2012 V6 Premium noise in front end. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2012 V6 Premium noise in front end.

Has anyone experienced a noise like either bushings or struts growling when easing over speed bumps in parking lots? I only have 15k and its starting to drive me crazy. I know in the next few days I will have it at the dealer but was just checking to see if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013
Apprentice

I creek/squeak over speed bumps, but I am lowered so I just thought it was that. Do you have any modifications?

FRPP 3.55 - DSS driveshaft - LMR SVE Drift 19x9.5 - Falken FK452 275/40/19 - Eibach Sportlines - Airaid Intake - Bama Tune
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013
PONY Member

Easiest and cheapest test is to check the weather stripping on the trunk

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013
J Orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoTheKing View Post
Easiest and cheapest test is to check the weather stripping on the trunk
wait, what? Please elaborate.

My front end now groans after swapping out struts and springs. I'm wondering what I can lube to get it to stop.
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013
PONY Member

A lot of noise from speed bumps comes from the weather stripping on the trunk. Use silicone and see what happens
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivas1 View Post
Has anyone experienced a noise like either bushings or struts growling when easing over speed bumps in parking lots? I only have 15k and its starting to drive me crazy. I know in the next few days I will have it at the dealer but was just checking to see if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks,
Hello trivas1,

You should have it checked out at your dealer and speaking to your Service Manager about this. He/She is in the best position to look into this for you. He/she can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013
PONY Member

I had the same issue when going over speed bumps. I took it in yesterday and they confirmed the lower control arm was bad on the left side. They're replacing both the fronts with the "improved" LCAs under warranty. This issue is pretty common from what I've read on this forum. I'll post up how everything looks and sounds after the install them later this week.

My noise was coming from the front end, no rear end clunks. You can always do the CPR test on your struts, and if they make a bunch of noise when you press down on each front strut then those may be the issue. Could also be a bad LCA bushing or a Swaybar end link, take it in and let them figure it out under warranty
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

my noise is from the front end as well for sure. I did see (after I posted) there is a Service Bullet on a control arm or something to that nature. I will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow and will let you know what the issue is.
Thanks for the help everyone. It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013
PONY Member

I have this issue now as well as the "crickets chirping" from the rear brakes whenever the brake pedal is pushed. Minimal problems but still annoying.

2012 Mustang V6 auto.

- BAMA 93- S or R
Apprentice

This is what happened to my upper strut mount when it was removed from the strut at 4500 miles. Had noise over speed bumps. Was replaced with the 2011 gt500 upper strut mount. Needed them with the FRPP n springs.

2013 Grabber Blue Premium Couple, Auto, FRPP N Springs, FRPP Dampeners, Lund Tune
Rookie

Normal when it gets hot. Even if ford got you new ones they would make the noise again in 5k miles. You could check to see if the production date falls I to the range of build dates for the recall that they had. Some 2011 and eary 12 cars had a recall

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaman View Post
This is what happened to my upper strut mount when it was removed from the strut at 4500 miles. Had noise over speed bumps. Was replaced with the 2011 gt500 upper strut mount. Needed them with the FRPP n springs.

Good information, thanks tor taking time to share. I will let you guys know how I come out soon.
Rookie

read this thread.. https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...11-2013-a.html

the dealer will replace your bad LCAs with the same or similar ones that will creak again soon. i know from personal experience.
J Orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaman View Post

My stock bearings didn't look like that at all and its had me wondering.

The REPLACEMENT set I ordered, but did not use DID look like that, where if you took the halves apart the bearings fell out.

Now here's what's weird (and no I didn't snap a pic, hands were too dirty)
The strut mounts that I removed had a plastic ring cap covering the bearings. It wouldn't come off and you couldn't see the bearings at all.

We were also unable to use the replacement mounts I ordered as they didn't want to work with the eibach strut and since the stock ones looked so much better we reused them, not a clunk once. Also the part number ended in a DE or D, I can't remember...

I have an early build '11 Anyone find a similar type of mount?
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstangBlake View Post
I have this issue now as well as the "crickets chirping" from the rear brakes whenever the brake pedal is pushed. Minimal problems but still annoying.
Hello blackstangBlake,

I recommend you have the vehicle checked out at your dealer and speak to your Service Manager about this. He/she is in the best position to look into this for you. He/she can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page