2013 mustang v6 clutch question? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thansk for all the help guys. I guess i will have to bite the bullet and get a flywheel. He will already have the motor pulled out anyway. And no hes not pulling the motor to install the blower. I spun a rod bearing. I had a oil leak without knowing it. It was too late by the time I found out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

I ran my procharger on stock clutch and flywheel for over a year... no issues. I think the issue in the flywheel becomes apparent if you have good bite in your tires and they hook well therefore stressing the clutch and flywheel a lot more.

The clutch is the same part number as the one on the 5.0... when I was looking to change my flywheel I was just going to keep the stock clutch and swap flywheels.. but the amount of work it is to drop the tranny, I decided to throw a stage 3 exedy clutch in there too.

So your answer is the stock parts will last awhile.. just start saving for the upgrade in the near future. Especially if you plan on running at the track. Good luck!

Are they dyno tuning your car? Does the tuner know how to tune a 3.7 properly... because most tuners don't. Be careful with that aspect too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

I will be having John Lund doing the tuning remotely. I may dyno it later on when I feel like throwing more money at the car. lol This car is one fun money pit. lol

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197mustang View Post
I will be having John Lund doing the tuning remotely. I may dyno it later on when I feel like throwing more money at the car. lol This car is one fun money pit. lol
let me know how that works out, im curious if lund can tune these boosted 3.7s well. He's not very far from me.

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well after 17 revisions with John Lund. The car still isn't smooth and has idle issues. Not to mention it's slow. But John has been very helpful. He also was always very fast to respond to my questions. But I dropped the car off at a shop this morning for a dyno tune. I think it was just to difficult to do a email tune.

PONY Member
S197 Member

John, while hailed as one of the top tuners couldn't tune a hesitation out of my 5.0 with a Magnuson and told me I would just have to live with it. He has access to software that very few outside of ford have but with two careers cant always dedicate the time to a specific car. Gt500 s and the 5.0 he has nailed down but he wouldnt be my first choice for a tuner with the 3.7. Dont get me wrong as he is excellent but im not sure he can dedicate enough time to really iron out your car which he could not do with mine. I would talk with CFM since they have a lot of 3.7 procharger experience.

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

I agree with you about Lund. I should have went a different route for tuning my 3.7. The car made 389whp and 323tq on 6.5 pounds. With my new dyno tune. I wont post John Lunds tune because he tuned me. Not knowing my belt was slipping. I need meth and a smaller pulley bad. lol

GT Member

You Dont Need meth.. You Can Run 450rwhp With A Good Exhaust And A 10lb Pulley With A Good tune.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebyu12 View Post
You Dont Need meth.. You Can Run 450rwhp With A Good Exhaust And A 10lb Pulley With A Good tune.

I'm going to run meth on top of the tune. Just want to keep ait's low.

GT Member

Yeah and then when your tuned for.it and your meth pump goes. Kaboom... kerrdog had this happen.

409/335 on a 98 degree day -- 1[email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah and then when your tuned for.it and your meth pump goes. Kaboom... kerrdog had this happen.

I will never understand people not buying a flow gauge. Why spend all that money on my car. Then be cheep about one gauge. They even make a safety feature for turbo cars. But people will continue to cheep out or get bad advice. lol

GT Member

I would prefer to go E85 and just call it a day. There are plenty of guys with 5.0s doing it on stock fuel system.

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
I would prefer to go E85 and just call it a day. There are plenty of guys with 5.0s doing it on stock fuel system.
I agree with you. I've ran e85 and meth on my turbo cobalt and Evo x before I sold them. I prefer the e85. But where I moved e85 is not convenient anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page