2011 V6 MT Issues - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74novaguy View Post
Well just wanted to vent a little and run this by every one and what they think.

Well my car started shifting hard and before I could take it in. It stopped letting me shift while the car was running. I could put it in gear and start it then take off like normal but I just couldn't shift out of that gear but I can stop and go all I want. So I had it towed to the closet dealer.

They called me today and told me it needs a new clutch. 2300 dollars and they will fix it as its not a warranty issue. Car only has 31k on it still under basic warranty. So i hung up to think about it. Called back and asked for a quote faxed to me and a parts list. They told me that it needs a new clutch disk, Master and Slave cylinder and Pilot bearing...
I received your update, 74novaguy. Please keep me posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
PM Deysha, this isn't a normal sounding failure.
Thank you for the mention, Grok!

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well just picked it up from the crappy dealer and now there's a new symptom. The clutch engages at the floor. So the car is trying to move a bit hen its started and in gear. Full engagement is about an inch off the floor. That tells me slave cylinder is bad? Or pressure plate not the clutch. Am I correct? And I'm not low on fluid.

2011 3.7L MT, Magnaflow Competition Axle Back Exhaust
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well I called the dealer I took it to. And they informed me today that the found the master cylinder to be faulty. Seems like a rare thing but its alot better than paying the other dealer 2300.

djwhiplash2001

Did you have to pay any money to the other dealer?
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhiplash2001 View Post
Did you have to pay any money to the other dealer?
Ya I paid 57.00 for them to tell me it was a clutch. So now I have to try and find a way to get them to refund me. Im going to try and take it up with ford corporate and see about a refund. Not to mention the 200 in diesel that i spend to go up there and tow it to another dealer. I think I should get it all refunded.

djwhiplash2001

Fully agree - problem was diagnosed as a warranty repair, which means no cost to you.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well got car back. Was talking with the tech and he laughed at the other dealer and said first thing he did was look under the dash and noticed the master cylinder was leaking. Im still having a harsh/difficult 1-2 shift but at least the car is drive-able.

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs up

Okay car is finally completely fixed. 3 dealers and some new parts later and it shifts like hot knife through butter. Turns out after pulling the transmission the Slave cylinder was in pieces I guess the bearing came apart. And the pressure plate was loose like the TSB stated. But its all fixed and good to go. Easiest shifting I've had in the car ever now. And the clutch pedal is back to being stiff and engagement is about half way up the travel vs before it was at the bottom portion of the travel. Only issue is the Ford Dealer wouldn't install my SPEC Clutch and Flywheel while the transmission was out. Its understandable though as they were in there trying to find and repair an issue under warranty.

Parts replaced in all visits Master and Slave cylinder

Dealers Visited
Jones West Ford - Reno, NV Tip: Stay the hell away from this service department
Rio Vista Ford - Rio Vista, CA - Great dealer seemed personal, listed to my issue and took my advise on what was wrong. I dont fault them for not finding the slave cylinder as it wasn't shifting when it was brought to them and it left at least shifting just hard and the master cylinder was visibly leaking.
Rizzari Ford - Merced, CA - Decent Service as they fixed the car. Could be a little better at calling me back when they said they would. but they were willing to pull the transmission out, without wanting to charge me diag like the dealer in Reno.

All in all this has been a huge pain in my ass and I'm out around 300 dollars between Diag to Reno and Gas to tow it myself from Reno to Rio Vista. And being without my car for around a month. Hasn't been a fun experience but at least I have my car back. Now time to battle with ford and get my money back from Jones West Ford in Reno.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page