Delay in HVAC buttons - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Delay in HVAC buttons

I have a 2012 V6 with the manual HVAC controls. I bought this used about 8 months ago and haven't gotten around to asking this till now, but I've noticed that it takes a few minutes after I start the car before I can change settings. Hadn't noticed because in the cold months I just keep the settings the same, but now if the A/C was off when I shut the car off, I can't turn it back on for a few minutes. I can't change the vents the air comes out of during that time either. After 2 or 3 minutes everything works fine, so I'm wondering if that is normal? Does it occur with everyone else?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
No way

My base 2012 3.7 has never done this you describe. I'd get it looked at but you need to be able to reproduce the problem at the dealer. Good luck with that.

2012 Candy Red 3.7 Cyclone {RIP}
2014 3.7 Cyclone DIB\BMR rear lca;s\ American Racing razor 18x9\275/40/18 Yokohama S-drives\Boss 302 strut brace\Airaid "tube"& aFe inverted Dry-S drop-in\UPR catch can\Koni sports\J&M cc plates\DSS 3.5" 1 piece
Bassani\BMR adj. panhard\
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013
Banned

My prem. Vert has done this since i got it with 8k. Very noticable delay when changing vent settings and when turning on the a/c. It also blows a vapor trail ocassionally when using the a/c. Like when you open your freezer.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Seconds, sure but not minutes

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013
PONY Member

Yeah, mine takes probably a slow 2 or 3 count to change...but not minutes.

2014 GT Coupe, 3.73 gears, Security Pkg
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ok I timed it, took 1min 45sec consistantly. I really don't want my dash ripped apart unless it stops working. Have awhile till warranty runs out. But, why do some have it and some don't? I have the premium convertible. That's weird that djhayes has it with the same type car... Maybe the convertible has a lockout? Any other convertibles out there? Premium convertibles? Didn't see anything in owners manual. Oh, the vapor trail I think is normal when turning A/C on and off on humid days. Forms condensation like a mini-cloud, nothing to worry about from what I read.

Last edited by mlud00; 07-13-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added content
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013
Banned

Mine doesnt takes minutes, sporadic though
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Just an update, if anyone is watching. Took my car in and complained about the HVAC delay. By the way, I also asked about a rattle or thumping in rear suspension/sway bay. Anyway they replaced the whole HVAC module and also the sway bar bushings, all under warranty. Everything OK now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page