Continuing mods - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yes, noticeable difference low-end, and it really starts to wail up in the rev range. Love the sound. I'll be doing the 3.73's next. After a couple of days driving it with the headers, I still "need" the gears.

2014 V6 Auto, black, Performance Package, 102a, Dynotech drive shaft, brakes: Wilwood Superlite (front), adj. panhard; 3.73 gear; Steeda Sport Springs; Steeda sway bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Thats what i thought. I need all the 'low end' torque i can get, with all the hills here in Tennessee. The extra 'low end' torque was 'instant' when i installed my long tube headers and pulled hard all the way to redline. People say we 'lose low end torque' with long tube headers. I (and you ) sure didn't.

When you get your 3.73 gears installed, its going to bring the power even sooner than now. You'll be surprised how hard your Mustang will pull...........

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I gotta confess I pulled the Borlas. They added a nice tone to the stock engine, and it got better with the CAI. While the sound improved with the addition of the headers and x-pipe, it was pretty ear-splitting. Still sounds great with stocks on, but quieter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2014 V6 Auto, black, Performance Package, 102a, Dynotech drive shaft, brakes: Wilwood Superlite (front), adj. panhard; 3.73 gear; Steeda Sport Springs; Steeda sway bar.

PONY Member

This is an experiment i did. I have Magnaflow 'street series' axlebacks. They got a little louder with the long tubes and catted x-pipe, so i started wondering how the factory mufflers would sound. I reinstalled the factory mufflers just to see. They sounded good but i lost a lot of low end torque. I put my 'street series' back on. A few months later i bought some Magnaflow 'competition' axle backs, they are 'muffler deletes' (straight pipe). I installed them and i lost low end torque. I reinstalled my 'street series' and my low end torque came back.

I found the fine line between too much back pressure and not enough.
Factory muffler=too much back pressure
Muffler delete=not enough back pressure
Magnaflow 'street series'=Perfect

I'm not a Magnaflow fanboy. This is just how my testing came out with what i had to work with....

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

When my wife got in the car after the mod she said "I guess this is the end of conversation in this car." I tested it pretty good today after your post and I can't feel much difference in low end torque. Might be my tune. :
Anyway, I'm happy for now. Gonna sell the Borlas, might try Magnaflows.

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Ordered 3.73's. should arrive tomorrow. Also decided to move from Airaid to Steeda CAI. and I think a BBK throttle body will finish it up.

Apprentice

I don't think you want all those parts. You should mail them to me!

Not gonna lie, just a bit jealous over here hahaha! Nice mods, will make for one hell of a ride!

2013 Mustang V6 Premium Pony Package, Sterling Gray
FRPP Sport Axle Backs - Stack Racing Front Strut Brace - Airaid CAI - JLT Oil Separator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page