2012 V6 Premium noise in front end. - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Anyone else have a 2014 with this issue? Mine makes a slight noise like this when driving over speed bumps and the like (18k miles). Never really bothered me, but I accept that cars are incredible complex and things aren't always perfect. I've thought about taking it in so I can stay on top of issues as they occur, but I can't really be bothered to be without it for a day. The passenger side window noise is way more annoying if anyone else has that.

Airaid CAI, Roush axle-backs, Roush high flow upper grill, Raxiom Smoked Projector HIDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

to reiterate. there is no reliable fix for this. replacing parts that make noise with the same parts = same noise. fuhgettaboutit. you will just frustrate yourself to no end by taking it to a dealership (been there, done that). there's no money to be made in warranty service. i'll buy another ford and my suspension creaks like a mofo. build quality of these cars is plenty good. just one of those things you have to live with.

2013 V6 MT Sterling Grey - 3.31 gears, JLT Intake, Boss Strut Brace, GT Wheels, Infinity Reference 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate P300-10
Apprentice

As the weather cools here- I didn't notice any noise at all. Even at speed bumps etc. The noise is noticeable just during summer heat times. 40 degrees and above. I could live with that

Our first new ride in Qatar:An American car!
2013 Ford Mustang V6 Black with 18 inch wheels, side "Mustang stripe", 3D carbon GT500 type spoiler
Ride back home:
1991 R129 500SL, 1992 Porsche 928 GTS, 1996 E36 328 & 1997 W140 S320

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhance View Post
Anyone else have a 2014 with this issue? Mine makes a slight noise like this when driving over speed bumps and the like (18k miles). Never really bothered me, but I accept that cars are incredible complex and things aren't always perfect. I've thought about taking it in so I can stay on top of issues as they occur, but I can't really be bothered to be without it for a day. The passenger side window noise is way more annoying if anyone else has that.
Hi johnrhance,

Id like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please, make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Rookie

I won't accept any excuse from FMC. They've known about this issue literally for years - years! Yet they keep cranking out cars with the same problem. That tells me a lot about how they view and value their customers. If they are unable to fix my car, then they can replace it. Period.

The vast majority of cars, just as "complex" as a Mustang, are somehow able to be manufactured so that they don't squeak, rattle, clunk, or otherwise annoy drivers and passengers until late in the game. The fact that these Mustangs can't even make it to 2,500 miles before this stuff starts is simply unacceptable.

I didn't buy a used, dilapidated car; I paid for a new car. I don't and won't "settle" for mediocrity.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacoma View Post
I won't accept any excuse from FMC. They've known about this issue literally for years - years! Yet they keep cranking out cars with the same problem. That tells me a lot about how they view and value their customers. If they are unable to fix my car, then they can replace it. Period....
Be sure to stay in contact with your CSM until your concerns have been resolved, dtacoma.

Deysha
Rookie

I filed a complaint with our state's Attorney General and would encourage everyone who has or is dealing with this same issue to do likewise. To knowingly continue to manufacture and sell vehicles with a known defect such as this, shows total disregard for consumers. The text of my complaint is as follows:

Explanation of complaint:
Ford Motor Company has been dealing with front control arm failures on their Mustang models for years; since at least 2011. This is a known defect that has resulted in no fewer than seven Technical Service Bulletins, and yet the problem persists. Ford Motor Company continues to manufacture and sell vehicles with this known defect.
This defect is apparent in my 2012 Ford Mustang which I purchased new in April 2012. My vehicle has been in Ford dealerships twice for the same failure. If the problem persists I will of course pursue recourse through the Lemon Law; however it's apparent that this manufacturer has little regard for manufacturing defect-free vehicles. Consumers should be made aware that this is a known defect for which the manufacturer has no response to, other than reissuing Technical Service Bulletins that have not resolved this issue.

Complaint as Public Record: Yes
Disclosure Notices: Yes

If nothing else, FMC can waste as much staff time responding to 50 states' attorney general inquiries, as their customers have wasted in Ford service departments.
Rookie

Hi Deysha,

My CSM has not contacted me since Tuesday. Perhaps they've lost my telephone number.
Rookie

10/18/2013 - So an update to my update. The dealership where my car is being serviced requested that a Field Service Engineer look at my car. Neither Ford nor a Field Service Engineer bothered to give the dealer any idea of when that might happen. Could be next week, the week after - perhaps next month? Dealer is as frustrated as I am. I'm on my way to pick up my car and will take it back on the day the FSE decides to make an appearance.

Ford appears to be taking a page right out of the 1960's General Motors' "How to Destroy a Car Company' playbook.

Nice work guys!
Rookie

2013 V6 MT Sterling Grey - 3.31 gears, JLT Intake, Boss Strut Brace, GT Wheels, Infinity Reference 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate P300-10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhance View Post
is the window noise a faint flapping sound only at high speed (like 75-85)? i have something going on but it's not that bad. figured it was underbody panel loose and flapping.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
There is a "Sticky" about this issue including the Newest TSB up at the top of this page
The newest front LCA Revision includes the newest LCA's with the added Heat shields!
what is the significance of the 'heat shields'?
Rookie

OK, so after nine days in the shop and countless hours of attention by a Lead Mechanic, there is no improvement in the control arm noise. The control arms that were installed were ones issued after the July 2013 revised TSB.

Reputable manufacturers do not manufacture, distribute and sell products they know to be defective. An occasional issue is understandble - the same recurring issue - year after year no less, is inexcusable. At some point, I would think the government will, at some level, step in and say, "No, you cannot continue to rip off consumers; you have to suspend production of this automobile until this issue is resolved."

A class action lawsuit will also draw attention to this issue, and to the business practices of FMC. Obviously, individual complaints have absolutely no effect on FMC. So we get a bigger hammer
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDfive21 View Post
what is the significance of the 'heat shields'?

After Much Testing, and the 3 Revisions that Ford tried, It turned out to be the Under-hood Heat (While the Car is Off) that is Ruining the Bushings on the Front LCA's....

The Newest Revision (4th) has Big Angled Heat Shields to Radiate All Engine Heat Away From the Bushings.....There has been numerous Members that have had this Latest Revision Installed per the TSB. and All have noticed that this Last Revision has actually Worked
Sean.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacoma View Post
Hi Deysha,

My CSM has not contacted me since Tuesday. Perhaps they've lost my telephone number.
I see shes been working on this, dtacoma. Ill have her contact you today.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page