2012 V6 Premium noise in front end. - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdonofrio View Post
I have a 2013 V6 with ~9800 miles and recently noticed a front end noise when going over speed bumps slowly. I hear it from the driver side only. It's hard to describe the sound but I was able to capture a fairly decent sound clip...

2013 V6 Mustang Front End Noise - YouTube

I plan to take it to the dealer this week but was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue?!
Hello cdonofrio,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and Id like to get this escalated for you. Please make an appointment with your dealer to get the noise checked out. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hello cdonofrio,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and Id like to get this escalated for you. Please make an appointment with your dealer to get the noise checked out. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Thank you! I took the car in to have it checked this morning. Unfortunately, it would not make the noise when I took the guy for a test drive. For two weeks it has been making that noise then all of a sudden nothing lol That always seems to happen!! I was told to bring it in if the noise comes back.

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdonofrio View Post
Thank you! I took the car in to have it checked this morning. Unfortunately, it would not make the noise when I took the guy for a test drive. For two weeks it has been making that noise then all of a sudden nothing lol That always seems to happen!! I was told to bring it in if the noise comes back.
You're welcome! Be sure to PM me when it does.

Deysha

Rookie

2012 Mustang Premium V6 has same issue

I've taken mine in to two Ford dealers and an independent shop. First Ford dealer replaced the front left control arm - didn't solve the problem. Took it to the independent shop and they said "definitely the front left strut needs to be replaced". Second Ford dealership replaced the front strut and pressure plate - neither solved the problem. My Mustang is sitting in a repair bay in Kent, Washington, waiting for Ford to provide possible answers.

Very annoying!
Rookie

But reality is that it's not going away. Best fix for this one is to live with it. You will feel better if you accept it. I did.

2013 V6 MT Sterling Grey - 3.31 gears, JLT Intake, Boss Strut Brace, GT Wheels, Infinity Reference 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate P300-10
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacoma View Post
I've taken mine in to two Ford dealers and an independent shop. First Ford dealer replaced the front left control arm - didn't solve the problem. Took it to the independent shop and they said "definitely the front left strut needs to be replaced". Second Ford dealership replaced the front strut and pressure plate - neither solved the problem. My Mustang is sitting in a repair bay in Kent, Washington, waiting for Ford to provide possible answers.

Very annoying!
Hi dtacoma,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Let me get this escalated for you as well. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Rookie

Thank you! I just PMd you the info you requested.
Rookie

Man, I gotta believe there is a fix. I mean how many things can make that odd clunking noise, in that area of the car, and only while traveling over rough road surfaces?! Seems to me the list of potential culprits has to be somewhat limited.
Rookie

The Ford dealer just phoned me. After input from FMC they feel it is a control arm issue after all. The original control arm on my Mustang was replaced in May 2013 (which did not solve the problem.) Ford apparently changed the control arm again in July 2013. So the dealer will install two of the newest control arms; hopefully that will put this issue to rest.
Rookie

The Ford dealership close to my home changed the controlm arms twice. Actually I dropped my car again today at te delaership. They stated the they received a new replacement which took care of the problem.

Other things they are going to fix, the clicking noise on the AC, rear passanger side suspension noise. Sometimes the image on t6he rear camera gets distortioned.

In my case I'm relacing the suspension to store the parts, I finally have the money to install the Eibach suspension(full kit) and the shaft.

2016 GT White, Premium Performance Package, 6 Speed Manual, Recaro Seats.
Rookie

Not sure what's going on at Ford, but the build quality of these cars doesn't reflect well on the company at all. I'm extremely disappointed, to say the least.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacoma View Post
Thank you! I just PMd you the info you requested.
Thanks, dtacoma! Ill get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Rookie

10/17/2013 Update - Both control arms have been replaced; but the Mustang remains in the shop. Today is the eighth day. Replacing the control arms eliminated 90-95% of the noise according to the Lead Mechanic. However, some noise remains when traveling over speed bumps etc., so they are bringing in an engineer to see if they can determine exactly where the origin of the problem is. They used a mechanics stethoscope yesterday but apparently that was not conclusive.

Apparently there have been seven (7) versions of the TSB regarding the control arm issue. Though the first Ford dealer replaced the front left control arm on my car in May 2013, a new version was released by Ford in July 2013. I am pleased that Bowen Scarff Ford is being thorough; my frustration lies with Ford Motor Company and the first Ford dealer I took the car to for service (and where it was purchased). Not only did that dealer service center not fix the control arm problem, they dented the hood of the car while it was in their possession, and then totally ignored my repeated attempts to resolve the issues. I tried working with both the service manager and general manager, and neither responded. "Lame" doesn't begin to describe that dealership.

As for FMC, I can't believe they are putting cars like this out on the street. What happened to Ford quality control? I've been buying Ford's since I was 16 - and I'm 53 now. In fact my uncle was the general manager of the Bowen Scarff dealership for most of the 1970's and 1980's; every car I bought during that time came from that dealership. The only problem I ever had was with a 1973 Pinto (they tended to blow up when rear-ended). Granted, a control arm issue does not rise to the level of burning alive in an exploding vehicle, but still - it's pretty damn annoying. And now seven TSBs for the same issue? Why can't FMC get it right? Why are they subjecting owners and dealer service staff to these absurdities? It boggles the mind.
Rookie

same problem here. i've had my front LCAs replaced once already and they started grinding less than 1000 miles later. it's a pain to drop off my car for a day so i am just living with it for now.

from reading other threads, ford will replace the LCAs as many times as you bring the car in but since they are not adjustable, they will always grind and make your car sound like granny's bed springs. they're doing their best to live up to the old acronym Fix Or Repair Daily.

at any rate, if you plan to keep the car for a while, like i do, the only solution that makes sense is to pay out of pocket for new LCAs and be done with ford bullsh!t. if you feel litigious, get your LCAs replaced 3 or 4 times and invoke lemon laws to force them to buy back the car or pay you. i think if enough people did this they would actually fix the problem instead of replacing bad parts with the exact same bad parts.
Rookie

here's the big sticky thread on the LCA issue.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...oise-tsbs.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page