Ford Mustang Forum banner

New Member Borla Touring Axle-Back Question

Tags
borla cai
1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Stang2014 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone! New member here. I plan to buy a 2014 or 2013 V6 PP Mustang later this year and I was hoping you guys could help me answer some questions. I’m a college student so money is tight and I intend to keep the car as stock as possible. Having said that I’ve already done some looking around I’ve fell in love with the Borla Touring Exhaust. I’m completely new to modding so please forgive my ignorance. My question is does this exhaust need any maintenance down the road or will my Mustang need any maintenance down the road because of the exhaust. I thinking about getting an Airaid or C&L CAI, but after further research I’ve learned that it’s probably a waste of money w/o a tune so I’ll probably get a drop in K&N filter instead.

Also, what do you guys think I’ll be able to get for the exhaust maybe 2-3 years down the line? Is there any other mods you guys recommend that will benefit the performance or look of my car? Or that might help the performance/sound of the borla axle-back?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I have the Borla S Type. It's mainly for sound, you don't need a tune for that. I recommend a CAI. Just because you don't get a tune right away doesn't mean your car won't benefit. Get a tuner when you can its worth it. Small steps, youlle get there. Check out American Muscle, plenty of stuff for looks and performance. It's where I shop. And welcome noobie!!!

#3 ·
Not sure on the price in the future. With the '15 Mustangs coming out, don't expect the price to drop too much if the same part for our '14 Borla S Type will fit the '15 Mustangs. If it DOESN'T fit the '15, then you may be able to save a few bucks. Not a lot though.

To help with the Borla sound, get an intake. I don't have a tune (it's not required) and my CEL didn't pop up. I got the Airaid and I noticed a HUGE difference in throttle response and exhaust note. It will make your exhaust sound a little deeper. I installed my Magnaflows before I got the intake and I was able to tell. It doesn't sound like it's sucking through a straw anymore to breathe lol.

As far as exterior mods go, put some louvers on the quarter windows. It makes the car look aggressive. I love mine.

G
#4 ·
facepalm.gif I used to enjoy this site but I'm sick of seeing new posts like this everyday. New people just refuse to search and the Mods can't seem to enforce the rules making this entire sub-forum one big mess. Please enjoy the 500 axle-back/warranty/intake threads every day. I think it's time for me to take a vacation.

#5 ·
He asked if the axlebacks require maintenance... I haven't heard that before haha.

No they don't though. Slap em on and forget about em. Especially high end ones like Borlas, they're stainless steel and will outlast the car probably.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Thanks everyone! Sorry if the questions seem silly, but like I said I am completely new to this stuff.

As far as the "use search" comment goes... I did one better I used google (just put site:allfordmustangs.com in front of your search word(s) to find if there were answers to my questions, but obviously I couldn't find them and I opened this thread.

Anyways, I think I've made up my mind. I'm going for the Bassani axle-back and Airaid CAI as soon as I get the car. Down the road I'm looking at some Hankook or General tires.

I do have a few more questions though haha. Did you guys purchase tire warranty or any kind of extended warranty? Would you recommend it? The car may be a lease and I would prefer to get all the maintenance needed done at the dealership, but I'm not sure how much the basic 3yr/36k mi covers.

Thanks again guys! This forum really knows how to welcome a new member :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.