, I've owned nice black cars and they are a pain.

Black, being driven, and concerned about keeping a clean look....don't go together.

White's about the same but better. Road tar is a pain on white.
PONY Member

Garage
I've never had a white car myself but I've had a few black ones and I'm done with them or any dark colored cars for that mater. Just this past week I sold my 2011 Kona blue mustang for a 2014 Sterling gray one and let me tell you that color doesn't show anything. In fact it rained almost every day this week and I couldn't see much of anything on it.
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012v6Pony View Post
I would suggest that you may want to look for another parking location, get an outdoor cat, or maybe even chop down the tree they are sitting in.

I know exactly what you mean though as I will get the one-off bird bomb every now and then but thankfully it does not happen to mine all the time.
Lol...wish it was that simple. I live at the shore, so seaguls are always playing dive bombers. All the mustangs I've owned have been white. Dirt doesn't always show, but yes road tar is the worst. That shows like a sore thumb on the paint. I do agree, silver and other like colors hide dirt and crap better.
PONY Member

My Mustang is car #30, and looking back, I've had more White or Silver ones than any other color. None have been Black, won't deal with that.

I think white cars tend to look cleaner longer and show less wear/tear, but bugs and such on the bumper/grille/hood sure show up easier than on darker colors.

'14 V6 Prem. 6 speed Perf. Pkg. Oxford White/Saddle
Mods in profile
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Cooler yes, but not the fastest. :nogrinner

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member

Ready for me to throw a wrench in this theory?

Mythbusters also tested whether or not air conditioning affected MPG. Well, it did not and in fact the vehicle using AC was able to continue the course for a while after the car without the AC ran out of gas.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoTheKing View Post
Ready for me to throw a wrench in this theory?

Mythbusters also tested whether or not air conditioning affected MPG. Well, it did not and in fact the vehicle using AC was able to continue the course for a while after the car without the AC ran out of gas.
They also said that was inconclusive being that the shows safety crew would not allow them to drive higher than 45mph which reduced the drag that would normally be caused by the windows being rolled down.

45 and under AC MPG may be less effected but anything above 50 you would have to think the aerodynamic drag having the windows down would cause more fuel usage.

Oxford White 2015 Premium GT with 50-Year Pkg | 3.55 Gears | Roush CAI (105mm Velocity tube) | Stainless Works Headers (Jet-Hot ceramic coated), high flow cats, H-Pipe CatBack full 3" with 4" tips| BAMA V2 93 Octane Tune | Baer EradiSpeed-Plus 2-Piece Rotors | JLT 3.0 Oil Separators | FRPP M-20201-M STB | Silver PP Wheels 19x9, 19x9.5 | NITTO G2 255-40-19, 275-40-19 Tires | J&M Jacking Rails & Subframe Alignment Kit | Steeda Subframe Connectors & Bushing Supports | BMR Front Subframe Brace | Cervinis 1232 Functional Ram Air hood | Ford Performance door sills | White Madness Garage Chrome Shifter | Diode Dynamics interior LED conversion stage 1 & XP80 reverse light | 3M Dark Ceramic Tint (25% sides/20% rear) | Lloyds "50 Years" floor and trunk mats...

Performance White 2012 Premium Pony Package | Torsen T2R 4:1 TBR | FRPP 3.73 Gears | GT500 Differential Cover | DSS 3.8" Carbon Fiber DS | Airaid CAI | BAMA 93R tune | Baer DecelaRotors (drilled/slotted) | BMR Adjustable Panhard & Brace | JLT Oil Separator | Boss 302 STB | Nexen N3000 255-45-ZR18Y tires | PP Engine Cover | 25% Tint

All cars should be rated for Smiles Per Gallon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page