Continuing mods - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Continuing mods

Got in my Airaid CAI today and will install tonight. Dynotech driveshaft on the way from Lethal. Then I'll be ready for 3.73.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2014 V6 Auto, black, Performance Package, 102a, Dynotech drive shaft, brakes: Wilwood Superlite (front), adj. panhard; 3.73 gear; Steeda Sport Springs; Steeda sway bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Nice ! After that, longtubes will go nicely.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Got Borlas and a tuner with Lund tunes already. Noticed on high speed runs that I got significant vibration in the drivetrain when I let off the gas, decided the drive shaft needed to be upgraded prior to the gears.

2014 V6 Auto, black, Performance Package, 102a, Dynotech drive shaft, brakes: Wilwood Superlite (front), adj. panhard; 3.73 gear; Steeda Sport Springs; Steeda sway bar.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I honestly didn't expect too much from the CAI, but I was wrong. Performance is definitely improved and the sound is wonderful at WOT!
Driveshaft goes on tomorrow.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

And the Dynotech aluminum drive shaft is installed.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Rockett View Post
And the Dynotech aluminum drive shaft is installed.
How's the ds feel? Any power difference? Are you an auto or manual? I've been up to 140 with no vibrations when I let off the gas but its an auto

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013
Beast3.7

I have a dynotech shaft and love it. I don't know I noticed more power but definitely noticed how smooth the power delivery is and it also smooths out regular driving. I was underneath the car recently saw how awesome it still looks.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
How's the ds feel? Any power difference? Are you an auto or manual? I've been up to 140 with no vibrations when I let off the gas but its an auto

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm an auto as well. Very smooth, like you I feel no vibration decelerating from high speed. There seems to me to be no difference in power, but since I'm running an aggressive Lund tune I probably wouldn't be able to tell anyway!

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Ordered BBK long tube headers, shorty catted x-pipe, and new tunes today!

PONY Member

You'll love the long tubes

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Getting headers and x-pipe installed Wednesday.

Apprentice

Don't forget to buy some resonators for that exhaust once you get the x-pipe on.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
You'll love the long tubes
Just picked the car up. Unbelievable! I'm going to dyno it but the difference in low-end performance is major. I'll wring it out when the rain stops, but the investment was definitely worth it!

And the sound!!!!

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Rockett View Post
Just picked the car up. Unbelievable! I'm going to dyno it but the difference in low-end performance is major. I'll wring it out when the rain stops, but the investment was definitely worth it!

And the sound!!!!

So, you got a lot of extra low end torque? I couldn't believe the extra power when i installed my long tubes

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Folks ask me all the time on YT if the longtubes are worth it.... YES!!! Lol. Gears are still the single 'best' mod thus far, but the headers were a vast improvement, and rather damn easy to install as well!

So now that you are on a roll, whats next?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page